aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434270 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2535 on: August 05, 2018, 05:57:07 pm »
Painbringer is in the proper section (1-handed burst-capable pistols).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: August 05, 2018, 06:48:17 pm »
Or is it?
For a number of reasons (technical limitations, playability), games present you a more condensed world. Even Stalker does it, despite having realistic graphics: although the town of Pripet looks the same as the real deal, its buildings are in fact much smaller.
So even though the tile looks to be around one metre (compared to soldier sprites), they could just as well be three metres, just not represented directly for clarity of graphics. But honestly I wouldn't even try to guess at the exact number, the game doesn't need it and it would probably bring more problems in than it would solve.

Oh sure it not exact, but im saying for at least the low end assumption does make rifles unlimited range, and even a 3m per tile still well within effective range for most full length rifles.

niculinux

« Reply #2537 on: August 05, 2018, 10:28:57 pm »
In 0.99J4, sept 2602, i've unlocked the library but seems all of a sudden i cannot buy stun baton and handle anymore at the black market! Save attached

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: August 06, 2018, 12:24:37 am »
I don't remember the handle to ever be buyable and am not sure about the stun baton. In my game i also can only manufacture both of them.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 06, 2018, 03:45:35 am »
You can only make handles, not buy them.  As for stun batons, I think they're buyable; or was that the cattle prod?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 06, 2018, 03:50:06 am »
Handles and stun batons are build-able not buy-able, prod are purchase only not built.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 06, 2018, 01:05:14 pm »
There is a "Master of <0>" Commendation in the Ufopedia. It showed up properly in the debrief (don't rememeber the full title, though), but  not in the pedia. It's the one you get for killing people with different wapons.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 06, 2018, 11:47:41 pm »
Painbringer SMG doesn't spawn ammunition during Mansion mission, at least the chem one. Chem buckshots spawn so this should also right?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 07, 2018, 06:30:19 am »
There is a "Master of <0>" Commendation in the Ufopedia. It showed up properly in the debrief (don't rememeber the full title, though), but  not in the pedia. It's the one you get for killing people with different wapons.
That's not a bug. The "Master of {0}" condemnation can be given for every available weapon - so in the Bootypedia it's shown with a placeholder instead of cluttering it with a couple hundred (near-)identical entries.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2544 on: August 07, 2018, 01:55:57 pm »
Painbringer SMG doesn't spawn ammunition during Mansion mission, at least the chem one. Chem buckshots spawn so this should also right?

You can check what spawns and what does not with equipment filter ('infiltration'). But yeah, it is a bug.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 07, 2018, 05:56:49 pm »
Is there a way I could fix this in a file somewhere  before it will be patched ?

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: August 07, 2018, 07:30:23 pm »
Is there a way I could fix this in a file somewhere  before it will be patched ?

Edit Piratez.rul with a text editor, and search for the lines:

- type: STR_PAINBRINGER_CLIP_ACID
    categories: [STR_BAT_CAT_CHEM, STR_BAT_CAT_MOSTLY_HARMLESS]

Change that into:

- type: STR_PAINBRINGER_CLIP_ACID
    categories: [STR_BAT_CAT_CHEM, STR_BAT_CAT_INFILTRATION, STR_BAT_CAT_MOSTLY_HARMLESS]

That should do the trick.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 08, 2018, 12:10:26 am »
Thanks, it did.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: August 08, 2018, 01:59:52 pm »
So, I just summoned a Spectre for the first time, and swapped Spectre outfit to Adventurer from Hands submenu, just because I could.
Is she meant to be perfectly fine after coming back from the dead?
edit: tried it again, raised Gal stays a Gal (as in soldier type), instead of being converted to something else.
edit2: I dont really remember if she is a Lunatic, Hand or Warrior if thats at all relevant.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:04:29 pm by Ridаn »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 08, 2018, 03:08:46 pm »
So, I just summoned a Spectre for the first time, and swapped Spectre outfit to Adventurer from Hands submenu, just because I could.
Is she meant to be perfectly fine after coming back from the dead?
edit: tried it again, raised Gal stays a Gal (as in soldier type), instead of being converted to something else.
edit2: I dont really remember if she is a Lunatic, Hand or Warrior if thats at all relevant.

I don't know if it was intended to be able to swap out of the spectre outfit, but this behavior is correct according to the ruleset; any dead hand allowed to undergo this transformation is turned into a "Hand" with the spectre armor.