aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434344 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1905 on: November 07, 2017, 01:42:03 pm »
It's all RNG for the tileset. You got 'unlucky' in that regard.
The same is true for "Escape Tower" mission. A map without the tower+vessel is possible.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1906 on: November 07, 2017, 03:36:10 pm »
@Zippicus:
For the Blood Rituals mission, there was a line missing out of the ruleset that prevented the altar from spawning.   I'm attaching my patched version of the file.

Offline marcomon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 10, 2017, 12:55:04 pm »
After researching "Synthmuscle Mesh", if I choose to "view reports" I get a CTD with the attached message windows.
I had this problem with H1 and now with H2 build.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 10, 2017, 02:17:39 pm »
That's odd, I didn't had the problem in H1 and neither in H2.
The synthmuscle mesh itself shouldn't have it's own bootypedia page, "view report" should give 'mercenary armor' to see the entry for merc. armor values.

Dunno what's happening there but this should work totally fine tho. All merc' relevant topics seem crash-free for my end.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:06:36 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 10, 2017, 10:17:42 pm »
It's supposed to be Mysterious Tower.
Same is true for "They came from the Sea"

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 11, 2017, 02:14:15 am »
In new nightly, weapon `type: STR_RANGEFINDER`will cause fail to load because it do not use ammo items and do not have clip size.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 11, 2017, 02:44:14 am »
Found a little issue with the new demon-filled towermap.

If the mapblock for the tower spawns at the lower edge of the map (see screenshot) it's impossible for footgals to access the stairs and get into the tower.
With one more row of 'flat earth' at this side of the mapblock, those cases could be solved.

Other than that, I guess shooting a hole into the walls might do the trick somehow too.

Edit:
A pickaxe can roll high enough to break the one tile on the start of the stairs to open a passage to get into the tower by foot.
Leaves your team vulnerable to attacks from the inside while chopping the solid cursed rock out of existence.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:19:06 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:18 pm »
Is everything ok with Jellyfish in-build weapon? So far every FIRST shot from Arcane Ray just disapear (or hit the wall).
Also from time to time that guided "missile" doesn't use waypoints and take different route to the target.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 12, 2017, 12:10:28 am »
There's a 'door' in that firing port that you have to open first, and there's only really that one direction to fire out.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1914 on: November 12, 2017, 12:24:40 am »
@Ragshak : yeah I was stumped a bit too with the Jellyfish.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 12, 2017, 12:32:26 am »
Ha! Nice! Thanks!

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 12, 2017, 08:32:53 pm »
This is not a bug-report but more like a little suggestion regarding items needed to build facilities:

Hyperwave-Decoder = 6x Slave-AI - not big of a deal, users should salvage plenty of those during the run
Repulsor-Defence = 30x Force Circuitry - alone the extra items needed let the investment look really unfriendly to consider
Luxury Spa = 4x Slaves, 6x Maids - also not too big of an extra investment
Sickbay = 10x Med. Supply - if needed and surgery room isn't build yet
VooDoo School / Summ. Circle = 10x Hypno Panel each - Panels are hard to get and take quite some storage space.
Mint = 1x Industrial Scanner - Scanners are also very rare to get since those are linked to one specific kind of shipping atm
Ind. Printer = 3x Industrial Scanner - Like Mint if you get the lucky 4x Scanner drop from the shipping you can't have both or have to choose between 1x Printer and 3x Mint
Factory = 500x Plastasteel - Everyone should've plenty of that around
Power Station = 2x Large Ship Engine - Not a big deal but those are 400k worth of extra investment
Surgery Room = 3x Surgery Unit - unless you know that you need those 3x Units you might've sold too many of these for 75k
Computer Core = 20x Slave AI - necessary and usually only one core is needed to get the endgame tech

And now to my actual suggestion: Surgery Unit / Industrial Scanners and Hypno Panels need a hint that they're needed to build into facilities.
Right-clicking them into the 'Fence' screen doesn't show the player this information.
The scenario happening is for example: Player A researched 1x Industrial Scanner, found out about the use of those things and sold the rest for good money.
He/she decided to research Ind. Printer and suddenly realises that the facility needs 3x Industrial Scanner to be build.

This isn't totally gamebreaking but this minor detail missing in the 'Fence' screen once right-clicking specific items (with apperantly no use to them) suddenly have high value preventing Player A from building important facilities. Maybe for the to-do-list for later updates?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 13, 2017, 02:39:43 am »
I run some experimental code that cross link researches on load and I find possible missing topics:

[13-11-2017_01-27-20]   [ERROR]   Unknow reserch STR_CANNON
[13-11-2017_01-27-20]   [ERROR]   Unknow reserch STR_SLAVERY
[13-11-2017_01-27-20]   [ERROR]   Unknow reserch STR_PIR_BLASTER_BOMB

Offline Carfax

• Sergeant
  • Question your own beliefs once a year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 13, 2017, 08:27:26 pm »
Does the spoiler free tech tree nöt include living stuff ? I get spoilers for captured animals and people when i look at them in prison/ burrow? Is this working as intened?
iI personally think these points should also be included if possible.
Regards Carfax
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:30:39 am by Carfax »

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 23, 2017, 04:50:28 am »
Is anyone else having trouble getting the Assault Bike to work with the Thunderhorse? I was using Metallo for quite some time and had no issue getting any of my gals to wear it... it showed up in the inventory equip screen just fine, and generated on the map just fine. Now that I have a Thunderhorse I can't get the Assault bike to work. If I add a certain gal to the crew of it in any other armour, she shows up in the inventory equip screens just fine (both at base and at mission launch). The moment I turn her armour to Assault bike though, I can no longer see her in either equip screen at all... she is listed as on-board, and the Thunderhorse shows 4 crew capacity taken up by her, but she herself isn't loaded into the equip screens. If I try to start a mission with her, the mission starts fine but she isn't in it in any form, nude or otherwise. Failing to load maybe? Again, no issues with the same thing in Metallo when it was my main, but Thunderhorse isn't working. Here's a save, try it yourself if you'd like.