aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434413 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2580 on: August 15, 2018, 04:46:11 am »
Are you saying that deploying my unit to a place in hangar I marked is a feature? Why ?

Why not? The spawn priority there is low, however. Barracks and radars are preferred. However, if your base is overflowing with defensive units, it will happen. However this ain't a bad attack position...

Are you kidding me? Here is quote from options.cfg:

- active: false
   id: Aliens_Pick_Up_Weapons

It is overridden by mod settings.

I have done countless mission with seductress as main shock troop, just becouse stunned enemies don't pick up weapons. Now you are telling me that they should pick up weapons? Very broken feature, doesn't work 99,99% of time.   

So, according to you, it works, or it doesn't work? Kinda conflicting messages there. And what precisely is broken, because you're quite incoherent there?

Here is one screenshot from city/village map. There is section of fence that doesn't match the rest of fence around that house. It was created after missed shot hit burned ground. When I get again mission "Raynerd must survive" I'll get more screenshots. If you have access to that mission just go to basement and hit floor with pickaxe or try to dig tunnel in the hill slope to the prison wall. After destroying one or two tiles you will encounter indestructible tile. At first hit top third will be gone. After second hit you will destroy middle third of the tile, but third hit instead destroying bottom third actually will restore middle third. And so on ...   

Allright, both found and fixed. Thank you.

I perfectly understand what sorting is. What I don't understand is why sorting from "Training" screen is affecting sorting on "Hands on deck" screen and precombat roster. Sorting on "Training" screen should be separated from other two as it is creating unnecessary mess.

What you don't know is that there is only a single list; the focus is on "Hands" not on various screens that access it. Not sure what do you mean by "mess", maybe try to keep it tidy or something. I certainly wouldn't want them separated, it is very useful that they're not when switching between all these screens.

Right now I am not updating, 99J3 IMO breaks economy too much.

Get used to it...

1. FUBAR numbers in ranged combat chance to hit. You can have chance to hit over 200% and still miss. Twice. If you are using Custom Sniping Rifle. Very rare, but happens. Misses with CTH over 100% are little bit common. 

Engine glitches. Not my authority. Take it to the OXC team. Advice: try to make sure the shot is more or less clear, this happens when the game gets confused over a difficult terrain feature, or a hill slope.

2. FUBAR numbers in melee combat chance to hit. 100% CTH gives you in reality 20-30% of hits. CTH 60-70% gives you real CTH maybe 5%, and you can literally miss 15 times in row.

Yeah you're a victim to a common XCOM player syndromme. Namely, you're exaggerating your inability to hit roughly x2 to x3. Tripling your numbers gives an approximate real odds of hitting; however, this heavily depends on the enemy and facing. Read up on Evasion in-game (basically, these numbers are lowered by enemy Evasion aka melee dodge). Since average Evasion is around 25-30% (higher from the front, lower from the back), 100% CTH gives about 70-75% odds of hitting.

Oh and B T W... You do realize that you can miss 15 times in a row even with a 99% chance, yes?

3. Gals are unable to rotate during melee reaction fire. If they don't face enemy perfectly then there is no reaction fire. Even rotating 45 degrees is too much.

Hardly a bug, more like a lack of feature. This has been discussed countless times. Again, not my authority. Contact OXC or OXCE+ developers.

4. You can't transfer Alliance Advisors between your bases. There is error message that at target base there is no animal cages. But you can transfer Attack Dogs, White Rabbits or Tamed Werewolfs. Or you can go to the target base and buy Advisor from Black Market.

I think this has been fixed already... After J5 comes out, give me a heads-up if this persists.

5. Option "Smooth Bullet Camera" doesn't always work, especially when target is at the edge of the screen or right beyond (I am not talking about edge of the map).     

Yet again, it sounds like an engine problem, not a mod problem. Contact OXC developers.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:07:12 am by Dioxine »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 15, 2018, 11:44:43 am »
Should the large and heavy Painbringer SMG really be an infiltration weapon?

niculinux

« Reply #2582 on: August 15, 2018, 12:31:53 pm »
Should the large and heavy Painbringer SMG really be an infiltration weapon?

