Author Topic: Graphics problems [Solved]  (Read 3463 times)

Offline gpjeff

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Graphics problems [Solved]
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:13:01 am »
Hello,
This is probably a settings problem that I have. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with the 2016-01-23 nightly. Game play is fine.

Problem - on all screens -geoscape, battlefield, options, etc - after a about a minute, the normal graphics turn to a lower color count looking graphic. See attachments.

To change back to regular graphics, I switch screens, ie Geoscape fouls and I will click on Bases and the normal graphics come back up. On the battle field I will click on "?" to get back to normal graphics.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:25:45 am by gpjeff »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics problems
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 07:55:26 am »
woah, far out man.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:01:32 am »
Problem - on all screens -geoscape, battlefield, options, etc - after a about a minute, the normal graphics turn to a lower color count looking graphic.

My brother has claimed he has this exact problem for a while - since I installed V1.0 for him, I belleve.

However I've never had it happen on my computer, and every time he tried to show me, He'd start OpenXcom, and play around with the game for several minuets to try and show me, but nothing ever went wrong at all.

Since we have exactly the same files (the original 3 1/4 disks) in both our install's, I have always ignored it as Matt just complaning for something to do.

However add the fact he is a tech-suport nightmare, (Start button? where on the keyboard is that? Open a new window? But it's Night outside! and Raining!) and you can see why I thought that.

PS: I use XP on my machine and he has Win7 - but I don't think that's not the cause.

Offline gpjeff

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 06:45:04 pm »
Thanks Roxis.

I have another machine running win 7 64 bit that I ran in to that problem only after I installed a nightly - back before the new folder structure. The problem didn't happen so quickly, just randomly after a period of time.

I've tried clean installs as well, still the same problem on the machine the photos were taken.

i'm not a computer know it all, however I was in computer science for a couple of years in college and I help out with the IT at the places I work at from time to time.

Offline gpjeff

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics problems [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:28:38 am »
I think I have it solved.
Under "Game Options"/ "Video" / "Display Filter" - it was set on "scale". I changed that to "openxcom" and it has seemed to do the trick.