Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433658 times)

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #675 on: July 14, 2016, 05:02:12 am »
I also experienced both bugs.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #676 on: July 14, 2016, 08:59:29 am »
CTD at base defense.

Try deleting MEGASCOPRION_WEAPON, it does crash the defense since it's a bugged item (fixed in 0.99A). Also I don't reccomend soldier diaries before 0.99A, i.e. before I unfuck enemies ranks/races etc. so all is displayed properly. Else you will have factions like 'dogs' or 'zombies' in diaries forever :P

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 14, 2016, 11:49:50 am »
Recently Reinstalled everything for 0.99, and then put everything up for OXCE 3.1 (inc. Datafiles)
1) If I play Custom Base "ON" - then when placing said initial base, it doesn't 'limit' or 'finish' the selections...  I filled the entire base section with Corridors as the option to place them never 'turned off', and is the same for all of them
(Of course, I just turned Custom base 'OFF' and continued playing)

This is caused by OXCE 3.1
(came in with the feature that base facilities can forbid other base facilities)

I'll wait for Yankes to fix this and then cherry-pick.

2) Seem to have a hiccup in the Inventory Screen...  The "Save Inventory" and "Paste Inventory" seems to only save the guns in hands, and doesn't seem to be working for any equipment in belts for me....
Of course, I will state that its entirely possible that I screwed up somewhere, but things are at least otehrwise playable.

This came from merging OXCE 3.0.

@Yankes:
You have cherry-picked this commit: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/0f46b760917e86af43a35bc81433f5437f9105b9
But there was a bug in there, which I fixed the next day: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/af241b567a1451130b19bfe0176e2703259d72b0

I will fix the merge issue in my fork, but you should cherry-pick the original fix to your fork too.

Try deleting MEGASCOPRION_WEAPON, it does crash the defense since it's a bugged item (fixed in 0.99A). Also I don't reccomend soldier diaries before 0.99A, i.e. before I unfuck enemies ranks/races etc. so all is displayed properly. Else you will have factions like 'dogs' or 'zombies' in diaries forever :P

Moving the scorpion sting to another base has helped.
I am aware of the issues with Commendations, after upgrade to 0.99A, I will reset the diaries completely. For now, it's quite fun seeing soldiers, medics and civilians instead of scouts, thugs and buzzards :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:52:09 am by Meridian »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #678 on: July 14, 2016, 12:59:23 pm »
Okay, if you don't mind seeing it in this sorry state, it's all fine :)

Oh and there's another issue that just came to my mind - changing, or even trying to change the armor in the Inventory screen drops most carried stuff to the ground, even if there's place for that stuff in the new armor. The stuff used to be kept on soldier's person unless the tiles became blocked, which was much more comfortable... could it be fixed? Or is it a tradeoff for unbugging the inventory?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 14, 2016, 01:39:47 pm »
Oh and there's another issue that just came to my mind - changing, or even trying to change the armor in the Inventory screen drops most carried stuff to the ground, even if there's place for that stuff in the new armor. The stuff used to be kept on soldier's person unless the tiles became blocked, which was much more comfortable... could it be fixed? Or is it a tradeoff for unbugging the inventory?

That's the same issue as #2 above.
(New version will be released in the evening.)

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 14, 2016, 05:01:08 pm »
I'm all good then!

As long as I wasn't going insane!  :D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #681 on: July 15, 2016, 02:18:21 pm »
Hm... just got a CTD with the latest build (2016-07-14). 
I just started a Dark Ones mission, took a few steps up the bonny, spotted 3 enemies.  Used the number keys to start cycling through them.  When I hit "3" I got the CTD.

