Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433694 times)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3735 on: September 30, 2020, 07:55:45 pm »
Alright, just in case the burrow bug hasn't been solved, figured out the issue, it's just incorrectly dealing with animal space when you want to remove them if you have more than one burrow.  Regardless of the # of burrows and excess animal space you have, you can only have 10 animal space in use if you want to remove a burrow.  I assume the same is true of beast dens, only with 25.

So currently, you need to remove all but 10 dogs if you want to remove a burrow, then buy back the dogs.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: October 01, 2020, 02:51:51 pm »
Edit: it was you who was lying, sandbags do cut damage in half (*up to maximum resist of 50%).
He is not lying. The descriptions are indeed wrong. if the following formula from earlier in this thread is accurate,
Final resist = Armor resist - (1 - Item resist) * (Armor resist - Item minimum resist)
the sandbags cut the difference between current vulnerability and minumum vulnerability (50%) in half. If the formula is not to change, you could change the text from "Decreases damage by x% down to N." to "Decreases difference between foo resistance and N by x%." for all the affected items.

That way, you would have to rebalance nothing, merely change text for resistance equipment.

Edits:red. Self correction.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 02:54:40 pm by Mathel »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3737 on: October 02, 2020, 04:46:33 pm »
He is not lying. The descriptions are indeed wrong. if the following formula from earlier in this thread is accurate,the sandbags cut the difference between current vulnerability and minumum vulnerability (50%) in half. If the formula is not to change, you could change the text from "Decreases damage by x% down to N." to "Decreases difference between foo resistance and N by x%." for all the affected items.
Edits:red. Self correction.

Ah! So the real issue is me having trouble with understanding how a native English speaker would interpret "up" and "down" in this context. Okay, that is something real: my mastery of English proven insufficient. It happens.
Couldn't we have started off this, instead of these walls of text about the neccesity to change my scripts and salaries? I'm taking no salary for making this mod.
Also I already stated I will look into changing descriptions.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: October 03, 2020, 02:56:09 am »
I don't know about the specific items, but the bootypedia topic on items that change defensive stats does state that they're more useful for more primitive designs, or words to that effect.  Seems clear to me that stacking benefits is going to have less effect real fast.

Offline bublebree

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: October 06, 2020, 12:51:03 pm »
Hello,

I have a bug. Its problem with creating slave soldiers.

I play version L2, choose "Gals are superior" path. I use only statstring mod, nothing else, but I did made some changes to base piratez game, usually minor tweak to make the game more to my liking. I dont think my modifications are the cause of this problem, only change related to SS in modified training caps.

Steps leading to crash:
(save 1)I create Slave soldiers, wait for them to arrive to base. When I click "Hands" tab in main base, game crashes. This is visible in save file, just time skip to moment they arrive to base. Another strange thing is that they all have same name "John Doe" or "Jane Doe" (visible in "transfers" tab).

(Save 2) When I dissemble statstring mod, another problems shows: no SS are made as result of manufacture recipe. I do recipe, it shows progress and consumes resources, but no SS show in "transfers" tab and they are not created. But crash doesnt appear.

I have included 2 save files, crash log, and statstring archive.

I more info is needed, let me know :-)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: October 06, 2020, 01:45:31 pm »
Steps leading to crash:
(save 1)I create Slave soldiers, wait for them to arrive to base. When I click "Hands" tab in main base, game crashes. This is visible in save file, just time skip to moment they arrive to base. Another strange thing is that they all have same name "John Doe" or "Jane Doe" (visible in "transfers" tab).

Doesn't crash for me; and the names are also looking good.

I dont think my modifications are the cause of this problem, only change related to SS in modified training caps.

I'd say the modifications are the issue.
Try with unmodified piratez and see if it helps.

Offline bublebree

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: October 07, 2020, 02:22:29 pm »
I'd say the modifications are the issue.
Try with unmodified piratez and see if it helps.

Yea, it was the modification. I even found out what was the problem. Turns out ruleset .rul files are very sensitive to white symbols. I had "tab" at beginning of some lines instead "space".

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: October 07, 2020, 02:32:04 pm »
Yea, it was the modification. I even found out what was the problem. Turns out ruleset .rul files are very sensitive to white symbols. I had "tab" at beginning of some lines instead "space".

Yes, YAML doesn't support tabs.
Only spaces can be used.

Offline Retroactive

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports - Gal Party Equipment Screen Crash
« Reply #3743 on: October 11, 2020, 04:13:53 am »
Hello, I'm getting a crash on the equipment screen for the "Gal Party" mission when attempting to shuffle through my gals, as soon as I try to go past "Echo Helga".

Steps to reproduce crash:

1. Go to equipment screen and try to go past "Echo Helga".

Playing on the latest version  L4 "Mad Melee Massacre".

No mods, on davy jones difficulty.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:47:31 am by Retroactive »

Offline Retroactive

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports #F42 Cyra Avatar/Party Dress crash
« Reply #3744 on: October 11, 2020, 10:27:41 am »
After investigating the crash some more I found that Avatar #F42 Cyra (the one with cyan hair and a robotic right eye) caused the crash when you use it with party dress and then try and view the gal in the equipment screen.

And this makes the game crash even when not on the mission.

The gal I was trying to select during the party mission.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 10:33:32 am by Retroactive »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: October 11, 2020, 08:58:55 pm »
There's a bug in localization:
GMTACTIC8: "Synthetic Dreams" -> The title of the song is "Rise". The artist is "Makeup and Vanity Set".
GMGEO11: "Vanity Set" -> The title of the song is "Solo Nobre Must Fall (Theme from Brigador)". The artist is "Makeup and Vanity Set".

Offline bublebree

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: October 12, 2020, 10:35:16 am »
Hello,

there is potentional mistake in L4 with Red Shield. In Yankey_script.rul in section about red shield, damage type 16 (stab) is in 2 lines, both for 25% resistance and shield bypass. Bootypedia says the damage type Stab has 25% resist.

Code: [Select]

# Weaker element does 25% damage
                  else or eq damaging_type 4 eq damaging_type 12 eq damaging_type 16; #Laser, Electric, Stabbing
                    set shieldResistCoeff 25;

# Stronger element either ignores shield, or does 250% damage (Fire, EMP)
                  else or eq damaging_type 14 eq damaging_type 15 eq damaging_type 16; #Warp, Mind, Stabby
                    return power part side;

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: October 15, 2020, 11:23:07 am »
First of all, thank you so much for the great job you have done.
  As a result of long-term use of the Zeppelin (many thanks to its creator), I could not stand it and, all the same, dug through additional doors at the opposite wall. I post the results here, because I have not found a more suitable topic.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: October 21, 2020, 06:16:48 pm »
Typo in MYSTERIES -> Combat Stress BootyPedia:
"fer too long" -> "for too long"
Don't think it's due to author's colorful writing style.

Same in JOURNAL -> !Monster Hunt"
"fer example" -> "for example"
Here it's probably intentional, even though "for" is used in last sentence.

Gonna contribute that to Brainers' radiation exposure and stop reporting unless critical.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:00:04 am by Nilex »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: October 23, 2020, 01:53:19 am »
Fer could be piratey speech, which your crew uses early on in the game.  As they get more civilized they drop a lot of it, but they do use it.