Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433624 times)

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2565 on: August 13, 2018, 06:01:29 pm »
Next bug in the Cydonia lvl. 2 mission:
The brain didn`t appear. Had to clear the entire map to finish the game.

Sorry for the savegame is at the beginning of the mission.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:08:16 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 13, 2018, 06:17:39 pm »
Bug maybe, but also a RNG thing if the maptile for the brain spawns at all.
Game's done either way so why bother?

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 13, 2018, 06:25:10 pm »
Yeah, but it has something satisfactory, when you can finish off the "boss" of the game.  8)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 13, 2018, 06:41:26 pm »
More a remnant of the old game. Alternative endings are rumored to be in progress.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2569 on: August 13, 2018, 07:21:19 pm »
Oh well, just kill everyone I guess...

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 14, 2018, 04:20:27 am »
Few more bugs (game ver. 99J2):

1. During base defence sometimes one of my gals is spawned in hangar, in room next to north eastern corner. It is usually death sentence for her in the first round.

2. Stunned enemies after waking up are picking up weapons, which directly contradicts options.cfg. On "normal" mission it is extremly rare (2 times), but there was one mission where it was common and enemy even was picking up weapons taken from my gals (Big Ben SMG). It was "xxxx must survive" mission - freeing some mutant agent from Megapol prison.

3. Problems with terrain destruction - after terrain is destroyed to black tile, next hit can actually create something that never was there, like piece of wooden fence. Very rare, I have seen it once. But during mission in Megapol prison these problems are common. When you are trying use pickaxe on that brown terrain surrounding prison, after few hits terrain is created instead being destroyed. This is also possible in prison's basement, where floor is made of brown stuff.

4. Problems with sorting gals on list of hands. After few months of new game gals are listed in order of strenght instead of purchase order (and ID number). This also applies to roster right before tactical battle. I think that it only occurs in bases when dojos are built. I guess it has something to do with fact that gals in dojos train strenght at first and I use option "sort by strenght" when accessing training.                     

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 14, 2018, 04:41:21 am »
1) Bad luck. It happens when a gal gets assigned the spawn node for a friendly tank.

3) Yeah, this is intentional the basement floor is the bottom layer of the map, you wouldn't want to fall through the world now would you?

4) Any sorting always applies to the order in which gals are spawned. If you want to revert to original order select sort by original ID. Any sorting you do in either hands or craft equip screens is remembered across all states. Highest in the list is always given the first player spawn node.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 14, 2018, 03:42:44 pm »
2) Yes the AI will pick up items to keep fighting you. That's intended.
The mission you refer to is "Raynerd must survive" and you're good to go using motion trackers and pickaxes/hammers to get through the doors and walls.
Don't leave stunned enemies alone, carry them around to stockpile them to nullify such an instance.
Pigmen are the only units worth keeping not-dead in this mission.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2573 on: August 14, 2018, 06:20:33 pm »
Few more bugs (game ver. 99J2):

1. During base defence sometimes one of my gals is spawned in hangar, in room next to north eastern corner. It is usually death sentence for her in the first round.

2. Stunned enemies after waking up are picking up weapons, which directly contradicts options.cfg. On "normal" mission it is extremly rare (2 times), but there was one mission where it was common and enemy even was picking up weapons taken from my gals (Big Ben SMG). It was "xxxx must survive" mission - freeing some mutant agent from Megapol prison.

3. Problems with terrain destruction - after terrain is destroyed to black tile, next hit can actually create something that never was there, like piece of wooden fence. Very rare, I have seen it once. But during mission in Megapol prison these problems are common. When you are trying use pickaxe on that brown terrain surrounding prison, after few hits terrain is created instead being destroyed. This is also possible in prison's basement, where floor is made of brown stuff.

4. Problems with sorting gals on list of hands. After few months of new game gals are listed in order of strenght instead of purchase order (and ID number). This also applies to roster right before tactical battle. I think that it only occurs in bases when dojos are built. I guess it has something to do with fact that gals in dojos train strenght at first and I use option "sort by strenght" when accessing training.                   

1. Not a bug, a feature

2. Not a bug, a feature

3. Where? Your report is useless without specifics.

4. You appear to not understand what "sorting" is.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 15, 2018, 12:13:49 am »
1. Not a bug, a feature
Are you saying that deploying my unit to a place in hangar I marked is a feature? Why ?   

2. Not a bug, a feature
Are you kidding me? Here is quote from options.cfg:

- active: false
   id: Aliens_Pick_Up_Weapons

I have done countless mission with seductress as main shock troop, just becouse stunned enemies don't pick up weapons. Now you are telling me that they should pick up weapons? Very broken feature, doesn't work 99,99% of time.   

3. Where? Your report is useless without specifics.

Here is one screenshot from city/village map. There is section of fence that doesn't match the rest of fence around that house. It was created after missed shot hit burned ground. When I get again mission "Raynerd must survive" I'll get more screenshots. If you have access to that mission just go to basement and hit floor with pickaxe or try to dig tunnel in the hill slope to the prison wall. After destroying one or two tiles you will encounter indestructible tile. At first hit top third will be gone. After second hit you will destroy middle third of the tile, but third hit instead destroying bottom third actually will restore middle third. And so on ...   

