aliens

Author Topic: That moment when you jump in your seat  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
That moment when you jump in your seat
« on: November 11, 2015, 09:57:42 pm »
Just had it yesterday, again, after playing this game for so many years.

Night mission at the forest. Main group is getting butchered by the aliens inside the UFO (Sectoid kills 3 in a single turn). Time to get the tactical reserve, send a rookie running towards the UFO, suddenly a plasma beam shoots out of nowhere and I nearly brown my underwear. Rookie lived though.   

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: That moment when you jump in your seat
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 10:09:17 pm »
Just had it yesterday, again, after playing this game for so many years.

Night mission at the forest. Main group is getting butchered by the aliens inside the UFO (Sectoid kills 3 in a single turn). Time to get the tactical reserve, send a rookie running towards the UFO, suddenly a plasma beam shoots out of nowhere and I nearly brown my underwear. Rookie lived though.

hehe had that expreicne today but with a nicely aimed blaster bomb. luckily it was my no psi team, so i didn't care that much.
Stupid Muton Elite firing shit at me from the dark...

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:01:20 pm »
Yes! One of the things I'll probably never get entirely used to. This shocking moment when you get a really unexpected salve. But it's not the only situation, where you can have that. Same happened a few years ago, when we were playing MoH in LAN. Must have looked really funny, when I was kind of climbing up to the lamp... Why did the dude have to be so shockingly near, when he entered the room? ::)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 10:15:39 pm »
Had that happen just earlier today. About to storm a UFO, there's a sliver of space between it and the edge of the map. Surely there's nothing there? Just to be sure, casually send a rookie without properly strafing around the corner PEW!

Our crappy Ikea chair almost fell apart as I pushed myself back from the laptop. Ah.. XCom! :D