Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433719 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #555 on: May 09, 2016, 02:31:55 am »
Per a discussion last week, Dioxine, here is the save where I have a boarding torpedo inbound on a base with two flak batteries.  I have see one hit and the other miss, then the defense mission starts.  You stated that the flak should have stopped the assault successfully.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 09, 2016, 03:43:37 pm »
STR_AGL_UFOPEDIA ... missing bracket "NEWLINE}"

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #557 on: May 09, 2016, 04:10:00 pm »
Per a discussion last week, Dioxine, here is the save where I have a boarding torpedo inbound on a base with two flak batteries.  I have see one hit and the other miss, then the defense mission starts.  You stated that the flak should have stopped the assault successfully.

Well, it seems that the damage is random, which is something I didn't know :) The Flak Cannon seems to be able to one-hit the Boarding Torpedo - usually, but certainly not always.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 09, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »
Well, it seems that the damage is random, which is something I didn't know :) The Flak Cannon seems to be able to one-hit the Boarding Torpedo - usually, but certainly not always.

Yes, this was changed when I first joined the project 2 years ago :)
My first bug report and my first PR: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2796.0.html

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 10, 2016, 03:09:31 am »
Have you run into bugs where Hands are stuck between being conscious and fainting? where if you try to move them the game crashes?

Might have another where following shipping could randomly make the game crash, but my save there isn't as reliable.

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 13, 2016, 12:24:28 am »
Enemies can spawn in an inaccessible area on this map. It is also theoretically possible for them to walk to a position where you can't shoot them without removing the brushes.
Low impact but annoying nonetheless.
Save attached with the corpse in a place I can't walk to.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 13, 2016, 11:59:56 pm »
STR_FIRE_EXT_UFOPEDIA ... missing bracket NEWLINE}

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 14, 2016, 01:19:13 am »
20 TUs is not enough to reload a grenade launcher with a grenade off soldiers shoulder slot but is enough to take the cartridge to my left hand and then reload the weapon.
All for the same 20 TUs. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #563 on: May 14, 2016, 01:26:15 am »
I think he means the 'r' button. Well yes, it does sometimes not work when you have exactly the amount of TU needed to reload and the ammo isn't in hand. If you have 1 or more TUs spare, it always works.

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 14, 2016, 01:33:39 am »
Er I didn't know there was an "R" button. I always just used the inventory screen for reloading.
Also it takes 19 TUs total to do it in the inventory.

Doesn't work:
Pick the grenade from the shoulder slot, click on the weapon. (20 TUs left)

Works:
Pick the grenade from the shoulder slot, click on the left hand, click on the grenade in the left hand, click on the weapon. (1 TU left)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 14, 2016, 01:53:02 am »
When reloading in OXCE you pay:
- price to put ammo in hand (notice I don't say which hand)
- plus price defined on the weapon to reload

I guess in your case you are using one hand and OXCE is testing a different hand (and there's a difference in TUs depending on which hand you use when taking stuff from the shoulder).
If I remember correctly, the difference is 2 TUs (4 vs 6)... so to correct Dioxine's statement, if you have 2 TUs spare, it should work. You had only 1 TU spare.

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 14, 2016, 03:52:53 am »
Oh. It also consumes 21 TUs for this action if I don't do it manually.
Game is cheating me out of my time units!
I guess it's been doing that the whole time?

WTF
19 TUs to Right Shoulder > Left hand > Right hand weapon
21 TUs to Right Shoulder > Right hand weapon
21 TUs to Right Leg > Right hand weapon
23 TUs to Right Leg > Left hand > Right hand weapon

So depending on what inventory slot you use the game either gifts you 2 TUs when you reload or takes 2 TUs away from you..
Well it applies to the inventory slots that differentiate between which hand the item ends up at. So if you keep your ammo in shoulder and leg pouches.

When reloading in OXCE you pay:
- price to put ammo in hand (notice I don't say which hand)
- plus price defined on the weapon to reload

This needs to be changed to:
-price to put ammo to "the hand not holding this weapon"
-plus price of reloading the weapon
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:00:18 am by a0kribu »

Offline Mattdo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am »
Here's a save file with my bug where there are frequent Sway Local Government missions to Australasia, and very few anywhere else. At the point where I saved, there are around eight ships trying to sway Death Realms simultaneously, which has long since gone zero tolerance.
Game was started in 0.98B I believe but is now running in 0.98F. I use the 'smaller mansions' mod.

Offline Mattdo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 14, 2016, 10:31:23 am »
This is a save file to demonstrate that even if you finish a mission with mind-controlled Armored Beastmasters, they still appear as regular Beastmasters in your inventory. Same game as the previous save file. There are two mind-controlled Armored Beastmasters, so just ghost-dagger or mind-control the Exalt guy to end the mission.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 14, 2016, 10:59:38 am »
This is a save file to demonstrate that even if you finish a mission with mind-controlled Armored Beastmasters, they still appear as regular Beastmasters in your inventory. Same game as the previous save file. There are two mind-controlled Armored Beastmasters, so just ghost-dagger or mind-control the Exalt guy to end the mission.

That's by design, you can read the explanation here: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Battlescape/DebriefingState.cpp#L1453

The issue people had before was that it crashed the game, which is not happening anymore as we can see.