Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1461259 times)

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3945 on: May 21, 2021, 01:31:20 pm »
Picked grey to try the new stuff. Is is normal to receive "a message from red oni" event multiple times that does nothing after that first time? Because I get it regularly.

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: May 21, 2021, 08:45:26 pm »
Shoulder Launcher, although it is says it goes on your shoulders and is flagged to fit in shoulder slots, cannot actually be put in any shoulder slot because for some reason it is 2x2 and thus too large. Probably also can't be fired from such a slot as implied, but this might be an engine limitation.

Also, Bugeye Cybermage Armor, despite being both an Exosuit and Flight-Capable, cannot into space?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: May 21, 2021, 10:55:20 pm »
Shoulder Launcher, although it is says it goes on your shoulders and is flagged to fit in shoulder slots, cannot actually be put in any shoulder slot because for some reason it is 2x2 and thus too large. Probably also can't be fired from such a slot as implied, but this might be an engine limitation.

Also, Bugeye Cybermage Armor, despite being both an Exosuit and Flight-Capable, cannot into space?

True, cant shoot from inventory is an engine limit.

Does sound like an oversight to me, but it might have to with the flight mechanism. Outside a gravity well you can't fly with just bending gravity. Maybe it has no thrust mechanism? only dio knows

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: May 22, 2021, 11:21:06 pm »
True, cant shoot from inventory is an engine limit.
Probably, but the inability to even put it in a shoulder slot definitely isn't. If the item is to be made viable thematically as written, it should probably have no firing cost, since the TU cost of firing would be subsumed in the engine-required limitation of moving it to a hand slot and then back.

Does sound like an oversight to me, but it might have to with the flight mechanism. Outside a gravity well you can't fly with just bending gravity. Maybe it has no thrust mechanism? only dio knows
That doesn't make any sense either, since the same mechanism for flight is used by other suits that can into space. Plus we never actually leave a gravity well, the gravity in orbit is actually only slightly lower than it is on the surface, and certainly higher than it is on Mars. Since other exosuits that can fly can into space, why not this one?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: May 22, 2021, 11:42:33 pm »
snip
Since other exosuits that can fly can into space, why not this one?
Not all exos are space. Harbinger, loader for example. We may not agree with the logic of why but there is one.

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: May 23, 2021, 04:33:45 pm »
Well, the Harbinger and Loader cannot into space because they cannot actually fly, so if put in space they would just float there uselessly. That logic thus seem apparent. But the Cybermage has no such limitations, so the logic of why it cannot into space is unclear and not explained anywhere.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: May 24, 2021, 10:28:18 pm »
I'm not sure this is a bug, but wanted to ask.  Peeking at my save file, there was a Deep Ones mission that has a ridiculously long spawn timer.  It originally spawned at start of March 2602, I don't remember doing the "wave 0" mission, which was evidently some time in mid to late April, but at start of May 2602, it is showing "nextWave=1", with a spawn countdown of 68 days (98910).  Is that appropriate?

EDIT - sorry, legion, adding the data block for the mission:

Spoiler:
Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_MISSION_DEEP_ONES
    region: STR_SOUTH_EAST_ASIA
    race: STR_DEEP_ONE
    nextWave: 1
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 98910
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 271
    missionSiteZone: -1

If you need it, the current ID for ALIEN_MISSIONS to start this month was 349, so you can see it's an old mission, comparatively.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:06:32 am by Dogbarian »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: May 24, 2021, 10:34:30 pm »
More details please. Mission name at the very least.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: May 26, 2021, 06:50:01 pm »
Edited my post to add the details of the mission, sorry.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: May 27, 2021, 09:10:37 am »
Sending CONQUEROR on Beach Sweep bounty mission results in crash.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: May 28, 2021, 02:28:36 pm »
The built-in GHOST outfit dagger, "Ghost Ops", displays ?-? in melee damage popup as well as not invoking BootyPedia entry upon MMB click. SAINT's built-in weapons exhibited same behavior until fixed an update or two ago so I thought to mention the dagger.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: May 30, 2021, 03:53:56 pm »
Not sure if intended but this spider is in a position I cannot directly reach. I assume it spawned there and cannot get out.

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: May 30, 2021, 08:29:22 pm »
Looks reachable to me. You can access it in a large number of ways: Fly over, use your sword on the fence, or shoot out the barrels, to name a few. Compared to the other much less reachable positions mapgen produces, where you might not have any awareness you even SHOULD be trying to reach that position, this is nothing.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: May 30, 2021, 08:47:25 pm »
I'm well aware of how to reach the enemy (I actually just shot it), but the threat of early game monster hunt missions is their ability to swarm you, and they can't really swarm you if they get stuck like this. I'm not saying that there aren't worse instances, just that it exists. There's a gate in the fence but it's on the wrong side for this particular spider to escape. Again if this is intended that's fine but it doesn't feel intended to me.

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: May 31, 2021, 06:14:14 pm »
There's a gate in the fence but it's on the wrong side for this particular spider to escape. Again if this is intended that's fine but it doesn't feel intended to me.
The gate looks there to me. It's the same as the other identical enclosure next to it, the gate is the spot on the west side, yes? The spider could just head out the gate. It apparently chose not to, and that's why it is now a flaming corpse.

Nice shooting, BTW. You managed to somehow set just the spider on fire without setting anything else on fire.

As for how intended it is, well, it's a very random mapgen, and sometimes accessibility of areas can be rather impaired. ONE spider unable to zerg you probably isn't a big deal. Not that I've ever encountered monster hunts where enemies swarm effectively. They tend to just get confused and mill around in aimless circles going nowhere in particular.