Author Topic: Returning after a long hiatus, what's new?  (Read 340 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Returning after a long hiatus, what's new?
« on: March 08, 2024, 06:23:05 am »
Hi there. Returning to Open XCOM after a few years away. Was wondering how I might catch up on what I've missed around here? Like updates to the project, added modding options, etc. For OXCE I know that with each new version Meridian posts a list of changes/features added. That's pretty convenient as one can read through the main thread to see what's new with OXCE over a long period.

Does a similar thing exist for the main OXC? Sorry if I'm missing it. I checked out the "changelog" from the latest nightly download and that only lists updates/changes through 1.0, lol. The latest nightly page itself only has the most recent 10 versions and not a lot of details.

Thanks!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Returning after a long hiatus, what's new?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 11:07:10 am »
In OXC mainly bug fixes, for ground breaking changes look for OXCE or even BrutalAI fork that drastically change how AI work.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 05:26:47 am »
Thanks Yankes! Yeah, I'll definitely be reading up on the new stuff in OXCE, it looks pretty cool. I noticed the system where you can improve stats by earning commendations. I always enjoyed commendations, so that seems like an interesting mechanic. I'll take a look at BurtalAI as well. I assumed that was a mod, didn't realize it was its own build.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 01:22:35 pm »
For other engine fork, there is FtA, similar like BAI is different exe that add some new functionalities on top of OXCE.