aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433813 times)

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2910 on: October 27, 2018, 12:54:37 am »
en_US is the  approved version for Piratez
They are identical for 099_J8

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: October 27, 2018, 09:19:11 pm »
I originally posted about this in the thread for little questions because I thought it was just a low chance fluke.  I had a merc secret base string of missions in Europe.  I have all of Europe covered with a decoder.  I didn't think I could handle any of the merc ships, so I just ignored them.  Didn't try to intercept or land at any of the grounded ships, they were completely unopposed, but no base showed up.  I thought there might be some kind of delay, like bases only spawn at the start of the month or something, so I kept playing.  The same month the Academy had a secret base mission in the Pacific, and I got a few of their landed ships in Hawaii.  2 frigates and I think a cruiser (vanilla battleship map).  No base for that one either.  There are some islands near Australia that I don't have coverage on, so I don't know for sure that they didn't set up one there, but about half the ships that landed in Hawaii did get raided and defeated.  Earlier in the campaign I did have an academy base show up in South Africa.  I had no coverage in the area at the time and found out about it from the rumors popup.

I had taken a break from the game and just got back into it at the end of August.  This campaign is a new one from that version (0.99j6).  I haven't updated since that install.  Unfortunately, I don't have a save from when it happened.  I'm attaching the oldest one I have, which I think was a month or two after it happened.  Not sure if that'll be helpful at all.

I haven't edited any of the rul files, and the only save game editing I've done was give myself some obsidian credit chips after I stupidly built a good chunk of a base without staffing anyone to defend it and it got wiped out.  I can't remember for sure now, but that may have happened before the academy base in south africa.

I generally don't like updating mid-campaign, so I was planning to stick with this version for a while anyway.  If I get any more secret base missions (especially ones that don't generate a base) I'll grab a save and post it here

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: October 28, 2018, 03:46:52 pm »
You made no mention of it, so I have to wonder: Did you actually use your craft to patrol for bases?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2913 on: October 28, 2018, 03:56:11 pm »
The Secret Base mission was patched in 99J6b.  This bug was reported and fixed already.

If you are not willing to keep up to date with current releases, you will be subject to whatever bugs exist in those version.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: October 28, 2018, 08:26:24 pm »
The Secret Base mission was patched in 99J6b.  This bug was reported and fixed already.
If you are not willing to keep up to date with current releases, you will be subject to whatever bugs exist in those version.
Hi there!
Taking advantage of the moment, were the unit patrol scripts for default secret base defence (Academy and Guild) somehow revised since the last version? In 99J7 enemy units were staying at their places like the dolls, only reacting to the movement and/or fire, while not aactually moving themselves.
The same was for the enemies attacking my bases (except for humanists and doom guys).
The ratio of stuck-to-the places units to patrolling units were from 40 to 90%. Depends I don't really know on what.

Also, I have a courage to take a look at AI battlefield scripts, in order to try myself in the mod advancement (humbly, 1% success probablility here I guess). Where can I start?
My point here is to try applicate differentiating battlefield strategies for the fractions.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:33:32 pm by Abyss »

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: October 29, 2018, 03:09:00 am »

Apologies, at the time I first asked about it in the little questions thread I didn't know it was a bug because I'd had a base spawn earlier.  I just thought it was something I didn't know and went looking for odd/confirmation.  Dioxine's comment on it prompted me to gather more info and document it, and I didn't think to check if it was fixed already.

It's not so much unwilling as lazy  ;)  I'll be a bit more careful before reporting bugs in the future.  Sorry for wasting your time

You made no mention of it, so I have to wonder: Did you actually use your craft to patrol for bases?

The whole continent was covered by radars of one kind or another, and there were no supply ships.  That being said, I did hunt around a bit anyway

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2916 on: October 29, 2018, 03:36:51 am »
Hi there!
Taking advantage of the moment, were the unit patrol scripts for default secret base defence (Academy and Guild) somehow revised since the last version? In 99J7 enemy units were staying at their places like the dolls, only reacting to the movement and/or fire, while not aactually moving themselves.

This bug has been fixed in j8. At least I think it was, please lookout if such behaviour persists in J8 (there was a bug in the executable, actually).

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: October 29, 2018, 08:25:04 pm »
099_J8

en-US.yml
line 661:
  STR_SHOT_TYPE_AUTO: "Auto (x{0})"
line 778:
  STR_SHOT_TYPE_AUTO: "Auto (x{0})" 

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: October 30, 2018, 12:00:14 pm »
Some missed strings in 099_J8:

INV_STERRING_WHEEL
STR_CONSUMER_GOODS_XXX
STR_SYNTH_GAL

Offline mostly_harmless

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: October 31, 2018, 02:13:53 pm »
Thanks CC for the moonshine code hint. Will try that out next time.
I now stumbled upon another bug (or intended behaviour??).
One gal was low on energy and self administered a Stimm. The energy got boosted.
The odd thing happened with the stun reduction. That was given to a different gal unconsious on the ground on the other side of the map. And she popped up.
Happened two times independent from each other. Boosted the energy on gal 1 while reduced stun on gal 2 somewhere else.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: October 31, 2018, 02:32:06 pm »
The second gal isn't getting any stun reduction elsewhere on the map, it's just that using the stim triggered a unit update and the game realized the other gal should be awake and wasn't yet.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 03, 2018, 05:00:12 pm »
Unable to leave this basement in 099_J8: https://imgur.com/a/KGb8rhw

upd. hm. looks like the stairs was previously destroyed in gunfight =\
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 05:46:00 pm by FG »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #2922 on: November 03, 2018, 06:55:05 pm »
Unable to leave this basement in 099_J8: https://imgur.com/a/KGb8rhw

upd. hm. looks like the stairs was previously destroyed in gunfight =\

what about try to ignite,blast-off those barrel in the corner of that northern room, to ..crush -off, pull-down.. the bricken wall

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 03, 2018, 07:20:45 pm »
Does it only appear to me so, but since J8 this terrain appears every 3, 5 missions.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 03, 2018, 08:42:02 pm »
Yes the junk village tileset was added to the pool for alot of common early missions(loknarr & ratmen villages, ufo ground battles, church of sirus, warehouse wars, ect)

So seeing it frequently is to be expected.