aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1435063 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #885 on: August 10, 2016, 08:51:09 pm »
I can stop that I'm work right now and look on AI, but save would be helpful.

niculinux

« Reply #886 on: August 10, 2016, 09:05:02 pm »
Always in 0.99.1A, seems i cannot sell scout and adventurer armor. Moreover, i think there are some mismatches in the research tree, for instances the tipic duratehead gives duratehead armor, but in thr bootypedia gives also "trader's stuff. Don't whether it is normal.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 10, 2016, 09:27:43 pm »
Scout and adventurer outfits are collectively under the category of cool clothes.  Durathread is traders stuff, it's the stuff you get from robbing a trader, and I think killing them gives it too, but my brain isn't actually working right now, so I can't be sure.

niculinux

« Reply #888 on: August 10, 2016, 09:38:27 pm »
Scout and adventurer outfits are collectively under the category of cool clothes.  Durathread is traders stuff, it's the stuff you get from robbing a trader, and I think killing them gives it too, but my brain isn't actually working right now, so I can't be sure.

Thanks anyways :) i think these should be put into separate categories, also i wish cool clothes will eventually get a dedicated item such as scrap metal, as the only thing  these are of  use inthe game is to manufacture pirates clothing.

As for the bootypedia same happens with personal database, which gives humas stuff (or something) don't know if the names here and here should match, maybe it'a thin of the older version, where these actually were paired

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 10, 2016, 10:00:28 pm »
If you have no cool clothes, you can't wear scout or adventurer outfits, and there is at least one other outfit that needs them as a base.

Also, you never know what will end up being useful later on or what is actually vendor trash.  Or what is worth selling now because you can get it easily and cheaply when you need it, like Soylent.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #890 on: August 10, 2016, 11:28:58 pm »
As for the bootypedia same happens with personal database, which gives humas stuff (or something) don't know if the names here and here should match, maybe it'a thin of the older version, where these actually were paired

These topics are working as designed. :)  Just consider the "stuff" articles as the a more general article on the things related to individual factions.  Then the items that they drop when they are killed are useful in manufacturing so they have their own articles, ala Durathread, etc.   

No need to change anything. :)

niculinux

« Reply #891 on: August 11, 2016, 12:00:05 am »
Ok thanks! Overall, the only real annoiance with o.99.1A is - under win 10 - the . exe that keesp crashin must try linux binaries by Stoddart asap!! :)

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2016, 12:28:17 am »
Hello everyone:

I do not know if already reviewed, or perhaps an erroneous my appreciation, but I think there is a fault with units terror, equipped with melee attacks, for example, scorpions, as they do not attack themselves.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 11, 2016, 12:44:12 am »
Maybe something bugged with builtinweapons? AI tanks got messed up (no turrets shown), so maybe the others didn't get their weapons? Or didn't realize that they have them?

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 11, 2016, 12:55:55 am »
I have tried, with guns long distance, in one of my mods, as builtweapons, and the unit attacks, but when I put a melee weapon, the unit of terror seems to ignore civilians or soldiers of XCOM. It may be due to the executable, I do not know, nor give one hundred percent as safe.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 11, 2016, 12:57:52 am »
Apparently it's melee in general, and there are people looking into it.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon, because hunting poisonous arthropods needs to be scary :)

They'll attack, but I've only seen reaction attacks recently.

Oh, and pansy chrysalids isn't much fun either.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2016, 01:29:32 am »
The Chryssalids are fucking hilarious now; they're basically a squeamish Dr. Zoidberg. I almost feel bad murdering them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:47:53 am by Surrealistik »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2016, 10:32:49 am »
I can stop that I'm work right now and look on AI, but save would be helpful.

Save 1 (peaceful megascorpions): one soldier in the middle of a colony of megascorpion pacifists
Save 2 (peaceful shock troopers): 1 on 1, gal vs. walking grim reaper, which is actually not so deadly :)
Save 3 (debug melee AI): same as Save 2, but also all civilians are dead... whole map has just 1 shock trooper and 1 gal... for easier debugging

(X-PirateZ 0.99a.1 with no mods and latest OXCE+)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:39:58 am by Meridian »

niculinux

« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2016, 02:01:20 pm »
Always in 0.99.1A the floorob of the armored, stunned and bleeding G.O. has a messed up palette, ry i have only a screenshot, had also a saved game but i accidentally delete it  :'(

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 11, 2016, 02:14:46 pm »
Always in 0.99.1A the floorob of the armored, stunned and bleeding G.O. has a messed up palette, ry i have only a screenshot, had also a saved game but i accidentally delete it  :'(

already reported and solved, see previous posts