Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434031 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1260 on: December 08, 2016, 11:59:33 am »
something unusual. Turn 1 of mansion.

and what exactly is unusual?

Commendation do not seem to count gun melee and delayed deaths properly. Gun melee is treated like DT_NONE, while delayed deaths caused by bleeding and fire are counted as unknown type of damage (and probably unknown weapon too).

Also, the commendations for wound healing do not work; ditto BT_GRENADE, BT_PROXIMITYGRENADE since they do not explode on player's turn (might be caused by changes introduced by OXCE).

ALSO! OXCE introduces owner-less items that can kill (timed explosives on the map, for example). Commendations probably do not know what to do with it. This might be the real cause of the crash.

Can you please re-test all these in OXCE 3.5?
Now we have the latest state and can start fixing what's still missing.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 08, 2016, 05:22:38 pm »
The fact that an enemy is spawned directly adjacent to gal spawn. Not something i have ever encountered.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1262 on: December 08, 2016, 05:50:45 pm »
The fact that an enemy is spawned directly adjacent to gal spawn. Not something i have ever encountered.

They just got out of bed...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 08, 2016, 06:02:19 pm »
Normally: Gal and Penthouse owner do their business, owner gets up and goes somewhere, alarm goes off and gal is in position near the roof.

In this case: Gal and Penthouse owner do their business, owner gets up and... Alarm goes off! Gal punches owner in the face and gal is in position near the roof. :D

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 08, 2016, 07:31:11 pm »
Next:

- The Attack Of Violent Flare Females: Suggest renaming "Attack Of The Violent Flare Females". "eyewitness of" should be "eyewitness to", "were the flares" should be "was the flares", "just like they were having fun" works better as "as if they were having fun". There should be no comma in "pose, suggest".
- #086: "Only Mun Tzu could a tank and 4 girls at the same time." is missing a verb. Suggest "eat".
- #003: "a half" should be simply "half".
- Bossar: "Highly effective" should be "A highly effective", "sustained barrage" should be "a sustained barrage".
- DEFENDER (-): Suggest changing "dead pirate corpse" to "dead pirate's corpse".
- Pectoids: Threat or Hoax?: lots of issues here, did a full edit:
      STR_NEWSPAPER_020_UFOPEDIA: "Horror and panic have gripped the borough of Edinburg, Iron Tribe. The locals are reluctant to leave their homes after dark for fear of so-called 'Pectoids', animalistic creatures resembling Reticulans but possessed of great physical agility and aggression. As the locals have it, they glow in the dark with unholy light and leap to claw and bite their victims to slake their thirst of blood. The Academy has already issued a statement, informing that Pectoid sightings have been reported in various places for decades, and an investigation of every house in Edinburg would be a good idea. The Iron Tribe government, however, stubbornly refuses to give permission to do so. The Courier was able to interrogate a Reticulan who was recently arrested in Edinburg for Immoral Behaviour. 'Man, there are no Pectoids' said Mr. Dunk. 'We were simply so high on Atom Beer that we were glowing. We were unable to walk upright, much less harm anybody. That's all there is to this story.'"

- There does not appear to be a "0-G" filter in the equipment menu, though one can filter on it using quicksearch in the soldier equip screen.
- Canister Launchers, Small Launchers and Stun Bombs (and possibly other items) count as "strange treasure" even after they have been researched. Taking these items on missions and leaving them in the stash will inflate your score after a mission.
- "Data Mining (1 Disk)" should be spelled "Data Mining (1 Disc)" for consistency.
- Disassembly projects are prefixed with alternately "D-A" or "D/A". Suggest making this consistent either way.
- The Electro-Whip description does not mention it does Stun damage instead of health damage (unlike the descriptions for similar stun weaponry).
- The elevator tiles on the Pachyderm map are not considered to be inside the craft. This appears to be a fixable issue, as the elevators in the Deliverator are considered to be inside the craft.
- I found an Alien Base entrance map block where you can walk through a corner without opening either of the doors. This map block appears in FMP as well (with the same issue), so maybe this isn't the place to report it, but I don't know where else to turn.
- #056 claims the reaction check depends on Reactions multiplied by TUs. I'm convinced this is false. I've taken reaction fire from enemies who had lower Reactions AND fewer TUs than my unit (Cyclopses). Also, vanilla X-Com uses a different formula (Reactions * TUs / TUMax).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 08, 2016, 07:49:35 pm »
How/when are you determining enemy reactions and TU? Reaction fire costs TU according to weapon snap fire cost, in addition to TU cost for changing facing to fire. Observing a unit after reaction fire has occurred could lead to false conclusions. 

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 08, 2016, 07:53:10 pm »
I'm using a Mind Probe. The Cyclopses have less than 40 TUs maximum, and about 37 Reactions (this is on Superhuman). My unit that got reactioned had more than each at the time, though she DID spend over half her max TUS while the Cyclopses tend to reserve about 75%.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 08, 2016, 07:54:28 pm »
The formula isn't changed from vanilla.  It's still percent TUs remaining multiplied by reactions to get the reaction check score.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1268 on: December 09, 2016, 05:55:47 pm »
something unusual. Turn 1 of mansion.

Fully intentional but rare to occur.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 09, 2016, 08:45:44 pm »
What I figured but good to check.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1270 on: December 11, 2016, 03:01:41 pm »
Confirming that Gold Drill project is still messed up in 99E.2

"I think STR_FUEGO_HULL should be in produced items and STR_MENACING_HULL in required items, no?"

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1271 on: December 11, 2016, 03:36:45 pm »
Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_USE_DRILL_GOLD
    category: STR_SPECIAL_PROJECT
    requires:
      - STR_TINY_DRILL_INVESTIGATION
    space: 30
    time: 1
    cost: 0
    requiredItems:
      STR_TINY_DRILL: 1
      STR_MENACING_HULL: 1
    producedItems:
      STR_FUEGO_HULL: 1
      STR_CODEX_GOLD: 1
      STR_FLAME_CANNON: 1
      STR_GOLD_BAR: 6
      STR_SPACE_SUIT: 3
      STR_PIRATE_FLAG: 1

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1272 on: December 11, 2016, 04:54:02 pm »
hmm.. maybe I didn't have the latest version.  :-\  thought for sure I did.

Offline LadonLegend

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 11, 2016, 10:33:18 pm »
Plasma Weapons Disassembly article in Bootypedia says "Plasma weapons can be broken into 4 main compontents: ", when it should say 5.

Offline Vesparco

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 12, 2016, 01:35:02 am »
hi there,

After starting a new game and stunning what seems a civilian pilot. the game crashes (the guy near the gal in pirate outfit).

Log and savegame attached.