Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1459599 times)

Offline HerrytheHeadcrab

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4230 on: August 25, 2022, 09:04:18 pm »
I have been having issues with armor and wearable equipment not preventing environmental damage from hot or cold environments.

The in-game article states that it should only cause the 1HP dmg over 200% vulnerability to a specific temperature but I have noticed my units taking damage in scale armor (which has a base modifier to cold of 140% and even with a shawl and a towel she still takes damage)

The same appears to happen with other armors above 100% Damage modifiers. Tried and tested it with militia, scavenger, shepard, and a bunch of other armors and it is always the same result, each turn the unit takes 1HP damage as well as the other negative effects, no matter of equipped protective gear. Not sure if this is some issue on my end or if this can be replicated by others.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: August 26, 2022, 11:59:11 am »
There's 3 types of coldness (all have the same name, Freezing Cold)
Normal Cold - needs 208% or less resist
Intense Cold - need 83% or less cold resist
Deadly Cold - needs 41% or less cold resist

Certain missions, like Reservoir Dog or Shambler hunt can have Intense Cold. Deadly Cold can sometimes appear when a ufo's landing site is on a "solid ice" texture.

Online Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: September 12, 2022, 06:17:08 pm »
Reproducible crash on mission map generation

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: September 24, 2022, 09:06:54 pm »
I'm playing and translating after a while. I'm not sure if the Piranha has been changed or if there is some mistake. The pictures show different vessels. Is it a bug, or only picture inconsistency?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4234 on: September 25, 2022, 12:36:29 am »
I'm playing and translating after a while. I'm not sure if the Piranha has been changed or if there is some mistake. The pictures show different vessels. Is it a bug, or only picture inconsistency?

I don't have an artist to paint pictures for me, so yes, it is just inconsistency - it was the best I could find.

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: October 25, 2022, 04:18:29 am »
A couple of days ago i got the early base assault from the academy folks with the current xpiratez.
No error but the whole battle despite there weren't much attackers and i didn't had much gals yet was actually very slow, as if it was totally ignoring my animation speed option (i always have it to the max) with all my troops walking slowly like they do with the default settings.

Every other battles before and after that base assault, pogrom included have been very fast (i mean everyone was walking very fast due to the animation speed setting on max).

Anyone observed this in their game ?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 04:20:10 am by Rangerh »

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 01, 2022, 04:25:32 pm »
Did not occur to me to have a save file on hand long after the fact, but here is a bug or merely an unforeseen if still legitimate outcome of a game feature:

A MegaScorpion hunt mission spawned, flied over to hunt them, and I see that they were replaced by Ratman Brigands.

Normally this is nothing unusual, missions occasionally feature a different enemy set than expected, most commonly the zombies.

But the two things that made this one funnily unusual is that they were a lot of them (AFAIK the game cannot re-adjust the numbers for the new enemy set, which can lead to some rather "interesting" scenarios) and that every single one of them had a MegaScorpion Sting/Tail in their inventories.

So now I'm imagining that a lot of angry wannabe rat ninjas were sloppily disguising themselves as scorps by tying the Stings on their backs, as they waited for the Piratez to arrive and to exact revenge on them for one Rodeo too many.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 01, 2022, 05:07:39 pm »
So now I'm imagining that a lot of angry wannabe rat ninjas were sloppily disguising themselves as scorps by tying the Stings on their backs, as they waited for the Piratez to arrive and to exact revenge on them for one Rodeo too many.
This what briefing screen warned you about (if you read briefing screens at all, of course): another hunter party arrived first. So what is the bug you were talking about? The number of hunters?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 01, 2022, 06:53:35 pm »
This what briefing screen warned you about (if you read briefing screens at all, of course): another hunter party arrived first. So what is the bug you were talking about? The number of hunters?

Or the ratmen arrived first, killed all the scorpions, and looted their stingers. You caught them red handed with illegal animal parts in their pockets, and the penalty for poaching is death.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: November 02, 2022, 09:50:37 am »

I thought that referred to the bystanders that occasionally spawned in these hunting missions?

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: November 06, 2022, 02:46:08 pm »
I went to a primal hunt mission with catgirls wearing furs and they ended naked in the middle of a deadly cold mission against shamblers.

It smell like a bug.

Offline Sahti Waari

• Sergeant
  • Так победим!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: November 14, 2022, 12:09:43 am »
Hello, I just downloaded new version of X-piratez (N2_1_0) and got this error.
-Fresh version. Nothing altered.
-Files from original steam game X-Com copied into UFO folder. Only readme is overwrited.

The game not loaded.

See attachment. (screenshot and log file)

Offline Progger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: November 14, 2022, 07:03:31 am »
Some error and solution here

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: November 16, 2022, 07:52:22 am »
Not a bug, just a little detail

Some bottom floor tiles inside Snake landings counts as outside tiles when you retreat, losing troops in those (few) specific tiles.

Well, aint much more than a nuisance (head count when retreat is issued), but be careful

PD: Can't specify which missions, just saw that happen with a Snake ship

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: November 16, 2022, 08:23:10 am »
gravitic lift tiles, had this one recently.