Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433994 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1515 on: April 15, 2017, 11:31:11 am »
Good morning sunshine :)

...the letters are really small next to that big .png... and I wasn't here at all. >poof!<

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 15, 2017, 11:46:30 am »
In other news... I couldn't reproduce the crash... can someone else try and confirm?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1517 on: April 15, 2017, 09:25:19 pm »
No crash for me either.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 16, 2017, 12:26:38 am »
So this is weird.  I double checked and I was still getting the crash... until I left the missiles on.  I had been only using spitters and getting the crash, but when I downed it with missiles it worked fine.  Can you reproduce this?

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 16, 2017, 02:29:22 am »
Have a strange minor bug, maybe with the map?  I'm still fairly new to Piratez, and thought it was a good time to start over, so I did a fresh install with the current version, started a new game, and this is the first landed mission

If the gal with the shotgun (Flotsam Icicle) exits the ship and goes south west (towards bottom left of screen) she'll see a nurse at 18, 38, 0.  If I try to shoot the nurse with the ol shotgun it won't show the animation for firing, there will be no impacts, but it will play the sound, reduce TU and ammo count like she fired.  If I try shooting at 17, 38, 0 it will give a "can't see them" message and do nothing, like there was no LOS.  If I shoot at 18, 37, 0 it will shoot like normal.  It will work like normal if I try shooting with a musket gal, or run up and melee.  If I run the shotgun gal into the enemy ship she can shoot the others in there.

Obviously not game breaking, but figured I should report it.  Really enjoying this mod, by the way.  I think it might have ruined me for vanilla

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1520 on: April 16, 2017, 02:58:06 am »
It simply means your buckshot missed completely and went out of the map (which means no hit animation). Buckshot skips bullet animation by default, so there was nothing to show except the discharge.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 16, 2017, 03:44:44 am »
Found a fun one:  If you overload a vehicle, easy with the early ships, the game puts a negative number or whatever item on the ship, if you don't remove those, which is irritating to do, by the way, after the next mission, you will get however many of the item you were into the negatives with.

example: I loaded my aircar up and went over when I tried to add a tommy, which went to -55 and after the mission, I got 55 tommys as loot.

I can probably set it up again for a save if you're interested but it looks like it ought to be easy to duplicate.

Sadly I didn't save recently before loading that car, and I can't continue until I sell enough of them to allow storage, just going to have to endure the unearned profit.  :'(

Incidentally, any way to show how much storage space your ships have available/left? Especially as crew count towards it?

Edit

apparently until you actually take care of the negative number, it does the same thing for every mission you use that ship for.  I was OK(ish) keeping the profits from the first load, but how do I safely remove money from my total?

Or should I even worry about $165000x2 extra?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:56:45 am by khade »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 16, 2017, 02:17:32 pm »
example: I loaded my aircar up and went over when I tried to add a tommy, which went to -55 and after the mission, I got 55 tommys as loot.

I have fixed the issue in the newest OXCE+ (2017-04-14)...

... except for the case when you overloaded the craft before it was changed to have a storage limit. This can happen only if you upgrade PirateZ during the campaign. When starting a new campaign, this can't happen.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:38:54 pm by Meridian »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 16, 2017, 02:36:44 pm »
So this is weird.  I double checked and I was still getting the crash... until I left the missiles on.  I had been only using spitters and getting the crash, but when I downed it with missiles it worked fine.  Can you reproduce this?

No, I can't.

Why don't you just give us a save after shooting down the UFO and just  before landing (e.g. say no when you shoot them down and then target again the crash site)?
That way we don't have to beg RNG gods for same outcome as in your tests... just need a save right before the crash.

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 16, 2017, 06:23:36 pm »
Found a fun one:  If you overload a vehicle, easy with the early ships, the game puts a negative number or whatever item on the ship, if you don't remove those, which is irritating to do, by the way, after the next mission, you will get however many of the item you were into the negatives with.

I can probably set it up again for a save if you're interested but it looks like it ought to be easy to duplicate.

Sadly I didn't save recently before loading that car, and I can't continue until I sell enough of them to allow storage, just going to have to endure the unearned profit.  :'(

Incidentally, any way to show how much storage space your ships have available/left? Especially as crew count towards it?

Edit

apparently until you actually take care of the negative number, it does the same thing for every mission you use that ship for.  I was OK(ish) keeping the profits from the first load, but how do I safely remove money from my total?

Or should I even worry about $165000x2 extra?

I had a problem with this: the Aircar can only store 50 items, which is unreasonably low for a crew of 4. So I removed it in the ruleset, and in doing so I found that the Aircar is the only vessel with an item limit.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 16, 2017, 06:28:41 pm »
I had a problem with this: the Aircar can only store 50 items, which is unreasonably low for a crew of 4. So I removed it in the ruleset, and in doing so I found that the Aircar is the only vessel with an item limit.

Unreasonably low? :)
That's 12 items per soldier... you don't even have that many slots usually.

Original xcom had 80 items for 26 soldiers in the Avenger :P

PS: but I also don't see any reason for these limits... they just get in the way... and openxcom won't run on 4 MB memory anyway, so why bother...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1526 on: April 16, 2017, 07:10:47 pm »
Yes, I'm fairly sure it was just a bug.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 16, 2017, 10:34:36 pm »
Here's a save on the way to the crash.  I tried it three times and it crashed every time, so if you don't get anything then I must have just borked something when I upgraded.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 16, 2017, 11:47:42 pm »
That 50 limit includes the soldiers, who are worth around 5 space each.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 16, 2017, 11:56:57 pm »
That 50 limit includes the soldiers, who are worth around 5 space each.

No, it doesn't (and it never did).
Soldiers don't occupy any space at all; only items do.