Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433621 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2595 on: August 16, 2018, 09:21:41 pm »
Then you wouldn't get infamy points for it.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: August 16, 2018, 10:07:47 pm »
Checked it. "Bug" appears with other Trophys too.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2597 on: August 16, 2018, 11:02:35 pm »
Yeah, but researched gadgets shouldn`t remain unknown to me.

They're obviously not unknown since you know what it is ;)

But yeah, this is a side effect of making them Specialtype: to keep giving you Infamy even if you researched them.

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: August 17, 2018, 01:21:30 am »
The Humanist Trophy is shown to me as "weird thingy", but I have already researched it.

How about changing the string "Weird things" in the score post-mission screen with "Bounty trophies & weird things found" or something like that? It might not solve the issue completely but should help with the confusion.

niculinux

« Reply #2599 on: August 17, 2018, 08:50:13 pm »
How about changing the string "Weird things" in the score post-mission screen with "Bounty trophies & weird things found" or something like that? It might not solve the issue completely but should help with the confusion.

If i appen to remember correctly, in debriefing screen are labelled "strange teasure seized", fight?

fired up 0.99J5 on win10 and after first month got a segmentation fault!  it happened during a ratmen rodeo (better check these maps) no save this time but logs tells of a generic segfault no no in depth report this time sorry.  :'(

edit: sry forgot to tell: on a distress beacon mission catgirls sprite in battlescape were blue but "inspecting" them by cliking on mousewheel shows them normal, but it was a mission set in a "freezin cold" map, so is that ok?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:19:02 pm by niculinux »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: August 17, 2018, 10:48:35 pm »
edit: sry forgot to tell: on a distress beacon mission catgirls sprite in battlescape were blue but "inspecting" them by cliking on mousewheel shows them normal, but it was a mission set in a "freezin cold" map, so is that ok?
That's normal. A couple enemies have multiple sprite colors, but the Bootypedia article always show the same.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: August 18, 2018, 01:31:32 pm »
Crash to desktop when trying to manufacture poison arrows:

Code: [Select]
[FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Item STR_BOW_H_QUIVER_POISON_XXX not found
[FATAL] Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available
[FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Item STR_BOW_H_QUIVER_POISON_XXX not found
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: August 19, 2018, 12:50:57 am »
Few more bugs (game ver. 99J2)

1. Alliance Advisor can't be healed or given water by other gals. Now, during mission in cold climate (and probably in hot as well) he suffers 1HP/turn of stun damage and since both his hands are permanently occupied, he can't heal it by himself. No one else can help him, so after 30 turns he is down and totaly useless. 

2. Destroyed enemy tanks sometimes don't leave wrecks.

3. During mission with shot down Heavy Freighter I destroyed 6 enemy tanks, looted only 3. Wrecks weren't destroyed in battle. During mission with Terror Ship, I destroyed 4 tanks and looted only 2 wrecks. Is this some rule, bug or bad luck?   

Bugs during raiding enemy base:

4. Sometimes stack of my equipment is spawned on red elevator tile instead of green exit zone. Since this is only raid and I plan to retreat at some point without destroying base, I would have to move everything piece by piece to green tile in order to save it. But this would consume dozens of turns. Option number 2 is to abandon my stuff during retreat. Not really. So, reload.

5. Despite lots of room on upper level in green exit zone sometimes few gals are spawned on lower level. If there is no enemy contact, it is salvageable, but if there is enemy there, they are dead.

6. In case of spawning gals on lower level, my equipment tends to be spawned there as well. See point 4. Reload.     

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: August 19, 2018, 10:17:53 am »

5. Despite lots of room on upper level in green exit zone sometimes few gals are spawned on lower level. If there is no enemy contact, it is salvageable, but if there is enemy there, they are dead.

Just out of curiosity, how many troops are you bringing to these missions ?  I've never had any troops spawn anywhere other than where you would expect them to on any base assaults I've ever done.

niculinux

« Reply #2604 on: August 19, 2018, 01:01:52 pm »
Hey sry just found this on my hd, it's about the .J4 version, in ratmen rodeo map (ratmen village) dogs are able to attack me through a windows is this normal? No save avaiable sorry  :'(

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: August 19, 2018, 01:09:32 pm »
Usually melee works through windows.

niculinux

« Reply #2606 on: August 19, 2018, 01:20:58 pm »
Usually melee works through windows.

Ok thanks. Ah, uodated sav on .J5 between reasearch tooics it os the anchor, already introduced in previous version

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 19, 2018, 05:06:44 pm »
Segmentation fault at mission end. :(

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 19, 2018, 05:59:13 pm »
Just out of curiosity, how many troops are you bringing to these missions ?  I've never had any troops spawn anywhere other than where you would expect them to on any base assaults I've ever done.
Full Zeppelin, 20 gals. But since your troops are always split between two green exit zones, there should be no problem with fitting them there. Single exit zone is big enough for 30 gals, maybe even more.

Regarding Zeppelins, there is pretty nasty bug/design flaw/feature(?!). On the stern of third deck there is upward only elevator next to stack of my equipment (tile with barrel).  You can see through it from inside out and reverse. And what is especially treacherous you can also shoot through it in both directions.  This the one on the right in the screenshot, above engines and my nurse can see enemy through it.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 19, 2018, 06:25:47 pm »
Grenade Launcher FAE ammuntion turned to Napalm ammunition in J5, and now I just cant find it in Manufactoring menus.
Can anyone confirm that its gone?