Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433607 times)

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2505 on: July 31, 2018, 08:34:54 pm »
Got a strange bug:
I turned on the option, that landed vessels will be told to me.
But often enough I can`t see any vessel on the screen, when the message comes.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: July 31, 2018, 08:50:57 pm »
It is possible due to the way radar functions for a craft to still be tracked past the edge of your detection area. Radar only checks every half hour of geoscape clock, so something can leave range and still be reported on until the next check. 

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 01, 2018, 03:56:29 am »
Bug with Ufo trajectory. Ufo is supposed to land (trajectory P3) but just vanishes. Save attached.

Reloading an earlier save with the Ufo choosing a different flight path will have it land just fine.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2508 on: August 01, 2018, 09:48:43 am »
I found a spot in the jungle where I hear random sounds when my gal stops in a particular area, a few tiles around where the screenshot shows the currently selected gal. Included the save in order to demonstrate. This is in version 0.99J4.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2509 on: August 01, 2018, 12:51:41 pm »
Sounds like you're using outdated files... but I will check it.

Edit: found it, fixed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:08:28 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

« Reply #2510 on: August 01, 2018, 05:50:00 pm »
in 0.99j4 during the infested cellar mission seems like im stuck, there is a pickaxe, i grabbed it bu cannot figure how to dig to reach and bag those damn rats! I tried to hit around the map, but no results :( It's a bug in the map or what?

Edit: in the meantime, i flee, and in a bounty lvl D mission (free city - traitor's at large) seems airbus has landed in a middle of a building and cannot reach enemy! Luckily i have an assault cannon with exp cannonbaòò onboard, i'll trry
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:28:29 pm by niculinux »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: August 01, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »
To use a pickax you need to be standing adjacent to the wall you wish to break, and fairly often you have to force fire(ctrl click) on the desired tile.

niculinux

« Reply #2512 on: August 01, 2018, 11:29:33 pm »
To use a pickax you need to be standing adjacent to the wall you wish to break, and fairly often you have to force fire(ctrl click) on the desired tile.
got the point, destroyd some blocks on the very left side of the map, but still blocked  :'(

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 01, 2018, 11:53:46 pm »
At one point, you get 'bughunt'-mode to help you find the rats. They glow as blue dots on the map.
The dungeon only has 2 floors it should be doable to hack through the walls with some time and effort.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 01, 2018, 11:57:41 pm »
got the point, destroyd some blocks on the very left side of the map, but still blocked  :'(
Map blocks are square and the middle has the enemies. So try to dig toward that, not the very border.

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: August 02, 2018, 01:07:24 am »
I've hit another bug, this time regarding the transfer of beasts between bases.

The setup is having a big base, and a small base with no storage but just a good ol' burrow. Then, transfer some beasts from your big base to the small base.

The game will let me transfer the beasts without checking the storage space in the destination base. Therefore, it will reserve some space (64 units) of storage even though the burrow offers only 25 units of storage. Then, at the next hour tick the game checks the storage limits and prompts me to sell some booty... but I cannot sell nor transfer the beasts because they're still in transit. As there is nothing else in the small base, the game soft-locks.

In the attached save, see how my Australia base is waiting for some tamed reapers in 15 hours. When the in-game clock reaches 18:00, the bug appears. In the attached screenshot, see how the storage space shows up as (64:25) but there are no items in the base.

I'm using 0.99J4.

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 02, 2018, 01:52:06 am »
I just noticed that Evil Grass™ appears on missions regarding a Church temple on the wilderness.

I know that, internally, a Church temple is a 20x30 ""ship"", and that Evil Grass™ appears on whole 10x10 beneath any ship. But anyway, the Bootypedia entry for evil grass mentions that it becomes a nuisance when "disturbed by the landing of a ship". In the attached screenshot, notice how the movement across the grassy area at the side of the church footpath costs 8 per tile.

Evil Grass™ on Church temples makes sense according to the internals of the game... but it makes no sense if we are to believe the lore. Unless the Church has a tendency to plop down temples with a gigantic sky-crane helicopter.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 02, 2018, 01:54:20 am »
small category bug: handcannon and the arcane rounds are still tagged as plasma, same for merdian's auto gun.

Offline rezaf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: August 03, 2018, 04:35:26 pm »
I suddently started facing missing strings every now and then.
For example, currently it's STR_ESOTECICA and STR_NEC_001 in research projects - I just researched STR_VOICES_OF_THE_DEAD.
I can also buy STR_EXPEDITION_RESEARCH on the black market.
I think the first ones I encountered were STR_PEASANT_ARMOR_LEGION_UC and STR_PIRATE_SWASHBUCKLER_UC.
Can I do anything to fix that?

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: August 03, 2018, 04:53:25 pm »
I suddently started facing missing strings every now and then.
For example, currently it's STR_ESOTECICA and STR_NEC_001 in research projects - I just researched STR_VOICES_OF_THE_DEAD.
I can also buy STR_EXPEDITION_RESEARCH on the black market.
I think the first ones I encountered were STR_PEASANT_ARMOR_LEGION_UC and STR_PIRATE_SWASHBUCKLER_UC.
Can I do anything to fix that?

Any details? Version, savedata, logs?