Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1456473 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2115 on: March 16, 2018, 09:00:51 pm »
Still works. All HWPs and aux units will be placed and you can duke it out.
It will be tricky if you have to go downstairs with 2x2 units. Game works without a 'soldier' in the base.

Auto-recovery doesn't happen. Units are placed across the map and only engines are able to 'hurt' units by blowing up. Since all crafts have inside/outside spawns you'll never run into the situation of an auto-recovery.

The problem with the barrel bomb is to get the thing INSIDE the hangar in the first place. It's best to have a vault or barracks right next to the hangar and throw it in through the passage of the upper floor. Hand will most likely die in the process due to reaction fire. You can also use a flashbanger slave and sacrifice him.

Online RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 16, 2018, 11:54:45 pm »
Still works. All HWPs and aux units will be placed and you can duke it out.
Cool just wondering.
By auto-recovery I meant if the base defenses blow up the enemy ship. That base defense score means something. But I could swear ive shot down enemies before and it doesnt even show me the debrief/loot screen, maybe my memory is fuzzy though. Allowing base defenses to crush them precludes getting captures but they often bring lots of snazzy stuff with them worth saving (plasma guns, plasma scorcher, etc). If base defenses brought down a battleship/dreadnought in vanilla you get the full loot of the ship.

Barrel bombing is as simple as getting up to the top, wait for next turn, come out the door and fall off the balcony, drop the bomb (2 TUs) then run for cover in the next room. Throwing stuff will invoke reaction fire, movement can invoke it, but you spend less TU this way and might only get shot at while running away. Depends on the faction you're being hit with I guess but from what ive heard only Stargod Waspites are a threat to this.

I often smash dudes with bombs, hellerium grenades and so on just by "dropping" it right in front of them as I run by them. They cant react to dropping an item. Its very mean, though you wont be able to get it in the same square as someone that way.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 17, 2018, 12:24:42 am »
If base defenses brought down a battleship/dreadnought in vanilla you get the full loot of the ship.

Uh, no.  Base defenses destroying an attacking craft has the same result as destroying (not crashing) an enemy craft with interceptors: The craft is completely gone so there's no battlescape and no loot.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 17, 2018, 12:26:18 am »
Ofc enemies can't shot you while you run at them since your TU reserves remain high. Nearly all A.I. units remain with little more than 30-40% of their max TUs left for 1-2 snapshots only.
With full TU's you can throw the bomb right in their face while they see you and can't react either.
Pointless to say. We just want the bomb planted, either by losing a brave soul or having a real 'roadrunner'.
With the hangar blown up time to smash the entry lift.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2119 on: March 17, 2018, 05:04:26 am »
I do recall reading in a forum years ago that the original version of UFO Defense did have you looting a ships shot down in base defense. As I recall, in fact, it also provided a lot of Elerium. But this was changed in one of the updates, either 1.4 or one leading up to it.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 17, 2018, 04:45:18 pm »
You may be thinking of this bug: Base Defence Elerium bug
On DOS versions of UFO Defense, Elerium pods may spawn as items from the base stockpile during a Base Defence bug. Each pod represents 50 units of Elerium and will be normally collected after the mission, same as any other item such as Heavy Lasers or Blaster Bombs. HOWEVER. The program will potentially generate 1 elerium POD for every 1 UNIT of elerium in your inventory. Thus, if you had only 10 lasers and 50 Elerium listed in your Sell screen, you would see 10 lasers and 50 Elerium Crystals in your Soldier Equip Screen, which would translate to 50 Elerium pods and 10 lasers scattered around your base. This equals 2500 Elerium, BTW. You basically have the potential to multiply your elerium stocks by 50.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 17, 2018, 08:08:27 pm »
That's not going to happen here. Elerium pods won't be generated in this mod so you can't get free stuff. It's the other way around that you can lose items scattered on the floor in the vents or in the burrow.

Online RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 17, 2018, 08:26:47 pm »
But this was changed in one of the updates, either 1.4 or one leading up to it.
This was happening in TFTD back when I was playing it in 1996.
(also, why would I remember it, for it to be a thing, if it didnt happen)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 22, 2018, 12:58:28 pm »
In new upload - A couple of observations

- Ufopedia should be Bootypedia. Alien Lifeforms should be factions. Xcom craft and armament. The menu has reverted back for the most part to normal Xcom.
- I can see Sectoid Commander, Sectoid Leader, Sectoid Engineer and Sectoid Medic up for purchase. Also shows up as Sectoid in battlescape. Yup something is gone wrong here. Academy shows up as Sectoid in Ufopedia.
- Church description is now titled Snakeman in Ufopedia
- Hunter Killer appears as Interceptor in 'Launch Interception'
- In new list of research, there is STR_MISSION_ACADEMY_CRUISE_PREQ
- Star God Coordinator in my prison shows up as Ethereal Commander
- Hellerium shows up as Elerium-115
- There seems to be quite a number of issues with language. My memory is fuzzy but 'Intercept' when going after a craft should be something else. Also 'Yes/No' should 'Yay/Nay' Right?
- About to attack Alien Hideout - It is now referred to as base. Also the standard Piratez text for attacking hideouts has reverted to normal Xcom text.
- Soldier Ranks have reverted to normal Xcom. Images of ranks are fine but titles e.g. Swabbie to Sergeant.. etc

Is anyone else having issues with this? Did a comparison between this and earlier version. 3 rulesets are missing from piratez folder.

- Piratez_lang.rul
- Piratez_lang-cs.rul
- Piratez_lang-pl.rul

Moved the three from previous version to newer version - That sorted most of the above out. Fingers crossed that game doesnt crash.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:12:34 pm by Cristao »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 22, 2018, 01:08:24 pm »
There are tiles that have no movement cost.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 22, 2018, 03:39:15 pm »
Is anyone else having issues with this?

No, only you.
Most likely incorrectly installed.

Did a comparison between this and earlier version. 3 rulesets are missing from piratez folder.

- Piratez_lang.rul
- Piratez_lang-cs.rul
- Piratez_lang-pl.rul

Moved the three from previous version to newer version - That sorted most of the above out. Fingers crossed that game doesnt crash.

These files are no longer required.
The translations were moved from /Ruleset to /Language

You won't have any crashes... but you also won't have the latest translations.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 22, 2018, 10:24:23 pm »
Some weird thing at Lab after update.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 22, 2018, 10:46:43 pm »
Infinity Ratmen spawn.

After updating I've got way too much missions (including low level like airrace).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 22, 2018, 10:47:37 pm »
String: That's normal after updating during campaign.
It's the trigger for the mission you usually don't see if you play form scratch.

Ratman-army: That's the risk you take for updating mid-campaign.

Offline jpnuar1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 23, 2018, 12:50:45 am »
There are tiles that have no movement cost.
Same issue here.