aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433680 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3375 on: September 17, 2019, 05:40:13 pm »
I just downloaded the new version and started a new game and I could have sworn that there used to be 10 slots for load out presets, but now the list doesn't pop up so I only seem to have the one. Am I missing something?

Check your hotkey settings in the options.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: September 20, 2019, 10:12:04 am »
Map in Infested Cellar mission divided to 2 separate parts. Save attached.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: September 20, 2019, 06:13:42 pm »
Walls can't be crushed using fusion-torches / hammers / pickaxes?

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: September 20, 2019, 10:54:21 pm »
Probably can. But it should be a normal cellar.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: September 21, 2019, 06:50:27 am »
But it should be a normal cellar.

I find the infested cellar to be unusual in that it is two stories deep.  Maybe the owner tried to wall off the infested portion earlier and when that failed decided to call the exterminators...  Or maybe a previous owner used the walled off section to store contraband.

I don't think it is a bug; I think it is an optional/random feature of the Infested Cellar mission.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #3380 on: September 21, 2019, 07:12:00 am »
^^ i like that such mini - stories..
and back-ground mini plots and story-arc  8)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: September 21, 2019, 06:22:15 pm »
Either we call it "Mini-Story" or "Screwed by RNG".
Same can happen to the mission with the cellar full of rats/scopions/etc.
Always pack up pickaxes hammers and a single f-torch to deal with unlucky level-creation.

The f-torch should be able to melt the upper floor to drop into the lower level.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #3382 on: September 21, 2019, 11:57:06 pm »
I find the infested cellar to be unusual in that it is two stories deep.  Maybe the owner tried to wall off the infested portion earlier and when that failed decided to call the exterminators...  Or maybe a previous owner used the walled off section to store contraband.

I don't think it is a bug; I think it is an optional/random feature of the Infested Cellar mission.

..or amybe tjhose blocked, closed part of cellar was oldest, and .."deepest",  and as such was haunted and "Zone" infested - the previous´ly owners often experienced there haunting ghost, mutanted (radiated) eeries, and creepy creatures, and various mysteriously, fringe ..events and oddy, unexplicated *Zone" - phenomenas ..

..so they closed it all, excluded the horrible area with ferro-concreted, /bricks´ed strong wall..

i definately would like such mission.. (ghaunted cellars, ghosted dungeon..)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: September 24, 2019, 02:17:52 am »
Typo in text

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: September 24, 2019, 09:25:20 pm »
STR_CELATID_TERRORIST_EXTRACTION requires STR_CELATID. I think that's supposed to be STR_CELATID_TERRORIST.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: September 26, 2019, 12:23:25 am »
I thought manufacturing named blood hounds was bugged, until I found out that it needs the blood hounds that you buy from the Alliance and not the enemy blood hounds that you can capture.  The confusion comes from the fact that both kinds are called "blood hound" but are in fact separate entities.  If enemy dogs are guard dogs and player dogs are attack dogs, then I suggest renaming one of the blood hounds as well.  Something like "allied blood hound" for the player blood hound.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3386 on: September 26, 2019, 02:55:49 pm »
STR_CELATID_TERRORIST_EXTRACTION requires STR_CELATID. I think that's supposed to be STR_CELATID_TERRORIST.

Did you verify it's actually not working, or just "think"? Because it looks good at first glance, and I don't remember any issues with it.

I thought manufacturing named blood hounds was bugged, until I found out that it needs the blood hounds that you buy from the Alliance and not the enemy blood hounds that you can capture.  The confusion comes from the fact that both kinds are called "blood hound" but are in fact separate entities.  If enemy dogs are guard dogs and player dogs are attack dogs, then I suggest renaming one of the blood hounds as well.  Something like "allied blood hound" for the player blood hound.

That is just nitpicking. You cannot turn enemy blood hounds into yours, so by what twisted logic you would be able to turn them into named ones?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:58:19 pm by Dioxine »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: September 26, 2019, 03:23:10 pm »
Well, you can tame other enemies like reapers, werewolves, and gazers.

But you're right, this is nothing worth wasting time over and I apologize.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3388 on: September 27, 2019, 01:49:26 am »
No problem, man. I'm afraid of making too much of a mess with overtly long naming...

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: September 27, 2019, 02:40:47 pm »
Did you verify it's actually not working, or just "think"? Because it looks good at first glance, and I don't remember any issues with it.

Nope, I didn't verify. That is why I wrote I *think* it's supposed to be that string. I stumbled about it by finding "Fartbags" and "Fartbag" in the tech tree viewer, and wondered what the difference is. Then I looked in the ruleset and failed to find out how one could aquire STR_CELATID research.
I thought if I posted it, you would immediately be able to tell if it is a typo or intentional. So I should have added, ignore post if that string is intentional.