Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433781 times)

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #930 on: August 17, 2016, 10:46:49 pm »
Lucky Star cannot be researched, because it depends on the research STR_SOUL_GEM, which doesn't exist, instead of STR_MAGICAL_GIRL_CORPSE, that gives Soul Gem Bootypedia entry.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #931 on: August 17, 2016, 11:32:30 pm »
Regarding the corpse:
Can't it be just an item that looks like a corpse? What would be the problem with that?

Also, Meridian to me is now a mystic. You know, explaining the secrets of life and death, and everything in between. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #932 on: August 18, 2016, 01:06:52 pm »
Lucky Star cannot be researched, because it depends on the research STR_SOUL_GEM, which doesn't exist, instead of STR_MAGICAL_GIRL_CORPSE, that gives Soul Gem Bootypedia entry.

A typo. Fixed. Thanks.

A BattleUnit simply is a mandatory attribute of any BattleItem of BT_CORPSE type. That's how the game was designed. It's not a flaw nor a limitation. There are plenty other categories you can use to spawn the loot... why not just spawning celatid essence is this particular case?

Because it cannot be researched like a corpse would? But yeah, if it's designed in such a way that trying to overcome such limitation would leads to insanity, let's drop it. All I was saying is that, to me, it seems as unnatural as 'no melee weapons allowed on Fridays', for example, would.

Wrong sex, or there are men masqueraded as women?
1) STR_HUMAN_FEMALE_4: "Tough Girl" - displays STR_HAS_PANICKED_MALE
2) members of Escaped Lunatics - starting Hands - displays STR_HAS_BECOME_UNCONSCIOUS_MALE and STR_HAS_BEEN_KILLED_MALE
3) recruited Hand - she is female - displays correct STR_HAS_BECOME_UNCONSCIOUS_FEMALE and STR_HAS_BEEN_KILLED_FEMALE

Soldiers are hardcoded to have 2 genders (although can be made all male if one wishes); gender defines things like sprite, sounds, names etc.. So, short-haired pirates use the 'male' definition, while the long-haired ones use the 'female' definition.
All enemies are male by default, this can be played with and tuned, but it'd require a lot of boring code, and for what reason?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 18, 2016, 01:21:00 pm »
...this can be played with and tuned, but it'd require a lot of boring code, and for what reason?

The only reason being translation of course.
I agree it's not worth it... until you get paid for it :)

@Bartojan: maybe just translate "has been killed" into "byl(a) zabit(a)" to cover both genders.

Btw. numbers are even trickier. For example, when I add new strings, I try adding them in form like "Pilots required : 4" instead of "This craft requires 4 pilots."

Already in English, you have a distinction between 1 and many "1 pilot" vs. "2 pilots", but in other languages you can have more, e.g. in Slovak/Czech there are three forms (one, few and many) "1 pilot" vs. "2/3/4 piloti" vs. "5/6/7 pilotov".

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #934 on: August 18, 2016, 01:24:44 pm »
Yes. Like yourself, I tend to use ambiguos terms in such situations. Like, not spanikowaƂ / spanikowaƂa, but panikuje (for example).

niculinux

« Reply #935 on: August 19, 2016, 12:10:24 am »
[continues]..and it (0.99B) plays very well!
Some weirdos behavior:

1) as soon i researched "contract: merchants" it displayed the oxygen tank instead of the ususla bootypedia report

2) As soo i researched "money purse" i got into manufature screen and it disappeare. reloading a save game and all went normal

3) Description between adventured and scout armor are switchd/nt updated?

4) A crash related to some files and a map script not found. Log lines are:

Code: [Select]
[18-08-2016 22:15:17] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_38M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:15:19] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_481M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:15:19] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_38M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:15:21] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_481M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:21:51] [ERROR] Map Script not found

Stuff is attached. See on the next version, eventually..

Edit: a couple of time had the win 10 blue screen of death, regarding an errer SERVICE SYSTEM ERROR that equired the OS to reboot (!!)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:14:52 am by niculinux »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #936 on: August 19, 2016, 01:33:05 am »
A couple small typos in the 'pedia entry for Magical Girl.