Edit: also crashes on the 07-08 build.  Looks like it crashes when it tries to render one of the flying 2x2 units.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:27:27 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #682 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:45 pm »
Problem's been detected, but so far elusive. This save should help to pinpoint the cause. Thanks a lot.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #683 on: July 15, 2016, 03:16:40 pm »
This looks like something beyond my powers. The game has issues with displaying a Cacodemon hanging over the mansion. This seems to be caused by upgrading to 3.1, since this issue is new - probably caused by some incompatibility incurred by newer Nightlies, or changes within Yankes' branch. We need to ask Yankes or Meridian for help :)

Code: [Select]
  - type: DOOM_ARMOR_7
    spriteSheet: DEM_7.PCK
    spriteInv: MAN_63
    corpseBattle:
      - DOOM_CACODEMON_CORPSE_1
      - DOOM_CACODEMON_CORPSE_2
      - DOOM_CACODEMON_CORPSE_3
      - DOOM_CACODEMON_CORPSE_4
    corpseGeo: STR_DOOM_CACODEMON_CORPSE
    visibilityAtDark: 30
    frontArmor: 6
    sideArmor: 6
    rearArmor: 6
    underArmor: 6
    drawingRoutine: 3
    movementType: 1
    bleedImmune: true
    size: 2
    recovery:
      morale:
        moraleCurrent: -0.2
        bravery: 0.2
    damageModifier:
    loftempsSet: [ 92, 89, 90, 91 ]

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 15, 2016, 04:56:08 pm »
This looks like something beyond my powers. The game has issues with displaying a Cacodemon hanging over the mansion. This seems to be caused by upgrading to 3.1, since this issue is new - probably caused by some incompatibility incurred by newer Nightlies, or changes within Yankes' branch. We need to ask Yankes or Meridian for help :)

I can tell you where it crashes (or better said where it suicides). See attached.

The issue looks OXCE-related (or at least that suicide code was added by Yankes)... so I'll leave it up to him to fix it.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 15, 2016, 05:22:53 pm »
I can tell you where it crashes (or better said where it suicides). See attached.

The issue looks OXCE-related (or at least that suicide code was added by Yankes)... so I'll leave it up to him to fix it.
Problem is in this `-8`, it should not be negative. I will fix it soon.

[ps]
I forget that I add some functionality that deliberately use invalid surfaces as placeholders for  modders.
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/63c280f2b546b9f2b3f6c5839d05f49df0e39b03
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:44:02 pm by Yankes »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 15, 2016, 05:46:52 pm »
Oh, and one more, before I forget.
I played a hideout defense yesterday and the enemies didn't scream when I killed them.
Also my gals started freaking out even though I have been killing 2-4 baddies per turn... as if the kills didn't count.

I'll probably edit this post later, once I re-watch the video and confirm... did anyone else observe anything similar?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #687 on: July 15, 2016, 06:21:20 pm »
Yeah I noticed that it affects enemies that got ashed - they don't scream (which they really shouldn't - I wouldn't say no to adding a handle for adding an ashing sound, maybe ashed corpse?), not sure about scoring/morale (such kills should work normally). Non-ashing kills seem to work fine.

So about the Cacodemon issue - we wait for a fix, right?

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 15, 2016, 06:36:34 pm »
Yeah I noticed that it affects enemies that got ashed - they don't scream (which they really shouldn't - I wouldn't say no to adding a handle for adding an ashing sound, maybe ashed corpse?), not sure about scoring/morale (such kills should work normally). Non-ashing kills seem to work fine.

So about the Cacodemon issue - we wait for a fix, right?
I already fix it, I link bug fix commit that Meridian can use now.

And for kills, I probably pull new code from master is is incompatible with people who get ashed. I will try fix it too.

[ps]

Custom sound/corpses are interesting idea, but I would think further, why not add different ways of gibing up enemies?

[ps2]
fix for overkill damage:
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/020e3a9813fccf75b00d4dbddd6989e5c6184127
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:12:52 pm by Yankes »

Offline UnholyAngel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 17, 2016, 12:24:07 am »
The Shoulder Launcher doesn't train firing, while that might be intentional, it is inconsistent with other launchers with arching shot (e.g. the mortar).