aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434307 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1005 on: September 12, 2016, 09:34:47 am »
listing for number bullets in autofire is listed as: [x(0)] for all autofire items.

Also if the pedia entry for tome of lighting is accurate it does at most 2 base damage per pellet with max possible voodoo mastery on a gal and a 200% dmg roll. Even if the secondary stun effect effect is a massive multiplier IF its derived from normal damage range of 0-2 well.....Even with 80% armor pen feature its appears functionally useless. Which it most certainly is not from my testing.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 12, 2016, 10:13:51 am »
When/if the 'see-through nightly' bug is fixed (reverted), it might be worth it.

Are you referring to any specific commit?
If so, can you link it?

Another one I noticed was the shambler not being a valid melee target in all four spaces it takes up, and even if you can target it at times, it doesn't actually connect when you get a hit sound. Not sure if the last bit is a dodge related thing, though.

I could attack when positioned diagonally only.
But it took 20+ attempts with Tech Blade (with max stats girl) to kill him.
Not sure if that was the intention or not... let's wait what Dioxine says.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:11:01 am by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1007 on: September 12, 2016, 11:50:58 am »
It's a normal 2x2 unit, nothing special about it, at least as far as I know. Copied from XCom-files.

Also if the pedia entry for tome of lighting is accurate it does at most 2 base damage per pellet with max possible voodoo mastery on a gal and a 200% dmg roll. Even if the secondary stun effect effect is a massive multiplier IF its derived from normal damage range of 0-2 well.....Even with 80% armor pen feature its appears functionally useless. Which it most certainly is not from my testing.

max v. mastery (before armor buffs) is 60*40 = 2400, divided by 100 it's 24, so it's not quite useless...

Are you referring to any specific commit?
If so, can you link it?

Of course not, I'm not a programmer who commited his life to OXC. I just recall that the objects used to be non-transparent if they were blocking the whole LoS (like UFO back walls).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:57:45 am by Dioxine »

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 12, 2016, 05:56:42 pm »
The default for "next unit, dont come back" is empty/undefined, not space.
Maybe you changed it by accident.
To change it back, just use right click.

No idea how it was done.  I actually had to look up where to go to fix it :D   

Maybe it was part of a config that got copied over or something...   

But it also appears like I'm not the only one with that - so perhaps there is some merit to the statement :)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 12, 2016, 06:08:46 pm »
Snip
max v. mastery (before armor buffs) is 60*40 = 2400, divided by 100 it's 24, so it's not quite useless...
snip
Ah right multiplicative ooops my bad.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 12, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »
It's a normal 2x2 unit, nothing special about it, at least as far as I know. Copied from XCom-files.

Well, LOFTemps are unusual, changing them to something else used more often in piratez helps.

niculinux

« Reply #1011 on: September 12, 2016, 06:36:02 pm »
In a fresh 0.99C.1 game - at the very beginning - in the black market appears, as for items used for manifacture, only scrap metal, and not also the superconductive wire and chemicals. Is it a bug?

Edit: if not sorry, must take a looooong break from the game...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:04:53 pm by niculinux »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 13, 2016, 04:49:10 pm »
Not sure where to report it, but I got a bad mapblock, poor GO is stuck inside.

Also, it was probably reported already, but some of warehouse map "UFO"eastern walls block the tiles next to them. Which is inconvenient.

Offline H0lyD4wg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 15, 2016, 02:03:37 pm »
Game crashed when I tried to start a pogrom mission. More specifically:
  • pogrom__.sav is a save I made immediately when the pogrom spawned. If you load it and immediately take the Airbus to the pogrom site, the mission starts normally.
  • Rather than send whoever was in the Airbus at the time, I took a few minutes to select and equip my crew and saved the result in pog_ equip.sav . If you load that save and immediately send the Airbus to the pogrom site, the game will crash with signal 11 (I'm playing on Linux). I've attached the relevant openxcom.log .
  • If you load pog_ equip.sav, wait a couple of in-game hours, and then send the Airbus to the pogrom site, the mission will start and the game won't crash.

I have also tried to diff the two save files and see if there are any differences beside the in-game clock and the gals' equipment, but as it turns out openxcom arbitrarily re-orders the contents of save files, and that makes diffs hopelessly noisy.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 15, 2016, 02:20:48 pm »
It fails during map generation, trying to place a frag grenade... probably trying to place it outside of map boundaries.

I'll have a closer look in the evening.

Offline H0lyD4wg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 15, 2016, 02:32:25 pm »
This one is more of a nitpick than an actual bug, but here goes:

When taking the Airbus, the 6th girl in the crew list (that is, the one piloting the craft) is positioned at the front-right corner of the craft, facing the front. This makes sense if you assume that vehicles in this setting (and the Airbus in particular) have their steering wheels on the right.

In the Aircar, on the other hand, gal #4 (the pilot) is in the back of the car, which makes less sense.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 15, 2016, 04:51:41 pm »
Code: [Select]
      - name: AREA51BASE79
        width: 10
        length: 10
        items:
          STR_COLT45:
            - [4, 1, 0]
          STR_COLT45_CLIP:
            - [4, 1, 0]
            - [4, 1, 0]
          STR_GRENADE_FRAG:
            - [2, 14, 1]

Map block size is only 10x10, but frag grenade is on position [2, 14, 1]... in case when this block is on the edges of the map, it will crash, because it will be outside of map borders.

In this case:
- map size(60, 60, 10)
- position(2, 14, 1) + offset(10, 50, 0) = position(12, 64, 1)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:17:44 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 15, 2016, 07:02:53 pm »
A couple more blocked tiles.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 15, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
this is standard map, I find exactly same bugged tiles when I was testing TFTD

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1019 on: September 15, 2016, 08:54:33 pm »
This one is more of a nitpick than an actual bug, but here goes:

When taking the Airbus, the 6th girl in the crew list (that is, the one piloting the craft) is positioned at the front-right corner of the craft, facing the front. This makes sense if you assume that vehicles in this setting (and the Airbus in particular) have their steering wheels on the right.

In the Aircar, on the other hand, gal #4 (the pilot) is in the back of the car, which makes less sense.

Changed this to conform to the pattern, but pilots can be chosen freely anyway, so does it even makes sense to bother?