aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1435095 times)

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1230 on: November 28, 2016, 02:21:57 pm »
AFAIK, there is a seamstresses' guild.

I've set mine up in China.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 28, 2016, 05:12:07 pm »
Undersea adventure, Advanced launcher is valid object. Ammo not so much.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 28, 2016, 05:15:09 pm »
Not standard rockets, but I think one or two of the special rocket loads can be brought underwater.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 28, 2016, 08:24:39 pm »
I'd suggest to sort the knockout grenades somewhere by the other grenades.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 28, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »
Not standard rockets, but I think one or two of the special rocket loads can be brought underwater.
IF that's the case carry on.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Typos
« Reply #1235 on: November 29, 2016, 05:41:38 pm »
-

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 30, 2016, 01:27:44 am »
On space mission Gals can't walk out the back door of the pachyderm

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1237 on: November 30, 2016, 10:16:42 am »
On space mission Gals can't walk out the back door of the pachyderm

It's an engine limitation; that's why all spaceworthy ships have an exit on a higher level.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 30, 2016, 10:52:55 am »
It's an engine limitation; that's why all spaceworthy ships have an exit on a higher level.

What kind of limitation?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 30, 2016, 11:33:35 am »
There is no floor on level 0, so a soldier can't walk on it, but the craft is still there.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 30, 2016, 11:39:55 am »
There is no floor on level 0, so a soldier can't walk on it, but the craft is still there.

Is it possible to add invisible floor?

If not, maybe we can place the craft on level 1 instead (I could add support for that I guess, not sure).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 30, 2016, 11:45:31 am »
Is it possible to add invisible floor?

If not, maybe we can place the craft on level 1 instead (I could add support for that I guess, not sure).

If Dioxine is interested, maybe. I'm not really that familiar with space maps.

EDIT: What certainly has already been requested is some sort of skybox or something with stars in the background!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:09:45 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1242 on: November 30, 2016, 12:15:53 pm »
It's a trick to make the player unable to reach the lowest floor and walk on it, d'oh, you can all laugh now :/
A real upgrade would be a support for some sort of parallax background.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 30, 2016, 01:10:20 pm »
By the way, why does the accuracy of weapons sometimes change from one frame to the next? It's not really a problem for me, I'm just curious.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 01, 2016, 06:34:52 pm »
Stuff.

- Guild Engineering: "Traders'" should be "the Traders'". Suggest rephrasing "knowledge to advance" as "knowledge that will let us advance".
- Join The Gold Rush, Get Rich!: "of human race" should be "of the human race", "in Alpha Centauri system" should be "in the Alpha Centauri system", "is all-time high" should be "is at an all-time high". Suggest replacing "crew" with "serve on". "in Guild Offices" works better as "from the Guild Offices".
- Smooth Captive: "and right amount" should be "and the right amount", "an we can" should be "and we can", "ransom they" should be "ransom them".
- Reapers Attack Again: "Eurasian Autonomy" should be "the Eurasian Autonomy", "a hamlet" should be "the hamlet", "the ban" should be "a ban".
- EuroSyndicate Lasrifle: "from where" should be "from whence".
- Large Barracks: "of Living Quarters" should be "of the Barracks", "contains small storage" should be "contains a small storage". Suggest rephrasing "expensive materials used" as "as the materials used are more expensive".
- Ghoul: "suffer the horrible Necron disease" should be "suffer from the horrible Necron disease", "the surroundings" should be "their surroundings", "falling organs" should be "failing organs", "disease they suffer" should be "disease they suffer from", "during the battle" works better as "during battles", "at a cost" should be "at the cost". Suggest changing "concussion" to "concussive damage" for consistency.
- Regeneration Chamber: Suggest replacing the second hyphen with a comma. "can provide" should be "it can provide".
- Ancient Log RX22-11: "outposts can be built" should be "outposts could be built", "only Marsec will" should be "only Marsec would", "the Marsec" should be simple "Marsec".
- Advanced Firearms: Suggest rephrasing "are known to be underpowered" as "are said to be underpowered".
- Crashed craft briefing: "while you takeoff" should be "when you take off".
- Warehouse Wars briefing: "we can turn" should be "we could turn".

- HAMMERMITE does not have a "class" designation (not that it's unclear what class it is mind you).
- When a craft is destroyed in air combat the message is "IS BLOWN TO PIECES". Maybe add "SHIPPING" there?
- Perhaps the Mining Laser should have a bonus to demolition. It feels underwhelming as both a weapon (it is outperformed by many other close range weapons) and a demolition tool (it is outperformed handily by the Pickaxe).
- The Shrine Ship writeup claims there is always a Reverend on board, but there has not been one in any of the Shrine Ships I've boarded. Also it claims a crew complement of max 16, but on high difficulties the number is in excess of this.
- Some articles, such as Church Warmaiden, Regeneration Chamber and Reaper are written on the explicit premise that the player obtained and researched the item in question, while it is much more likely they got it for free from an interrogation. Not comfortable with this. I think the articles should either be reworded, or not be given for free.
- Upon researching Old Earth Books for the first time, a message appears saying "We can now research Old Earth Books".
- The Canister Launcher is not shown in the Dmg: Chem equipment filter.
- Flintlock Gas Balls can't be used in the Musket. Not sure if this is intentional.

- Found a runabout with a walkable engine (apparently).
- A building that appears on the overpass slum map has a floor tile that extends over the stairs. This is also true for the boarded-up version.