aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434682 times)

Offline raledon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4215 on: May 25, 2022, 09:27:02 pm »
Some strange behaviour with the movement.
When flying, for some reason some of the movement path doesn't appear.
It occurs in specific tile region in specific Z, as shown in the picture.
Attached a save game for easier debugging, if the case is unknown.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: May 26, 2022, 10:45:32 am »
Raider Arms Factory mission is missing it's string.

Then when I researched a live Raider Flame Guard, game crashed with the following error.

Correction: It crashed when I clicked the Show Result button, not when the research was complete.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:47:04 am by Mathel »

Offline deekin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Temple of Sirius Crash
« Reply #4217 on: May 27, 2022, 11:44:50 pm »
Taking the El Fuego to the Temple of Sirius mission in the attached save causes a crash with the error message "no xcom units could be placed on the map".
Removing the custom unit deployment on the El Fuego (by removing and adding a unit in the crew select screen so that the Preview* button becomes Preview) seemed to "fix" the crash.
A custom unit deployment that is just a copy of the default deployment also crashes, so I do not think the actual placement of the units is the cause of the issue.

Some people in the Xpiratez bug report chat room reported that they were NOT able to reproduce the issue with the provided save. I downloaded a fresh copy of the latest Xpiratez (vN1.1) and was still able to reproduce the issue myself, so I don't believe any of my settings or file corruption is to blame.

I'll be happy to provide any other info or help with testing if needed

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: May 29, 2022, 10:16:16 am »
I got an issue with starting the game and getting the issue of Error for 'STR_NONE_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)

I had to update xpiratez for a long time so it might be related to that?

Offline raledon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: June 09, 2022, 11:08:08 pm »
Encountered a strange bug with tanks. Apparently, they have no rear... only a front. And it's impossible to hit the real directly.
I've attached a save with two tanks - if you hit them from behind, there's a random (50/50?) to either hit the front or side, regardless of your position.
In the pic attached, the gal stood behind and to the left of the tank, shredding some of its armor with a vibro axe. While hitting every attack, she only damaged the right and front armor.
The expected behavior is to hit only the back armor, and possibly the left (though at this angle, seems like it shouldn't be the case).

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: June 10, 2022, 02:55:58 pm »
This one would need a save to see. (Or at least a full screenshot, really need to see more than 3 pixels to make sense). Enemy tanks are turreted, right? Maybe that was the "front" of the tank, but the turret was swiveled back? So you thought you attacked back left, you were actually hitting front right?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:06:54 pm by Iazo »

Offline raledon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: June 10, 2022, 06:58:04 pm »
This one would need a save to see. (Or at least a full screenshot, really need to see more than 3 pixels to make sense). Enemy tanks are turreted, right? Maybe that was the "front" of the tank, but the turret was swiveled back? So you thought you attacked back left, you were actually hitting front right?

Reattached the save to this post.
I've attempted to attack from all four directions, I seem to primarily hit Front regardless of the direction (tested with the teleport debug feature).

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: June 19, 2022, 01:19:14 pm »
Terrain bug in VES_CRASHPLANE

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: July 17, 2022, 06:23:38 am »
Map error with the CONVOY. Enemies at the right angle can apparently shoot through the seam between the roof and glacis plate of the apc. Screenshots and Save attached. If you move the selected gal to the indicated spot, the ass ninja with the CD pistol will waste her through the craft wall.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: July 30, 2022, 08:52:12 pm »
Apples can overheal.
Anna Puma (Wearing Unipuma outfit) was wounded, so I had her eat apples. When I eventually looked at her stats screen, I found out she had 60/58 HP.

Edit: Oh, the extra HP gets removed before next turn.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4225 on: August 03, 2022, 10:15:15 pm »
Edit: Oh, the extra HP gets removed before next turn.

A moment of bulletproofness? :)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: August 06, 2022, 03:55:23 pm »
PARTY DRESS /CAT has Bare Hands instead of Nekomimi claws. Is this intended?

STR_GENTLE_PUSH should count towards STR_MEDAL_WRESTLER_NAME

"S-Prize: Omega Rifle" gives Omega Rifle research for free. But "Preq: Omega Rifle" requires Omega Rifle to be researched first :thonking:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:06:43 pm by Delian »

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: August 07, 2022, 02:22:05 pm »
PARTY DRESS /CAT has Bare Hands instead of Nekomimi claws. Is this intended?
A bug. Must be claws.

Offline rotarytone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: August 08, 2022, 08:27:39 pm »
Getting segmentation fault on the end-of-month. I'm guessing it's hitting an error when generating new missions, but not sure what those missions might be missing that's causing the fault.

No mods except xpiratez and some sprite and pedia image edits.

The save is minutes from the end of the month, just advance time and you'll hit the crash. Thanks in advance!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: August 08, 2022, 09:46:09 pm »
Getting segmentation fault on the end-of-month. I'm guessing it's hitting an error when generating new missions, but not sure what those missions might be missing that's causing the fault.

No mods except xpiratez and some sprite and pedia image edits.

The save is minutes from the end of the month, just advance time and you'll hit the crash. Thanks in advance!

There is a mistake in alien base upgrade definitions.

Fix here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4058.msg146001.html#msg146001