aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433638 times)

KZad Bhat

Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2400 on: July 08, 2018, 12:11:01 pm »
I feel like a silly ass about the key changes now. Turns out I thought the click was doing nothing because there's no visual indication it selected the key, and I'd never bothered to try pressing a key anyway to see if it still changed. My bad on that one.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 08, 2018, 12:34:40 pm »
Crash after research (I think lokknarr scriptures)

Code: [Select]

[07-07-2018] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Research STR_MYTH_001 not found
[07-07-2018] [FATAL] Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available
[07-07-2018] [FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Research STR_MYTH_001 not found

Can confirm this, it happens when the scriptures try to give "Myths: The Second Snake".  It's strange because the article exists and there are no misspellings anywhere that I can find, yet the game just doesn't recognize it and crashes when trying to load it.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 08, 2018, 05:18:08 pm »
Can confirm this, it happens when the scriptures try to give "Myths: The Second Snake".  It's strange because the article exists and there are no misspellings anywhere that I can find, yet the game just doesn't recognize it and crashes when trying to load it.
research:
  - name: STR_MYTH_001
    needItem: true
this code will fix it

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 08, 2018, 06:00:11 pm »
That does indeed explain it: It's completely absent from the Research section of the ruleset, so of course the game wouldn't recognize something that's not even there.

Thanks for the fix, and thank goodness it's an easy fix.

niculinux

« Reply #2404 on: July 08, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »
research:
  - name: STR_MYTH_001
    needItem: true
this code will fix it

What is the .rul file to edit? This affects the 0.99J3 build, i (sadly) presume?!

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 08, 2018, 10:13:07 pm »
What is the .rul file to edit? This affects the 0.99J3 build, i (sadly) presume?!

For 099J3 download and replace existing file:
\user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset\Piratez.rul

niculinux

« Reply #2406 on: July 08, 2018, 10:27:06 pm »
For 099J3 download and replace existing file:
\user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset\Piratez.rul

thnks a lot! Hey just started a brand new game in 0.99J3 on an old x86 ubuntu 16.04 PC and using the tech tree viewer on "our culture" topic i get a "PIRATE /SLV" string, is it a typpo bug? See 'shiot attached

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 08, 2018, 10:55:55 pm »
thnks a lot! Hey just started a brand new game in 0.99J3 on an old x86 ubuntu 16.04 PC and using the tech tree viewer on "our culture" topic i get a "PIRATE /SLV" string, is it a typpo bug? See 'shiot attached

Work as intended.

Offline AlienZimogor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 08, 2018, 11:30:44 pm »
Oh my god...
On a ironman caught by "segmentation fault". Ver: j2,j3
With only one save. Save cannot loadable. On a both versions.
Mission: ride to academy, what i do before crash: end turn, where: near ship. Time: month 3, armor: savage x2, pirate x3, adventurer x1, equipped weapons: savage sword x2, ak47, battlerifle, hammer, uzi, saber. Some tiles on a map burnt&smoked by molotov and frag. This is all what i remember.
Archive contains:
1. .cfg file
2. .sav file
3. .log file

Some observations:
This problem can't encountered in a version year ago(f3?)
This problem might be encountered everywhere: options menu, base screen, worldmap, battlemap, load game, save game, exit game...

What a joke: unlocked ironman in extreme-bugged mod, makes game unloadable. Time to make some extra autosaves(on a start month, on a 10th day, before battle, on a first turn, with free loading without time-waste), or cut ironman?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 09, 2018, 12:10:53 am »
It loaded fine for me... does anyone else get a crash on this save?

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 09, 2018, 12:31:26 am »
With only one save. Save cannot loadable. On a both versions.
Mission: ride to academy, what i do before crash: end turn, where: near ship. Time: month 3, armor: savage x2, pirate x3, adventurer x1, equipped weapons: savage sword x2, ak47, battlerifle, hammer, uzi, saber. Some tiles on a map burnt&smoked by molotov and frag. This is all what i remember.
I have tested with fresh 099j3 and i can't reproduce it. Here's a save file right after the mission.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:34:25 am by FG »

Offline AlienZimogor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 09, 2018, 01:02:22 am »
Thanks for all, problem solved: something bad in a cfg. I don't know, what is broken, but renew game&delete config works. Thx to user, that make a screen with different layout(Meridian). And next for user, that saves my time(FG).
Probably thing that cause this: notorious openGL "supporting" on a old devices, like my ancient calculator. Encountered in openGL games&apps like renpy, niceboat engine, FOnline, and so on.
Switch to 1600x900 and applying filters make segmentations faults again.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 09, 2018, 02:17:56 am »
i get a "PIRATE /SLV" string, is it a typpo bug?

It's not a bug, it's the pirate outfit for slave soldiers.

Edit: Got a crash on trying to manufacture an exotic dancer.  I think it's a similar case to the scriptures where the thing is absent from the ruleset (the manufacture section in this case).  I was wondering why the item to be produced was "Gladiatrix to Exotic Dancer" instead of something like "EXOTIC DANCER".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:01:15 pm by BBHood217 »

Offline AlienZimogor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 10, 2018, 02:50:41 pm »
And again faulted segmentations after some hours of playing.
Spent time with shamanic dances and sings, i finally find REAL CAUSE of this: different original game versions. Just replace classic UFO to UFO from collectors edition and problem dissolved.
I guess that in such cases the mod will definitely benefit from the "all-in-one" assembly(instead of raw mod), excluding such problems.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 10, 2018, 04:06:25 pm »
I am pretty sure it is still illegal to distribute the mod/open xcom in general with a version of X-COM.