Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1435024 times)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #3045 on: January 25, 2019, 09:54:06 pm »
More a request than a bug report:
Is it possible to get a weather report for crashsites? As far as I know it's not always obvious what the environment is. I had a crashsite in england that was a cold environment. If the game did seasons I would also complain that this was in june :-P

Offline dedok13x

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 25, 2019, 11:59:48 pm »
Getting random (sometimes it happens, sometimes not, without any obvious pattern. ~20 chance of crash) crashes right after clicking "OK" on initial equip/inventory screen before every tactical mission. Current walkthrough was started on 0.99J10 version in RU translation, then switched to ENG.

UPD: figured out that crashes (but not always) occurs when I try to move items with Ctrl.

UPD2: game also crashes when I trying to manually choose GMTACTIC9 and GMTACTIC10 soundtracks. UPD2.1: fixed this one by manual adding in directory Dioxine_XPiratez\user\mods\Piratez\SOUND (where all soundtracks placed) OGG files named GMTACTIC9 and GMTACTIC10.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:16:27 am by dedok13x »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 26, 2019, 06:46:04 am »
Is it intended that you cannot Punch in Destructor Armor?

Probably, at one point the sphere of annihilation power had a melee like option, but that was before it got moved to to the "Psi" power button interface. But like if you have destructor you have tons better options then barehanding something, i hope. Just keep something in the inventory for the purpose.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3048 on: January 26, 2019, 02:25:04 pm »
More a request than a bug report:
Is it possible to get a weather report for crashsites? As far as I know it's not always obvious what the environment is. I had a crashsite in england that was a cold environment. If the game did seasons I would also complain that this was in june :-P

It depends on ground texture and random roll. Tropical textures tend to favor hot climates, Arctic textures tend to favor cold climates, others tend to favor temperate climates. But it is intended to not be 100% predictable.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 28, 2019, 12:41:39 am »
Not sure if it was bad luck or a bug, but I didn't get a liber occultus as loot from a cannibal camp.
No save unfortunately, because I only just realized that when looking through the screenshots.

Edit: Still j10, will update once I reach the end of the month.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:59:06 am by Rince Wind »

niculinux

« Reply #3050 on: January 28, 2019, 09:58:06 am »
Upgraded from J10 to J11, gave a quick shot, i was in oct 17 2601, researched ?we nned the male touch" nd it tells that we can now research "progman SS armor" but in the research it didn not show  :'( a savegame is attached here gonna try again when i reach the very end of the month  ;)

Edit: i've also seen that in J10 "prize:autoccannons" gives two kind of 'em : autocannon and wp-autocannono, but the former doe not have neither bootypedia entrty nor weight description in the inventory,i suppose still needs full implementation?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:47:01 pm by niculinux »

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 28, 2019, 02:04:08 pm »
Anyone noticed the insane spread on flamethrowers if you shoot without line of sight? Well i expect some spread but not doing a 180° and about 40 tiles away. That definitely looks like a bug. Check my screenshots.

Edit: 1 more thing. Latest patch, you can loot a Sermon book from the church. It's not researchable and not used in any crafting. I assume it's not a vendor trash? The price is only 4k.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:32:23 pm by sanyaskillpro »

niculinux

« Reply #3052 on: January 28, 2019, 06:03:08 pm »
In 0.99J10 and J11 (i jusp upgraded) there some kind of country (the one where mouse pointer is) which appear to have no name. Zooming nothing is diplayed, instead the near States are labelled. Bug or normal?

Edit: the brand new divergin path introduced in 0.99J11 is activated by completing the reseach topic "Recruitment". Now, since ot is the same name of the topic avaiable at the beginning of the game - which let you recruit gals - should the newer one be tenamed "Alternate recruitment" or something to distinguish from the initial one?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:46:38 pm by niculinux »

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 29, 2019, 05:24:28 pm »
If bugeye in advisor suit survives while being knocked out you get STR_CORPSE_HYBRID_ADVISOR in a loot screen. They actually survived, i double checked in a hands list.

Kinda weird noone reported it to this point, i guess they usually get oneshot :p

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 29, 2019, 06:13:29 pm »
Hi Dioxine

Not sure if this counts as a bug-report.  The 'experimental' exe bundled with J11 doesn't want to work on my win7 32bit system, so I tried the latest one from xcomfiles (2019-01-16 I think) and that works a treat.

Edit: I'm going to try the 2019-01-23 exe from the openxcom.exe thread later and see if that works with J11.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 06:31:31 pm by Jimboman »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 29, 2019, 06:38:27 pm »
Not sure if this counts as a bug-report.  The 'experimental' exe bundled with J11 doesn't want to work on my win7 32bit system, so I tried the latest one from xcomfiles (2019-01-16 I think) and that works a treat.

Can you say what exactly didn't work?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3056 on: January 29, 2019, 06:41:19 pm »
It is indeed curious, since the latest XCF also uses the experimental build from 16.01.2019.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 29, 2019, 09:25:01 pm »
Can you say what exactly didn't work?

When I tried to run the game a warning came-up about 'this program is not compatible with your version of windows' or some such, so it might've been a 64bit vs. a 32bit problem.  As I stated in the 'upgrading problems' thread I DL'd the latest 32bit openexcomex exe (2019-01-23) from the openexcomex thread and it's working fine.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:27:19 pm by Jimboman »

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 29, 2019, 09:38:33 pm »
Well, we do care... especially if you say to everyone on two main threads that the release is not working at all!

So, either it was your fault, in which case please take back what you said to the whole world about release not working... or it's a bug, in which case please try to help us find the cause.

Just shouting to everyone it doesn't work without any evidence whatsoever, is the lowest of the lowest.

I didn't mean to cause offence, I was just stating a problem I had.  It might well have been something I done that messed it up, though I think it was just that my version of win7 isn't compatible with the exe from the J11 bundle.  I've got it working now though by DL'ing your 32bit 2019-01-23 exe, and if that solution helps someone else with a similar problem then why shouldn't I say that?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 29, 2019, 09:40:41 pm »
It's the 32/64 bit issue. Your edited reply confirmed that. Thanks for cooperation.