aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434222 times)

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2010 on: January 03, 2018, 08:52:04 am »
Also didn't get one from hell cruise though, idk if that's even implemented yet.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 03, 2018, 04:30:15 pm »
I think I finally know what's wrong with Academy Hierarchy.  I somehow need it as an actual physical item to research it, which seems like a typo to me.  Or again, maybe my save transferring is really at fault here, I just dunno.

I hope I can figure this out soon.  I'm finally starting to capture provosts, and I apparently need that Hierarchy tech to interrogate them.

Offline kikanaide

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 03, 2018, 11:07:02 pm »
I think I finally know what's wrong with Academy Hierarchy.  I somehow need it as an actual physical item to research it, which seems like a typo to me.  Or again, maybe my save transferring is really at fault here, I just dunno.

I hope I can figure this out soon.  I'm finally starting to capture provosts, and I apparently need that Hierarchy tech to interrogate them.

For a quick fix, open up Piratez.rul and search for STR_ACADEMY_HIERARCHY (it's line 61885 on I1 if you haven't edited the file).  Three lines under that is a line that says "needItem: true" - change true to false and you should be set.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2013 on: January 04, 2018, 12:14:35 am »
Dioxine, I'm also not getting a bounty on that mission.  Here's a mid-mission save.  I can give a geo-save pre-mission if that's helpful.

I will look into it, thanks.

EDIT:
This is really weird. I'd like that Geo save, might shed some light on this mystery. Somehow you got a fairly small number of Deep Ones and no Lobsters, neither any of the Deep Ones who carry good loot.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:52:34 am by Dioxine »

Offline kikanaide

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 04, 2018, 09:23:59 am »
Here's the geo save.  Turns out the most recent one I had was half a month back or so, but the same month.  So I just ran the clock forward a bit to give you this save - please don't judge at stuff like brainers doing nothing.

This is also the campaign that's had I think 7 smuggler MF-clones, but zero of the true mellineo mission...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2015 on: January 04, 2018, 12:32:52 pm »
This is also the campaign that's had I think 7 smuggler MF-clones, but zero of the true mellineo mission...

That is fully intended, not every smuggler is San Holo :)

EDIT:
Checked the save, it seems the relevant alien ranks (ones with loot) refuse to spawn partially or completely on low difficulty level. Which is weird because they should...

EDIT2: The enemy spawning routine runs out of spawn nodes on the maps, and it only clusters the enemies to spawn all on Jack Sparrow difficulty. Hence, it doesn't spawn the guys with loot, as they're down the list.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:31:46 pm by Dioxine »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 04, 2018, 04:50:49 pm »
Just a minor one: Robbing a human commando yields way less credits than his sell price.  I guess his sell price was changed at some point, but not his robbery loot.

Offline kikanaide

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 04, 2018, 08:00:24 pm »
Fun (probably buggy) enemy spawn point on the Bandit Cave mission.  Was having some trouble finding the remaining enemy...wonder how she got there?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2018 on: January 04, 2018, 08:28:10 pm »
Fun (probably buggy) enemy spawn point on the Bandit Cave mission.  Was having some trouble finding the remaining enemy...wonder how she got there?

Getting there is as easy as walking... If you keep your eyes peeled. Really, you're calling a lovingly crafted feature, a bug? You're hurting my feelings. I love mystery, and caves are supposed to be fun. :)
Btw you seem to be doing fairly great, gz!

@Others
I don't even answer minor bug reports, not much to speak of, I think I fixed them all. Thank you for your alertness.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 05, 2018, 04:07:59 am »
EDIT:
Checked the save, it seems the relevant alien ranks (ones with loot) refuse to spawn partially or completely on low difficulty level. Which is weird because they should...

EDIT2: The enemy spawning routine runs out of spawn nodes on the maps, and it only clusters the enemies to spawn all on Jack Sparrow difficulty. Hence, it doesn't spawn the guys with loot, as they're down the list.

Is there a way to fix this myself?  I think I'm about to get that bounty mission (it's called "They Came From The Sea", right?), and would hate to miss out on all those Jack tokens.  I mean, the Jack tokens are shafted enough as it is; GZ and MA tokens at least can be earned from other sources via trading in old money and captives acquired from non-bounty missions, but Jack has no such alternatives which is why he's the only one that I haven't gotten all the prizes yet three years in while the other customers are already all done prize-wise.

Offline kikanaide

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 05, 2018, 07:40:35 am »
Getting there is as easy as walking... If you keep your eyes peeled. Really, you're calling a lovingly crafted feature, a bug? You're hurting my feelings. I love mystery, and caves are supposed to be fun. :)
Hah!  I had just happened to stop that Uber right in front of the exit, and what I was referring to as a "bug" was that neither she nor the hoe had vision on the other from one tile.  When I lost my patience and went into debug mode to find the last one (I'll admit I do this rather than wait for "Bug Hunt"), I still couldn't kill her because of the visibility.

On the other hand, moving that Uber one tile meant the hoe walked out and bam, stage over.  Huh.  Thank you for replying!

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 05, 2018, 02:53:04 pm »
Turns out I can fix it myself, it's just a matter of reordering the enemy deployments so that the ones that drop the tokens spawn first before all the rest.  In Piratez_Factions.rul, search for STR_LOC_DEEP_ONE_02 under alienDeployments and reorder the alienRank text blocks accordingly.  And might as well do the same to STR_LOC_PIRATE_CRUISE since that mission also deals with a horde of deep ones which might become too numerous to allow the enemies with sonic guns to spawn.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2022 on: January 06, 2018, 03:22:12 am »
Nah the cruise ship has more than enough spawns.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 06, 2018, 03:57:13 am »
Incidentally the same spawn issue seems to occur with the daemon imperial probes. I've never seen Hell barons and cacodeamons appear on lower difficulty for those maps. I just never thought it worth the complaint given the difficulty of those particular foes vs the rewards.   

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2024 on: January 06, 2018, 04:23:45 am »
This should be fixed as well, I made proper nodes (with Solar's help) for most terrains.