aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1435586 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2015, 07:33:00 pm »
Okay, then if the bug persists, you might have a problem with game version.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2015, 07:37:14 pm »
I guess that niculinux use older than 2.5b version without fixed craft durability bonus from weapons.

niculinux

« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2015, 07:44:09 pm »
I guess that niculinux use older than 2.5b version without fixed craft durability bonus from weapons.

maybe, i just installed the brand new openxocm-extended package provided by knapsu in the PPA, perapsh the package itself is not updated? For futher details, here.

Actually there is a way also via terminal - to see what version i have for those who install via ubuntu PPA? Screenshot attached :)

Edit: omething about the handle in the 0.97b: the description contains the string: target receives Morale on hit. Actually i think there's the "los" word missing, so that targets receives moreale loss on hit?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:14:54 pm by niculinux »

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2015, 08:22:51 pm »
actually in the black market and in the ufopedia reads cattle prod, while in the research topic "contract:smugglers" (the one that unlocks it) tell "stun rod so it's a typo in the "contract: smugglers" research topic results :)

Argh, yeah that's what i meant. :) A similar minor 'bug' is that durathread mesh still uses the 'trader stuff' ufopedia entry

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2015, 08:37:25 pm »
Edit: omething about the handle in the 0.97b: the description contains the string: target receives Morale on hit. Actually i think there's the "los" word missing, so that targets receives moreale loss on hit?

From what I understand, this entry for the handle is correct.  You can actually use it on your own troops that might be panicking to "slap them around a bit" and snap them out of it.  Much like sergeants and petty officers used sticks or ropes to beat their own troops and keep them doing what they were supposed to do.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2015, 08:46:26 pm »
^exactly true.

About the 'trader's stuff' etc. I kept it for clarity's sake (wtf did I just research?) but I can change these names too, if you think it'd be more proper.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2015, 11:07:38 am »
About the 'trader's stuff' etc. I kept it for clarity's sake (wtf did I just research?) but I can change these names too, if you think it'd be more proper.

Probably 'better' to change the names for consistency, even though it's a minor thing.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports: Huge Rocky?
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2015, 06:29:19 pm »
Not sure if this is a bug or not:

In Piratez_Armors.rul (line 2216), "Rocky" the Silacoid has a  loftempsSet: [ 5 ]

In my imperfect understanding of loftemps, I believe that 5 is Huge...

I would have assumed the unit to have a Medium (2) or Small (1) valued to reflect their size as a sprite. 

If my understanding of these settings is wrong, I'd love to understand it better if someone can point me to the right place. :)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2015, 07:22:27 pm »
This is totally dumb to report since I am using 0.96 (upgraded from 0.95C):

CTD occurs when clicking the left (or "previous entry") arrow button on the research report Bootypedia entry (in the stream it was the male Labourer that popped up). However, clicking the right arrow (or "next entry") or Aye buttons does not result in a CTD.

• Advance time to the next day
  • Click View Reports
  • Click Left Arrow ("Previous Entry")
  • Game should CTD

I'm sure this is probably fixed but there ya go.

edit: Not sure if the .sav actually attached? Attached a new one to see if that works.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:53:39 pm by DracoGriffin »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2015, 07:39:43 pm »
This is totally dumb to report since I am using 0.96 (upgraded from 0.95C):

CTD occurs when clicking the left (or "previous entry") arrow button on the research report Bootypedia entry (in the stream it was the male Labourer that popped up). However, clicking the right arrow (or "next entry") or Aye buttons does not result in a CTD.

• Advance time to the next day
  • Click View Reports
  • Click Left Arrow ("Previous Entry")
  • Game should CTD

I'm sure this is probably fixed but there ya go.

Nah, I had no idea. Probably some leftovers/empty techs/conflict with vanilla? No idea. I will investigate.

Not sure if this is a bug or not:

In Piratez_Armors.rul (line 2216), "Rocky" the Silacoid has a  loftempsSet: [ 5 ]

Copied from the original game. I guess it's flat but wide.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »
kk. :)  Thanks. 

I got quite a kick out of investigating Rocky.  Question about his powers:

Spoiler:
Love his built in flame thrower.  Range unlimited is intended?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2015, 07:55:02 pm »
Nah, I had no idea. Probably some leftovers/empty techs/conflict with vanilla? No idea. I will investigate.

Re-attached the save... not sure why it didn't properly the first time.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2015, 11:15:27 pm »
Re-attached the save... not sure why it didn't properly the first time.

It does crash no matter what you research. Well. Can't do much about that, since all the Pedia entries are good. Just don't use that left arrow until it gets unf***ed by someone in charge.

@Silacoid: yeah, intended. Doesn't really matter, I think, since it is an AI unit.

niculinux

« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2015, 11:25:57 pm »
Hey "breaking news! after i recovered the solar courier from a 3d progom mission game all of a sudden it diplsyed research completed for the solar courier without i researched it (wa doind the "rifle bullet manufacture" instead) and told me about the rat men :) maybe a bug, but i attach the savefile for eventual examination :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2015, 11:35:18 pm »
Not a bug, you have a 33.3% chance of Solar Courier being researched for free, due to its research cost = 1. I think it is fine, maybe someone just read it in their spare time :)