Line 1562 Piratez_lang.rul
These barely-adult girls have exactly that kind of immoral innocence about them that makes most males weak-kneed. They're also agrressively nice, playful and adaptative (see how she dresses after a few days here). What's perplexing though, they have no recollection of their identity or origin, or even the Well-wisher (whom they call the Goddess of Love, or of Cake), other than they found themselves aboard the ship with a deeply engraved mission of 'spreading love'. They also possess bits and pieces of strange knowledge and/or previous encounters.
Should be aggressively instead of agrressively and adaptive instead of adaptative.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 19, 2016, 06:50:34 am »
The Mercenary Suit doesn't show at least one line of text at the bottom, I've tried several resolutions.  One, showed the very tops of the letters, can't remember which though.  Last bit I can see is: Mercs are quite...

There might be others that have this, and maybe there's a way to scroll down that I'm not finding.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #938 on: August 19, 2016, 09:05:00 am »
1) as soon i researched "contract: merchants" it displayed the oxygen tank instead of the ususla bootypedia report

2) As soo i researched "money purse" i got into manufature screen and it disappeare. reloading a save game and all went normal

3) Description between adventured and scout armor are switchd/nt updated?

4) A crash related to some files and a map script not found. Log lines are:

[18-08-2016 22:15:17] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_38M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:15:19] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_481M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:15:19] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_38M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:15:21] [INFO] requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_481M0.SPK
[18-08-2016 22:21:51] [ERROR] Map Script not found

Stuff is attached. See on the next version, eventually..

1. Fixed, thanx
2. I don't understand what you say
3. Simply not true
4. Need a save, but it looks like wrong installation on your part.

The Mercenary Suit doesn't show at least one line of text at the bottom, I've tried several resolutions.  One, showed the very tops of the letters, can't remember which though.  Last bit I can see is: Mercs are quite...

There might be others that have this, and maybe there's a way to scroll down that I'm not finding.

No scrolling possible, the amount of text in an article is limited hard. I'll cut something out. The missing part is "...hard to hit"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:07:02 am by Dioxine »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 19, 2016, 10:16:00 am »
Saw the same with the Reticulan Elder.  Maybe the text can be made a little smaller or something? seems a shame to lose any of the lore :)

niculinux

« Reply #940 on: August 19, 2016, 11:39:50 am »
Regardin the money purse, once i researched it, after the bootypedia screen game came up the usual "We can now produce money purse", entered the manufacture sceen, i started snd stopped (accidentally) the production, and all of a sudden the line related to the production of thr money purse disappeared. I loaded and then completed the prodution, entered again in the manf. screen and everything was normal.

Maybe was an occasional occurrence, hapoened only once :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #941 on: August 19, 2016, 12:20:37 pm »
That was it. If you start production, leave the window, then go back and stop it, you lose the resources (they are destroyed in the moment production oficially starts).

Saw the same with the Reticulan Elder.  Maybe the text can be made a little smaller or something? seems a shame to lose any of the lore :)

No, it can't be made any smaller. Any article I write requires firing up the game and checking if it fits and editing. If new info is added, or typos edited, sometimes I don't have the patience to check the goddamned entry again...

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #942 on: August 20, 2016, 02:01:19 am »
A few typos I'm catching as I'm updating the wiki:

Line 3338 (Piratez_lang.rul)
"surving" should be "surviving"
Line 3353
For Night Ops, states "it is visible to enemies from 10 tiles less than normal." whereas the ruleset (line 23361) gives "       activeCamouflage: -5"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:10:54 am by ivandogovich »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 21, 2016, 11:02:43 am »
      STR_MISSIONS: "MISSIONS"

should be replaced by:

STR_MISSIONS: "MISSIONS> {ALT}{0}"

otherwise mission count is not displayed in Soldier Info and in Soldier Diary

niculinux

« Reply #944 on: August 25, 2016, 01:39:58 am »
Another point i missed to report verbally here (screenshots attached), adventurer armor has same description of nude/tribal one; scout armor description reads it has increased capacity of +3 over the adventurer, overall 16/25, but the last mentioned gas 22/25, so it's more than the scout actually.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:42:51 am by niculinux »