Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433711 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1920 on: November 23, 2017, 05:10:19 am »
Try putting her at the top of the deployment list?  There are some strange behaviors related to giving soldiers 2x2 armors, and one of them is that if the chosen spawn point isn't big enough for the size of the armor, then the soldier doesn't spawn.  The Thunderhorse has some spawn points that won't fit 2x2 armors, particularly towards the back of the craft.

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 23, 2017, 07:06:03 am »
Good suggestion, so I tested it out. I've now tried to use the assault bike in every available crew slot in the Thunderhorse, and she won't show up in inventory management in any form. I also tried unequipping the howitzer tank I also had on the Thunderhorse, and that doesn't change the problem with the Assault Bike not showing up. Odd.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1922 on: November 23, 2017, 07:16:38 pm »
Hmm, adding screenshots taken from your save and my own tests... Nothing seems to be awry...

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 23, 2017, 08:09:15 pm »
OK, that's really odd. I've tried it again and I still have the same issue. If I equip Rising Dementia with any other armour, she's fine. Put the Assault Bike on her and she disappears from the inventory equip screen and the mission load equip screen, and doesn't show up in-mission. So what are you doing differently than me? If you're using my save there shouldn't be any differences, right?

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: November 23, 2017, 08:17:48 pm »
So I just tried unequipping everything from my Thunderhorse and transferring over other Assault Bike armours from other bases, and then re-equipping everything into the Thunderhorse. I can now get multiple bikes to load in-mission. This is odd because I tried that when I had just the one armour in base and re-equipping everything did nothing. Is there something about adding or removing an item from a stack of inventory items that reloads a variable or something? Why would two bikes work but my one bike wouldn't?

Anyways, appears to be working, sorry for wasting your time everyone...

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:23 pm »
Whoops, spoke too early. Look at these two saves. The quicksave is a geo save from right before the battle... if you turn it back to base you can see that I have two gals with Assault Bike armour onboard. The battlescape 3 save is after I land... only one Assault bike (Indomitable Bunny) is in the mission... the other one (Drippin Titania) isn't in the mission at all. I tried reloading the quicksave and then landing at the mission to see if different missions change anything, but no matter what layout comes up the result is the same... Bunny's bike is in, Titania's isn't. Maybe these two saves will give some clarity as to what's going on?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1926 on: November 23, 2017, 09:01:37 pm »
You need to put the gals in bike armors on the top of the list.

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 24, 2017, 12:07:41 pm »
Awesome, that works perfectly. Thanks for the info Dioxine!

Offline Balbinator

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 24, 2017, 08:36:01 pm »
Tech tree bug?
I've researched "Commando pistol" from Osiron security. I can manufacture clips. I got info that I can now purchase item, but I can`t. The pistol isn`t on the black market...

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 26, 2017, 04:30:17 am »
You might need a specific market unlocked first, though that would mean that the game saying it's available to buy is the error.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 26, 2017, 05:19:15 pm »
The mission "Raynerd must survive" is an awesomely crafted map from a visual point and gives me the feeling of busting into a heavy-fortress wrecking havoc and rescuing fella mutants etc.

Gameplay-wise it's tedious to crack open all walls to find 'trapped' megapol foes.
Is it intentional that most of the doors don't open and all watch-towers been sealed off as well?

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 27, 2017, 02:05:28 pm »
I started playing this again after a while, awesome as I remembered, although I began a new game with lower difficulty (the 2nd of the list) so that I could reach the point I left faster before switching back (about August or so). However, as a complete surprise I stumbled upon a craft filled with goddamn Armored Zombies. They had good gear and protection but thankfully they can't shoot for shit. I checked if it was possible to defeat them with enough application of blunt trauma, but the most I managed to do was to stun one and steal his stuff before being forced into a tactical retreat.

Just for fun, I used the CTR+J/K combo trick to see what I would gain if I was to pass that mission (since I doubt there's a legit way of doing so), but then the game crashed with a Segmentation fault error.

Attaching a file so that you can check it yourselves. I'm using a few mods for music and minor gameplay fixes, but nothing major.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1932 on: November 28, 2017, 10:30:19 am »
Gameplay-wise it's tedious to crack open all walls to find 'trapped' megapol foes.
Is it intentional that most of the doors don't open and all watch-towers been sealed off as well?

No it's a pure coincidence, lol :)

Just for fun, I used the CTR+J/K combo trick to see what I would gain if I was to pass that mission (since I doubt there's a legit way of doing so), but then the game crashed with a Segmentation fault error.

Yeah that's what happens when you use this trick on zombie troopers. Normal behaviour.

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 01, 2017, 12:01:05 am »
There's a bug in 0.99H2.
Bootypedia says fusion ball is a heavy weapon, but it can only be equipped as a Missile. Don't know which one is intended.

Offline the Ring Dang Doo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 01, 2017, 04:06:59 am »
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but suddenly today my X-Piratez shortcut and .exe just run Open X-COM instead of X-Piratez.  Restarted my PC, re-installed the mod, no change.  Any insight?

[edit]This is the greatest forum in the world.  As soon as I post anything to it I find the answer myself.  I swear this doesn't happen to me everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:13:18 am by the Ring Dang Doo »