Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434034 times)

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2025 on: January 07, 2018, 06:46:56 pm »
Clicking "Logs" at base panel brings base summary screen. There is "Cryo Prison" entry and I think there should be only "Prisons".

Offline Lobsterman Bait

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: January 08, 2018, 08:49:48 pm »
There's a tile on top of the staircase that shouldn't be there (circled in the image - look closely)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: January 09, 2018, 01:16:54 pm »
A minor aesthetic issue. Nothing game breaking here :3

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: January 11, 2018, 02:40:05 am »
Where'd the alien brain go?  I ended up having to kill all the ethereals and sectopods on Cydonia to win the game, but some versions before I was able to just blow up the brain to win.  Is this a bug, or was the brain intentionally removed so that you wouldn't be able to breeze through the final mission anymore?

Edit: And now I'm confused.  I fired up phase 2 Cydonia in quick battle a few times, and the alien brain was there.  My main game's already won, but I still wonder why it didn't spawn there.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:58:43 am by BBHood217 »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: January 11, 2018, 09:07:19 am »
Looks like 'bad luck' for maptile generator.
Congrats to finishing the game. Now try another codex and/or harder difficulty :3

Offline MistarRed

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: January 11, 2018, 06:52:37 pm »
I think I found a bug.  When I use Moonshine on a friendly instead of on the user, the stun damage is applied to the moonshine user, not the recipient of the moonshine.  I had an archer run out of energy, so I sent someone to give them a sip.  The archer got the energy, while the moonshiner got the stun.  The archer was supposed to receive the stun.

Also Mutant Meat does not work below a certain hit point threshold, as the stun it gives is too high, so it aborts.  I am guessing this is by design, but it makes it not very useful in dire situations in a Mansion run.  Would prefer the stun stated in description and have characters go into a food coma, so someone needs to give them water.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:55:01 pm by MistarRed »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: January 11, 2018, 07:47:06 pm »
I think I found a bug.  When I use Moonshine on a friendly instead of on the user, the stun damage is applied to the moonshine user, not the recipient of the moonshine.  I had an archer run out of energy, so I sent someone to give them a sip.  The archer got the energy, while the moonshiner got the stun.  The archer was supposed to receive the stun.

Also Mutant Meat does not work below a certain hit point threshold, as the stun it gives is too high, so it aborts.  I am guessing this is by design, but it makes it not very useful in dire situations in a Mansion run.  Would prefer the stun stated in description and have characters go into a food coma, so someone needs to give them water.

Both of these were balance decisions - moonshine used to give stun to the target, so you could stun enemies by force-feeding them moonshine.  Mutant meat granting stun damage is to make it not exploitable for removing all wound recovery time, the fact that you can't use it if it would make you go unconscious is part of the engine - just like you can't use something if you can't pay the TU cost, you can't use something if it costs too much energy or would stun the unit.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: January 12, 2018, 02:30:53 am »
Congrats to finishing the game. Now try another codex and/or harder difficulty :3

What I should try first is not savescumming so much, which I couldn't help but do since this mod is just so much harder and more complex compared to UFO Defense.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: January 19, 2018, 09:25:28 pm »
Was Playing my game this morning and while on a Sunken USO mission I suffered a crash to desktop.

Receaved this message

Code: [Select]
OpenXcom has crashed: Sound 8212 in BATTLE.CAT not found
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

Thinking it was my mods, I disabled all of them and gave it another shot.  Same Error.

Went back to the previous Geoscape save and re-did the mission from that.  Nope, Still the same Error.

Attached:
On the Mission Save (01 Battlescape.sav)
Previous Geoscape Save (01 Geoscape.sav)
Data Log (openxcom.log)

Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 19, 2018, 10:00:04 pm »
This is one of the cases in which the error message is useful - there's something that references a sound at index _212 (can't necessarily say what the blank is if you have multiple mods), but index _212 isn't found or loaded properly in an extraSounds definition.  When exactly did the crash occur? Randomly while doing nothing? When firing a certain weapon?

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: January 20, 2018, 12:54:36 am »
Started the mission,  went to move one of the gals, she took one step and crash

And no its not a mod - turned all of them off except Xpirates and it still happens.

Edit: Found the problem - missing sound file (I think it got removed by my anti-virus as corrupt), just had to recopy from the current version to fix.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:08:11 am by Roxis231 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2036 on: January 20, 2018, 12:41:05 pm »
What antivirus are you using? Just to make sure I never install it. ;)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: January 20, 2018, 05:05:53 pm »
Sounds like an old Avira installation to me.
McAfee gives a damn about most archives downloaded.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: January 20, 2018, 07:44:24 pm »
After some checking I don't think it was my anti-virus that corupted  it - In fact I'm not sure what did.

I've just checked Avast's Logs, and they haven't picked anything up for sometime, nor has my firewall.

So I have no idea how it became corupted, only that it was.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some maintinance on the PC this weekend then.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: January 23, 2018, 03:23:13 am »
The Reticulan tech tree still has a few holes left that could put a roadblock on your research.  More details in this post of mine here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5345.msg91715.html#msg91715