Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434697 times)

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #375 on: April 22, 2016, 01:17:08 am »
I think I have noticed something about that, it seems that their corpses don't show up, although that may be Ivan's mini-mod for dead/stunned units.

Edit: Removing Ivan's mod seems to fix the inventory glitch, I will see if I cap capture units now.

Edit Edit: Nope, still cannot capture units.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:22:08 am by The Think Tank »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #376 on: April 22, 2016, 01:22:34 am »
It may possibly be an issue that I am using a somewhat dated Nightly....<snip>

You can't use a nightly with this mod.  Please use the .exe that comes in the package.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:24:17 am by ivandogovich »

Offline Cheshire

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 22, 2016, 01:24:55 am »
okay i appear to be not recovering captives now. Save is a base attack with 2 certain stunned foes. One Marsec BG and one guild Security. Last guy can be stunned for finish as well.

Same problem here, captured enemies don't show up on the end screen and in my base.

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 22, 2016, 01:26:35 am »
I have been using the Extended version, albeit on a Nightly copy. But if that is the case then my version should have no impact, correct?

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2016, 01:29:34 am »
Ehm, there's nothing in the nightly you'd need... required files are all in the Piratez download.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #380 on: April 22, 2016, 01:46:30 am »
I tried to update corpses to Meridian's new rules, and looks like I f*cked up, changing good corpse definitions into bad ones. This is the reason for the lack of living captures. Damn it. Never-ending trouble with the whole corpses<>captures<>research intertwined web of obscure dependencies :/

Offline Baldri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 22, 2016, 02:00:02 am »
Btw: I started a "New Battle" to see if a Siberian Mission works there. Well I got a CTD this way as well.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #382 on: April 22, 2016, 02:04:31 am »
I have been using the Extended version, albeit on a Nightly copy. But if that is the case then my version should have no impact, correct?

XPirateZ has diverged from the OpenXcom Extended branch if I understand correctly.  Meridian has been developing OpenXcom Extended Plus (OXCE+) with features that Dioxine has been leveraging.  That is why he packages updated .exe files with his releases.   

The mansion is a clear example of this as it uses a new branch of code that can specify starting conditions (i.e. only infiltration gear, etc.)

So, if you aren't using one of Meridian's latest OXCE+ builds, you will inevitably run into problems.

Offline Baldri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 22, 2016, 02:17:59 am »
And Siberia again:

I downgraded to 0.98C. Then I made my UFO-Folder look like here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4465.0.html

I deleted the Folders and documents that aren't showed there.

Afterwards I tried to start a Siberian mission from the Menu again. It said it failed to load "S-STRING" after CTD. Or something like it. However this isn't reproduceable. Thats why I can not say for sure what it said. I just got another "normal" CTD when restarting the Siberian mission from the menu.

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2016, 04:50:07 am »
Strange, I cannot get the Siberian mission working no matter what. To me that may be a more important and impending issue to deal with, but live alien capture is also quite important.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2016, 10:07:21 am »
Dioxine, not sure if it helps you, but WINMERGE is a free file comparison software, I am using it to quick-fix rul files and similar stuff, maybe it can help you fixing the buggy 0.98d Piratez_Faction.rul file faster and easier?  :-\

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2016, 10:45:24 am »
Is it possible that capturing hostiles is somehow broken in new version?

I notice several times that some unites don't recorded as captured and you can't find them in the vaults.

I thought they got killed somehow, but after I made sure the enemy is still alive.. It seems there is an issue.

Sometimes works. Sometimes don't

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2016, 10:56:20 am »
Is it possible that capturing hostiles is somehow broken in new version?

I notice several times that some unites don't recorded as captured and you can't find them in the vaults.

I thought they got killed somehow, but after I made sure the enemy is still alive.. It seems there is an issue.

Sometimes works. Sometimes don't

Yeah, it's been reported many times on this very page. :P But you're the first to report that some corpses do get recovered and some don't. Can you elaborate which ones?

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 22, 2016, 11:11:45 am »
Hmm... I made some testings. and I'm clueless.

That retucilan engineer. I MCed him and knock out. No hostages. Maybe problem with MC? But no.
I knocked a retucilan hybrid out and it wasn't a hostage.
That engineer was a hostages after he was mc-ed and  the battle ended.

I caputered a war maiden and matron.

I try to remember what I did different. I think I throw stun bombs.

I really can't say. At least I'm sure I didn't MC them.

p.s I read the posts at this very page.. geez. I'm really forgetful at the moment. don't know why <.<

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2016, 11:44:24 am »
The Superslave is a Slave, however he can only spit 5 yards in the game. Compared to mercenaries he is very weak. He need more power and more range for his eye laser!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:48:33 am by Ashert »