aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434331 times)

Offline Lobsterman Bait

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2040 on: January 23, 2018, 08:16:34 am »
I've had a minor error several days ago with Vodka not healing Fatal Wounds. The Vodka in question was found on one of my enemies - the Vodka I brought into battle worked just fine. Unfortunately I've overwritten the save file... I'll see if I can duplicate it.

A minor aesthetic issue. Nothing game breaking here :3

It does cause some pathfinding weirdness, though - if you click the tile with the error, the gal will climb up to the top of the staircase and then onto the bugged tile, wasting TUs.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 23, 2018, 02:33:07 pm »
The vodka should cure fatal wounds if applied correctly. I can imagine that you picked up the vodka from a dead/stunned body and tried to use it while standing on top of the corpse/stunned body. If this is true, the game auto-targets the body on the ground. I have no other solution to this riddle. Vodka works just fine for me.

I wasn't aware the tile in question has such an behavior screwing the path finding. In due time this might get fixed together with other tiles costing 0 TU's and so on.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: January 24, 2018, 08:37:28 pm »
The Reticulan tech tree still has a few holes left that could put a roadblock on your research.  More details in this post of mine here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5345.msg91715.html#msg91715

Any suggested fixes?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 24, 2018, 10:51:20 pm »
Any suggested fixes?
Drop the get free from for Reticulan Hive. Everything else would need more rejigging of that section of the tech tree.
And if you're affected, the easiest way would be to add the missing techs to your save. Alternatively you could also edit Piratez_Factions.rul and replace "      STR_CONTACT_RETICULANS: false" with "#      STR_CONTACT_RETICULANS: false" wherever you find it. Remember to uncomment it after you got the missing techs or Reticulans will spawn forever.

Offline Narvi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 31, 2018, 09:34:18 pm »
Do Rebel Fighters not have maps implemented yet? I shot one down to research the contents and I get that fault that indicated 'missing mod content'.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 31, 2018, 09:45:49 pm »
Do Rebel Fighters not have maps implemented yet? I shot one down to research the contents and I get that fault that indicated 'missing mod content'.

They do have a map; that message you got is just the generic one given whenever a SEGFAULT happens.  Having a null pointer due to missing/mis-typed mod content is just a common reason for it.  Can you reproduce the crash, and do you have a save just before the crash happens?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2046 on: January 31, 2018, 09:57:42 pm »
This is a simple bug - rank 11 is missing, so the game can't find the right unit.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 31, 2018, 11:05:58 pm »
This is a simple bug - rank 11 is missing, so the game can't find the right unit.
Replace it with rank 10 on line 37711 of Piratez_Factions.rul to fix it?

Offline Narvi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 31, 2018, 11:35:27 pm »
They do have a map; that message you got is just the generic one given whenever a SEGFAULT happens.  Having a null pointer due to missing/mis-typed mod content is just a common reason for it.  Can you reproduce the crash, and do you have a save just before the crash happens?

Here. Just send in the Fortuna to reproduce the crash.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2049 on: February 01, 2018, 08:33:17 pm »
Replace it with rank 10 on line 37711 of Piratez_Factions.rul to fix it?

Deleting rank 11 from alienDeployments for this mission should work.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13:22 pm »
Apparently the blowfish has some funny wall tiles that prevent melee attacks when standing on them. Its the tiles with the chairs.
Here is the link to Meridians analysis: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4187.msg92201.html#msg92201

Offline Riph

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 06, 2018, 03:20:47 am »
Hi Piratez.

I'm really enjoying the new Assault Bike. A wearable HWP was a crazy cool idea.

Two problems found so far, my apologies if already reported:
1) Ammo is not automatically loaded, you have to click and drop an ammo belt into it at the start of each mission. (Ufopedia article specifically says this should happen automatically, which is why I mention.)
2) Ammo appears to be totally consumed, regardless of how many shots were fired. I made 5 belts, went on 5 missions, and now they're all gone despite only firing about four times. If I had to speculate, I'd say that the Assault Bike MG is not playing nice with Statistical Bullet Saving, but that's only a guess.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 06, 2018, 09:52:04 am »
If the bullet-saving feature doesn't play along, you can only build a dozen ammo-belts to spare and keep remembering to reload the gun first before starting the mission.
In Starving Poet's let's play of X-Com Files something similiar has to be done with the scout-drone. He has to reload the A.I. first before actually starting the mission in battlescape.

A QoL change for future releases.
Considering the bullet-saving, you might just had bad luck that the RNG rolled too low to give you full belts back.

Offline Riph

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 07, 2018, 02:34:41 am »
Considering the bullet-saving, you might just had bad luck that the RNG rolled too low to give you full belts back.

I had the same thought, so I went back to retest.

In the second test, ammo was loaded but zero shots were fired, I used only the auto-ax.
Ammo belt was still consumed.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 07, 2018, 10:05:16 am »
I guess it has something to do with how the armor and it's in-built weapon works. The way we deploy the bike in comparision to a normal HWP is different since we have to use a special 'armor' and manually reload the mounted-gun.

HWPs with limited ammo are treated different in terms of ammo-spending/saving than normal guns with ammo clips.
My favourite HWP Howitzer can use it's mortar up to 8 times during an engagement. If I shot once with the mortar, It will only use 1 shell from my vaults after the battle.
Every shell is counted as it's own ammo-stack. Same for HWP/Battlecannon and the HWP/Flak.

The bike as a hybrid of a HWP and a soldier could get some fixes in how the ammo-saving/pre-saved reloading works but the boarding gun isn't the only selling point for this HWP/armor.
The auto-ax and the way it eats through almost everything while offering a decent healthpool and armor-value to soak up damage has to do it.