Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433815 times)

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #990 on: September 08, 2016, 04:26:30 pm »
STR_CAT_PAWS_UFOPEDIA ... "...Skill: Skill: MELEE/2..."

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #991 on: September 08, 2016, 05:03:41 pm »
MapBlock on position [x=5,y=1] (Sickbay) is NULL.
I guess Dioxine needs to test if it works as it should.
Map "XBR_66" probably doesn't exist.

It does, just forgot to declare it in ruleset... Whoops.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #992 on: September 08, 2016, 08:13:51 pm »
It crashes when determining town to terrorize.
Details in attachment.
I don't know exactly what needs to be fixed... if ruleset or code... I don't understand this alienMission->region->missionZones[objective]->areas[missionZoneSite] concept very well. But I'd guess it's the ruleset that's missing something (or your save got messed up).

I got a spartan terror mission aiming missionSiteZone 5. So this is the problem. Editing this removes the crash.
Code: [Select]
  - spawnCountdown: 2340
    uniqueID: 72
    liveUfos: 0
    type: STR_ALIEN_TERROR
    region: STR_SOUTHERN_AFRICA
    nextWave: 4
    race: STR_SPARTANS
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    missionSiteZone: 5

So, if cities has changed, this is only a save issue. Either way, the campaign can continue, thank you.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #993 on: September 08, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »
These mission are always aimed at Zone 3; I have no idea why and how a mission aimed at Zone 5 was generated.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 08, 2016, 11:20:41 pm »
These mission are always aimed at Zone 3; I have no idea why and how a mission aimed at Zone 5 was generated.

It's just very poor naming in the code... and very confusing too.

They are always in the zone with index 3 (resp. objective=3). As you can see variable objective is used for indexing missionZones array.
But there is also a variable called missionZoneSite.... which is the worst name ever... indexing the areas array... and that one is 5.
I don't even know what it means exactly, I just know that the name is confusing as hell.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:34:00 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 08, 2016, 11:30:55 pm »
Speaking about confusing things... I now have almost all enemy vessels researched, missing one or two only.
But the pilots I have in prison are gladly telling me about the same craft again... so far 6 pilots interrogated and they all told me about craft I already knew about.

This is ridiculously irritating and confusing.
I guess a cleanup of SHIPNAME vs SHIPNAME_DOCUMENTATION is necessary.
Telling me about the same ship twice is really unpleasant... and even more unpleasant is that having SHIPNAME_DOCUMENTATION doesn't unlock other technologies, which are unlocked by SHIPNAME for example... so I am forced to research the same ship twice. Grrrrr.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #996 on: September 09, 2016, 12:52:02 am »
It has been cleaned up - maybe some odd bugs and omisions still linger, but it has been cleaned up a long, long time ago. You can check this yourself. However I've noticed people giving stuff I already know about as well, not only ships.

EDIT: the only error I found was on Govt Elite, who was giving STR_FIGHTER instead of STR_FIGHTER_BLUEPRINT.

I think it's the code what needs to be scrutinized.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:59:57 am by Dioxine »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 10, 2016, 01:49:37 pm »
It has been cleaned up - maybe some odd bugs and omisions still linger, but it has been cleaned up a long, long time ago. You can check this yourself. However I've noticed people giving stuff I already know about as well, not only ships.

EDIT: the only error I found was on Govt Elite, who was giving STR_FIGHTER instead of STR_FIGHTER_BLUEPRINT. I think it's the code what needs to be scrutinized.

It looks OK in the ruleset, I must have researched them when they were still messed up... I'll add the missing stuff into my save manually.
Code is OK too btw.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 11, 2016, 08:00:34 am »
On a pogrom, my last gal fainted, gave me the victory message when someone was wounded, I think the last enemy collapsed too, though I didn't see it.  still an abysmal failure.  I think I can figure out how to put a recent save up.

Also, looked through the full bootypedia, and ghost armor and the magical bullets research that I mentioned last time both went past where you could read them.

Finally, I believe space is default for next unit don't come back to this one, so maybe assisted vision should go elsewhere or the default should be changed.

Edit

Turned out the autosave was right when the last gal fainted.

I believe what I've put here is the autosave?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 08:03:31 am by khade »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 11, 2016, 09:52:19 am »
On a pogrom, my last gal fainted, gave me the victory message when someone was wounded, I think the last enemy collapsed too, though I didn't see it.  still an abysmal failure.  I think I can figure out how to put a recent save up.

Finally, I believe space is default for next unit don't come back to this one, so maybe assisted vision should go elsewhere or the default should be changed.

Thanks, fixed.

PS: space key is not a default for 'Next unit'. default is tab key.

Offline Asheram

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 11, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but some walls of the Warehouse Wars (Can't remember their actual name) structures are thicker than they should be.
Some of the walls, (like the east of the major building) can be pressed up against, while the east of the smaller buildings (just below the large one) force you to stay a square away from them.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:48:25 pm by Asheram »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1001 on: September 11, 2016, 03:08:04 pm »
It's a normal X-com 'feature'. Fixing it requires writing a manual-override MCD patch, which frankly doesn't seem exciting enough for me, at least these walls aren't see-through thanks to this. When/if the 'see-through nightly' bug is fixed (reverted), it might be worth it.

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 12, 2016, 03:40:55 am »
Thanks, fixed.

PS: space key is not a default for 'Next unit'. default is tab key.

Well, I've never changed any key binds, so I assume that "Space" was a Default in-use Key...

Tab is next Unit

Space is "Next Unit, Don't Come back To this one."

Took me a few hits to see what was going on, before I hit my own config page to check.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 12, 2016, 04:52:24 am »
Another one I noticed was the shambler not being a valid melee target in all four spaces it takes up, and even if you can target it at times, it doesn't actually connect when you get a hit sound. Not sure if the last bit is a dodge related thing, though.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 12, 2016, 09:24:05 am »
Well, I've never changed any key binds, so I assume that "Space" was a Default in-use Key...

Tab is next Unit

Space is "Next Unit, Don't Come back To this one."

Took me a few hits to see what was going on, before I hit my own config page to check.

The default for "next unit, dont come back" is empty/undefined, not space.
Maybe you changed it by accident.
To change it back, just use right click.