4. You appear to not understand what "sorting" is.

I perfectly understand what sorting is. What I don't understand is why sorting from "Training" screen is affecting sorting on "Hands on deck" screen and precombat roster. Sorting on "Training" screen should be separated from other two as it is creating unnecessary mess. 

niculinux

« Reply #2575 on: August 15, 2018, 12:23:49 am »
@Vansi: as for poin 1) i have faced nearly 10 base crackdowns in a brand new game on 0.99J4 (jack sparrow mode), and gals always spawned in barrack vaults, radar, mess hall and corridors, i never seen them in an hangar. Maybe you update from an opder version, or pheraps just it's bad luck.

As for point 3) i never saw it, and i play this mod on and off for about 2 years, maybe again a problematic update or a map problem? More likely the second, but I'd try to reinstall it, i've done it sometimes since i had more than once corrupted installations

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 15, 2018, 02:26:33 am »
@Vansi: as for poin 1) i have faced nearly 10 base crackdowns in a brand new game on 0.99J4 (jack sparrow mode), and gals always spawned in barrack vaults, radar, mess hall and corridors, i never seen them in an hangar. Maybe you update from an opder version, or pheraps just it's bad luck.

I am playing on highest difficulty since April and during 10, maybe 15  base defenses it happened to me 3 or 4 times. Right now I am not updating, 99J3 IMO breaks economy too much. I'll update when Reticulans show up and sectoweed will be buyable.

As for point 3) i never saw it, and i play this mod on and off for about 2 years, maybe again a problematic update or a map problem? More likely the second, but I'd try to reinstall it, i've done it sometimes since i had more than once corrupted installations
Outside mission "Raynerd must survive" I saw it only once and it is on that screenshot in my post above. But during mission "Raynerd must survive" terrain bugs I described are common and as soon as I get that mission again (or savegame with it) I'll take screenshots.     

More bugs (game ver. 99J2):

1. FUBAR numbers in ranged combat chance to hit. You can have chance to hit over 200% and still miss. Twice. If you are using Custom Sniping Rifle. Very rare, but happens. Misses with CTH over 100% are little bit common. 

2. FUBAR numbers in melee combat chance to hit. 100% CTH gives you in reality 20-30% of hits. CTH 60-70% gives you real CTH maybe 5%, and you can literally miss 15 times in row.

3. Gals are unable to rotate during melee reaction fire. If they don't face enemy perfectly then there is no reaction fire. Even rotating 45 degrees is too much.

4. You can't transfer Alliance Advisors between your bases. There is error message that at target base there is no animal cages. But you can transfer Attack Dogs, White Rabbits or Tamed Werewolfs. Or you can go to the target base and buy Advisor from Black Market.

5. Option "Smooth Bullet Camera" doesn't always work, especially when target is at the edge of the screen or right beyond (I am not talking about edge of the map).       

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 15, 2018, 02:46:32 am »
What you call chance to hit is not really it, like in modern games. It's an accuracy of your attack. For ranged weapons its more like how tight a cone your bullets will spread. If you miss a lot of 200% attacks in an open field that might be a bug. But if your enemy has a waist high cover or a terrain cover you can hit those instead. Do you "miss" like your bullets go sideways or behind the enemy, or do you hit a terrain piece\cover?
For melee it's the same, it's how accurate you swing, most enemies have reasonably high dodge. Backstabbing helps a lot.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: August 15, 2018, 02:49:53 am »
Snip

1. FUBAR numbers in ranged combat chance to hit. You can have chance to hit over 200% and still miss. Twice. If you are using Custom Sniping Rifle. Very rare, but happens. Misses with CTH over 100% are little bit common. 

2. FUBAR numbers in melee combat chance to hit. 100% CTH gives you in reality 20-30% of hits. CTH 60-70% gives you real CTH maybe 5%, and you can literally miss 15 times in row.
snip

1: this is entirely vanilla behavior. The displayed value is the estimated chance to hit. anything based on the original xcom uses realistic bullet modeling. Accuracy reduces the chances of deviation, by narrowing the cone of fire. But it will always have a chance to go wide. On the other side units are realistic object as well so even a poorly aimed shot can still hit something, particularly if its large.

2: the displayed chance is before a targets melee dodge is accounted for. The engine does not have the capacity to fetch the target in a square and its facing both of which affect how much dodge your dealing with. Attacking someone with significant melee training, or high natural agility from directly in front of them should be difficult. To increase your odds attack from the sides or rear of a unit. 

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 15, 2018, 03:29:47 am »
I am playing on highest difficulty since April and during 10, maybe 15  base defenses it happened to me 3 or 4 times. Right now I am not updating, 99J3 IMO breaks economy too much. I'll update when Reticulans show up and sectoweed will be buyable.

Just on a guess, it sounds like you have more troops than spawn points, and when the enemy has less than full spawn points used your overflow is going into one of the hanger spawn points.  This used to happen to me occasionally on vanilla Xcom on bases where I was training/psi screening way too many troops.