Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1467468 times)

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2790 on: September 21, 2018, 01:52:33 am »
BTW... Dioxine, I could upgrade to current version long time ago. I was complaining that 99J3 killed my economy by including sectoweed into medical supplies recipe. And I didn't had any sectoweed. I had to wait until Reticulans arrive, so I could research Reticulan Contactcs and buy sectoweed on black market... All I needed was smallest of hints, that I can research that without any Reticulans actually showing up!

You can get sectoweed from a lot of places, and with plantations you can grow your own.  No reticulans required.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: September 21, 2018, 05:06:21 am »
Well if he was on the early versions and had no sectoweed available the upgrade would crash your economy, the plantations require some "seed" crop to get going, and the unlock for purchase is not terribly obvious. The sectoweed feeding into nearly all medical products, and the nerf of low tier saves where both big hiccups in how overall economy worked. Both required hours of work for an experienced player like me to compensate for. I dont blame someone for not wanting to change the proverbial horse mid stream.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: September 21, 2018, 07:14:58 am »
You can get sectoweed from a lot of places, and with plantations you can grow your own.  No reticulans required.

In the beginning of the campaign I sold sectoweed as useless stuff on mission summary screen. It was later automatically sold after every mission with trash stuff. When 99J3 was published, I had no sectoweed, and medi supplies were my only source of income. Going back to Xgrog was cutting down my income by 75% and killing game. And I didn't know about chemicals. But I was like maybe 6 months from day, when Reticulans showed up in my previous game. So I thought "I'll wait a little bit and then I will able to upgrade after researching reticulan stuff and buying  sectoweed from black market".

And they didn't arrived yet. In copmparison to previous game they are late about 9 months. And with about 80 brainers I am soon possibly research everything I can, and lack of Reticulan technology blocks me from doing Higher Studies.               

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: September 21, 2018, 07:34:08 am »
Well until they do eventually show up, stop auto selling sectoweed.  It's more common now so you should have enough to plant by the time you get some plantations up and running.  I'm only a few months into a new game and I already have like 80 sectoweed, that's more than enough to seed some plantations to be swimming in more sectoweed than I know what to do with heh.  You can try selling Chateau de la Mort, that's pretty sweet space bucks.  I don't recall ever selling medical supplies so I don't know how it stacks up in comparison though.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: September 21, 2018, 09:05:45 pm »
I am now in 28th month of campaign and plastasteel forgery is on. One mint is also working.  And now, when I finally can buy sectoweed from black market, it turns out  that medi supplies made with purchased sectoweed is less profitable than hellerium extraction...

But even if I had enough sectoweed to start farming, change to economy based on medi supplies still was insane. I did few moment ago some test runs with purchased sectoweed in 99J6b. Single base with 145 runts manufactoring medi supplies used 96 sectoweed in 50 hours. Thats 1,92/hour. And then I had four such bases, so I would need 7,68 sectoweed per hour to sustain my economy. Now, single farm is producing 240 sectoweed in 24 days, but you need 12 to start new farm, giving you 228 netto. That  is 0,395/hour. 7,68/0,395 = 19,44 so I would need 20 farms to meet my hourly demand. In single base there is room for 8 farms, so 2 and half bases would need to be costructed and dedicated to farming sectoweed... And production of medi supplies after upgrading to 99J3 was stopped instatly because of lack of sectoweed, without waiting for farms... In my case it was almost instant game over.         

And farming breaks immersion. Pirates do not sow, they pay the iron price.  ;)   

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: September 21, 2018, 10:39:22 pm »
I am now in 28th month of campaign and plastasteel forgery is on. [..]

But even if I had enough sectoweed to start farming, change to economy based on medi supplies still was insane.
Why would you even care about Medical Supplies anymore? Plastasteel forging is roughly twice as profitable as Medical Supplies were before the economy changes. The next upgrade would be Privatizing World Peace followed by Armory Tower for the most profitable production possible.
Oh, and before I forget, you could've switched to producing Chemicals in those 9 months. It's slightly less profitable than Medical Supplies, but with nine months game time your increase in slaves should've made up for the difference. ;)

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #2796 on: September 21, 2018, 10:47:52 pm »

And farming breaks immersion. Pirates do not sow, they pay the iron price.  ;)

..and what, who is dead, - cant die (nomore

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: September 21, 2018, 11:21:40 pm »
Why would you even care about Medical Supplies anymore? Plastasteel forging is roughly twice as profitable as Medical Supplies were before the economy changes. The next upgrade would be Privatizing World Peace followed by Armory Tower for the most profitable production possible.

Plastasteel production started like 20 days ago. And with deficit about 28 millions I can't rely on plastasteel only. Sometimes you need to produce stuff like advanced power armor and 500 runts needs 15 hours for one piece.   

Oh, and before I forget, you could've switched to producing Chemicals in those 9 months. It's slightly less profitable than Medical Supplies,

If only I had knew about it. There is so much stuff to manufacture, and so many of them generates losses... I didn't check everything. And chemicals are not slightly, but about 25% less profitable.

but with nine months game time your increase in slaves should've made up for the difference. ;)

If I understand correctly slaves increase storage capacity and courtesans bring some profit, but in the end it not good investment. Did versions after 99J2 changed something ?     

Game version 99J6b , OXCE 4.0

Terror ship show up with messed up race description. During interception game CTDed. Screenshot + openxcom.log attached.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: September 21, 2018, 11:40:13 pm »
Terror ship show up with messed up race description. During interception game CTDed. Screenshot + openxcom.log attached.

STR_SNAKEMAN_TERROR race doesn't exist in J6 anymore... which is most likely also the cause of the CTD.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: September 21, 2018, 11:49:38 pm »
Should I ignore it then ? What if let them land and do terror attack? Will it also crash if I meet them on the ground?     

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: September 21, 2018, 11:50:25 pm »
Should I ignore it then ? What if let them land and do terror attack? Will it also crash if I meet them on the ground?   

Yes, it will crash.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: September 21, 2018, 11:58:25 pm »
Ok, I'll ignore them. This can be only fixed in the next release, right?   

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: September 22, 2018, 12:01:27 am »
Ok, I'll ignore them. This can be only fixed in the next release, right?

It will fix itself automatically... next month, such missions won't be generated anymore.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: September 22, 2018, 12:08:57 am »
It is my fault then, as I upgraded from 99J2 to 99J6b on the first day of month... :)   

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: September 22, 2018, 02:01:14 am »
Oh right, the Church were formerly internally called SNAKEMEN.  Here I thought the actual Snakemen (internally called ERIDIANS) were now starting to do pogroms.