Iteresting point, infiltration weapon shoulmbe those 1x1, 2x1 and 2x2

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 15, 2018, 09:28:33 pm »
Humanist Arsenal "UFO" uses wrong tiles for northern and western walls - those cant be be walked upon, or flied through.

edit: Magical Girl isnt consumed upon research, can be used to unlock all of its topics.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:17:12 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2584 on: August 15, 2018, 10:59:05 pm »
edit: Magical Girl isnt consumed upon research, can be used to unlock all of its topics.

She's not supposed to be - why would she?

Humanist Arsenal "UFO" uses wrong tiles for northern and western walls - those cant be be walked upon, or flied through.

Can you picture which ones? They seem ok to me...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:01:43 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 15, 2018, 11:21:13 pm »
She's not supposed to be - why would she?

Can you picture which ones? They seem ok to me...
Sorry, messed up the saves, will do a proper report next time I get there. It just that walls on north and west side (minimap directions) of the building are "unhuggable". Windows work fine, but flyers have to move through roof to a take a peek (or a potshot) in there.
Also Jacks bounty "Double Crossing Dudes" description goes about using only infiltration weapons and armor, but apparently any armor is allowed. Vessel and weapon restriction work fine though. Map is apparently called "Bandit Warehouse".

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #2586 on: August 16, 2018, 01:20:10 am »
Game Crashed at "Burning Town Mission" entering

OpenXCom has crashed: Height of map MAPS/MARSHIP.MAP too big for this mission, block is 7, expected 6
[16-08-2018_00-07-21]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Height of map MAPS/MARSHIP.MAP too big for this mission, block is 7, expected: 6

also:
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P0
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P1
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P2
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P3
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P4
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P5
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P6
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P7
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P8
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P9
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P10
[15-08-2018_23-33-13]   [ERROR]   Failed to load research SNAKEMAN_ARMOR_P11
[16-08-2018_00-07-21]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Height of map MAPS/MARSHIP.MAP too big for this mission, block is 7, expected: 6
[16-08-2018_00-07-21]   [FATAL]   Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2587 on: August 16, 2018, 02:08:22 am »
Sorry, messed up the saves, will do a proper report next time I get there. It just that walls on north and west side (minimap directions) of the building are "unhuggable". Windows work fine, but flyers have to move through roof to a take a peek (or a potshot) in there.

Allright, I think it'll be fixed now.

Also Jacks bounty "Double Crossing Dudes" description goes about using only infiltration weapons and armor, but apparently any armor is allowed. Vessel and weapon restriction work fine though. Map is apparently called "Bandit Warehouse".

You're imprecise. It doesn't say anything about infiltration armor, and has a slightly different list of allowed armors than usual infiltration.

Game Crashed at "Burning Town Mission" entering

Your ship is too big. Conqueror is 7 stories tall and the map is only 6. I'll make the map taller, but go to Cydonia already :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:10:04 am by Dioxine »

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: August 16, 2018, 02:09:14 am »
Gals with the "repentia" rank can't wear pirate clothing. In the ruleset it seems that these gals are a separate soldier type "STR_SOLDIER_R" and are not listed under the relevant armors units: set.

I'm assuming it's a bug because the intro story/bootypedia doesn't say anything about some of the gals not wanting to be pirates, and I don't see any related research topics.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2589 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:53 am »
It's a halloween edition thing. All will be back to the norm with the new release. In short, Repentias are a midgame thing, and they will be explained when you will be able to legally get them.

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 16, 2018, 02:17:42 am »
Ah, so your not supposed to start with them?

niculinux

« Reply #2591 on: August 16, 2018, 02:05:58 pm »
Ah, so your not supposed to start with them?

yes! Can't wait for next relase!!  ;D ;D ;D hey on episode 63 of silencer' playthrough at 0:57 is displayed a vanilla immage of the bootypedia pic of surgery unit once it was researched (there is a floater).

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 16, 2018, 08:01:19 pm »
The Humanist Trophy is shown to me as "weird thingy", but I have already researched it.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 16, 2018, 08:44:18 pm »
Not a bug, afaik it is needed so it can still give you massive infamy.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 16, 2018, 09:16:50 pm »
Yeah, but researched gadgets shouldn`t remain unknown to me.