aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433886 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #915 on: August 17, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »
Curious.  I've played three gifts of love missions, stunning twice and killing once to get the soul gem to see if that unlocked anything for me.  No crashes.

are you using any mods, beyond Piratez>?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 17, 2016, 08:27:17 pm »
It's not the nice dead or alive enemies. It's the ugly spawned corpses which were never alive. There's a chance of them spawning as loot. You were lucky they didnt spawn for you.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #917 on: August 17, 2016, 08:30:31 pm »
It's not the nice dead or alive enemies. It's the ugly spawned corpses which were never alive. There's a chance of them spawning as loot. You were lucky they didnt spawn for you.

ahh... gotcha.  O I remember deleting those lines from the ruletset due to any earlier post.  My forgetter is working overtime.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #918 on: August 17, 2016, 08:37:40 pm »
Maps with lakes need some double check too because minutes ago i watched one of my opponents walking on the waters, while player can't. Maybe it's an occasional/rare bug :(

Any proof? Pictures? Saves?

niculinux

« Reply #919 on: August 17, 2016, 08:40:14 pm »
Any proof? Pictures? Saves?

Nope at the moment, i'll try tro provide some, if happens again, hopefully before next version is relased

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #920 on: August 17, 2016, 08:44:32 pm »
Probably a Raider Buzzard doing a Messianic Impression.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #921 on: August 17, 2016, 08:44:52 pm »
It's the ugly spawned corpses which were never alive.

It's the ugly spawned corpses which were never alive.

This sentence, sir, is beyond spooky.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #922 on: August 17, 2016, 08:45:15 pm »
Yeah I'm 99.9% sure it was simply a flying enemy.

Also inability to spawn dead bodies is sure a silly and useless limitation. Naturally they were alive, only not during the mission.

niculinux

« Reply #923 on: August 17, 2016, 08:53:00 pm »

Actually i was gtound attacking a rebel ship (not sure if a freighter) i killed one opponent and once i switch to inventory view as i was standing over its dead body, hovering the mouse  over game gives the description "Raider Buzzard". Probably happens only with certain enemies?

Ah, some time ago i was trying to pre-prime grenades in the inventory screen, no problem in windows, but in linux (both in ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04) i was not able to do so. Maybe it's a problem related with linux, don't know.

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 17, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »
So there you go.

Raider Buzzards, Star Gods, Mercenary Commandos....  All have the Ability to Fly and Hover...

So they can "Land" and "walk" on Water, because they're actually Flying.  They have 0 shits to give.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #925 on: August 17, 2016, 09:07:24 pm »
i killed one opponent and once i switch to inventory view as i was standing over its dead body, hovering the mouse  over game gives the description "Raider Buzzard". Probably happens only with certain enemies?

Bro, you deserve a book of your quotes. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #926 on: August 17, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »

+100 clairvoyance powers :)

niculinux

« Reply #927 on: August 17, 2016, 09:13:45 pm »
So there you go.

Raider Buzzards, Star Gods, Mercenary Commandos....  All have the Ability to Fly and Hover...

So they can "Land" and "walk" on Water, because they're actually Flying.  They have 0 shits to give.

Uh i did mot know that, not discovered yet. I thought it was a bug because i expected the game used the same animation in the vanilla game like happens for the wearers of a fyng suit, not a pair of legs movin'....

@Solarius thanks, also for the huge patience!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 17, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »
Also inability to spawn dead bodies is sure a silly and useless limitation. Naturally they were alive, only not during the mission.

Why is everything that doesn't work as you think a limitation?
I think it's perfectly OK.

There are literally dozens of places and proper necessary intended features, which will crash, if a corpse will not have a unit from which it originated. And mods need that too... how do you think Ivan's alt-corpses mod works? It looks at the corpse and checks if the corresponding unit is alive or dead... then does what it does. If it doesn't find a unit, it crashes.

I could fix most of the places and just ignore the "incomplete" corpses... but such things create a real mess in a relative order. Not to mention some/many features would force me to decide whether it's dead or alive even though I don't have enough (i.e. any at all) information to decide that; and I will just pick one state (probably dead).

If that isn't enough, the unit corresponding to a corpse doesn't only have a status dead or alive, it has around 40 other properties... I bet that at least 10 of them will also be used or checked somewhere... and we have the same issue again... who am I to decide whether that corpse is friendly/enemy/neutral... who am I to decide whether it's relevant for commendations or not... etc.

A BattleUnit simply is a mandatory attribute of any BattleItem of BT_CORPSE type. That's how the game was designed. It's not a flaw nor a limitation. There are plenty other categories you can use to spawn the loot... why not just spawning celatid essence is this particular case?

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 17, 2016, 10:13:57 pm »
Wrong sex, or there are men masqueraded as women?
1) STR_HUMAN_FEMALE_4: "Tough Girl" - displays STR_HAS_PANICKED_MALE
2) members of Escaped Lunatics - starting Hands - displays STR_HAS_BECOME_UNCONSCIOUS_MALE and STR_HAS_BEEN_KILLED_MALE
3) recruited Hand - she is female - displays correct STR_HAS_BECOME_UNCONSCIOUS_FEMALE and STR_HAS_BEEN_KILLED_FEMALE