Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433894 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2100 on: March 14, 2018, 06:10:54 pm »
I didn't realize that was possible.  Sounds like an actual brigand patrol "craft" (that's actually just brigands scattered all over the map with no actual craft) needs to be made now instead of just having it be a small scout manned by a single brigand.

Thanks for the advice about the comm waves and terror ships, as it turns out they did spawn a mission a few days or a week later. Before anyone gets carried away this is the bugs/crash reports thread. So I posted my blurb about the bandit patrols in the main thread.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 15, 2018, 02:09:40 am »
Not sure if a bug or feature. When standing "in" the hedge tile, you cannot see out of it. But apparently, you can be seen while standing in it.
You need to step out of the hedge tile to see the drone. You can shoot the drone from the hedge tile and it will reaction fire back at you.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 15, 2018, 12:54:19 pm »
Explanation attached.

Basically your eye is in the hedge, but your weapon is not.

Code: [Select]
tile position [30,2,0]
LOF origin voxel [495 (30*16+15), 47 (2*16+15), 18]
LOS origin voxel [487 (30*16+7),  40 (2*16+8),  21]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:09:26 pm by Meridian »

niculinux

« Reply #2103 on: March 15, 2018, 03:27:12 pm »
Using 0.99I1 with OXEC+ 3.10a game won't even load, see screenshot attached  :'(

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 15, 2018, 03:28:58 pm »
Using 0.99I1 with OXEC+ 3.10a game won't even load, see screenshot attached  :'(

... The game tells you exactly what needs to be fixed in that screenshot.

niculinux

« Reply #2105 on: March 15, 2018, 03:34:03 pm »
... The game tells you exactly what needs to be fixed in that screenshot.

I'm not able to do that sorry...using the 3.10a one provided with the openxcom files game starts but segfaults, as soon as i activate it in the advanced options screen. The very latest string in the .log file:

OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod. Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2106 on: March 15, 2018, 06:41:06 pm »
If you can't fix the range finder entry in the ruleset, then you won't be able to use 310a.  Stick with the executable that came with 99i.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 15, 2018, 10:54:11 pm »
I modified mine to fix the rangefinder issue, so here you go.

niculinux

« Reply #2108 on: March 15, 2018, 10:55:51 pm »
I modified mine to fix the rangefinder issue, so here you go.
thank you very much!! gonna hive a try asap  :-*

Edit: tryed, actually game starts but has same crash thin withopenxcom files 0.8.6 (points 2 and 3) as stated here:

OpenXcom has crashed: locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
I guess 3.10a is not ready for prime time, sadly  :'(
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:31:14 am by niculinux »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 16, 2018, 10:16:43 am »
Patch it back and wait 1-2 weeks for the official update. Go play some games on steam in the meanwhile.

niculinux

« Reply #2110 on: March 16, 2018, 10:28:05 am »
Patch it back and wait 1-2 weeks for the official update. Go play some games on steam in the meanwhile.

(offtopic) i 'don't play anything at all, only xpiratez, every now and then  :)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 16, 2018, 10:57:26 am »
Good decision. You must be a very busy (wo)man.

niculinux

« Reply #2112 on: March 16, 2018, 01:11:24 pm »
Good decision. You must be a very busy (wo)man.

indeed!  ;D Heyin 0.99.I1 I've noticed that in the option description "wounded fight if base attached" there is a typo because the correct word is "exertion" not "extertion", at least i found it using wordreference; hope i'm not wrong  :-\

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 16, 2018, 01:19:40 pm »
This option is disabled for myself. Lost a good soldier in a previous campaign during a ratman-base assault because she had like 30+ sickbay days to recover and suddenly had to fight with 10/68 HP.
Unaware of stun/turn and damage/turn while k.o. she fell into a deep slumber forever.

If I feel really threathen to lose a base, I order dogs/lokk'nars and cheap hands to duke it out. Against any kind of opposition using plasma-weaponry it's all about numbers and enemy-contact is given from turn 1 so mass-panic can be avoided by simply killing some goons and losing some aux-units.
Elite crew is only needed for VIP capture but most of the time a waste. Also panzerfaust and flamers on mass!

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 16, 2018, 08:52:44 pm »
This option is disabled for myself. Lost a good soldier in a previous campaign during a ratman-base assault because she had like 30+ sickbay days to recover and suddenly had to fight with 10/68 HP.
That is realistic though, its best to let the runts and brainers cart them out on a stretcher while the bad guys are coming in through the other door.

I do got a question for ya though Ethereal, just on speculation... If you leave only HWPs at a base but no soldiers does that mean the base still folds if its attacked? I have since put 1 Lokknar lady in each base just to be safe but I had 3 Tamed Reapers in each one (they're small comms/intercept bases).

In vanilla this wasnt a problem - (I think) I had one base defense mission where the 4 Coelecanth/GCannons I had stocked there were able to defend it without any soldiers. Dunno if this has changed as of OXCE+ though.

Also mite be abit of a bug - but in vanilla if you successfully destroy a ship trying to land you collect all the loot and corpses from it, it immediately jumps to the debriefing report. But I dont believe it does this in OXCE+ or X-Piratez... which is kinda a big loss if I do say so.

Another thing about cheap base defense, when you get Refinery the chemicals become very easy to get and that means lots of explosives like barrel bombs. Ive heard there are special tiles that can destroy a facility if they are broken... do all map blocks have these or is it just certain facilities like the Lab/Power Plant etc that do. Because the Hangar is a perfect place to blow the hell out of stuff but I should know if its got a do-not-touch tile on it.