Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434274 times)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #660 on: July 06, 2016, 04:25:50 pm »
Clicking 'use left hand item' of the parrot causes the game to freeze. (The 'item' is just a blank space.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #661 on: July 06, 2016, 04:43:02 pm »
It's actually an item with no function. I can add some pseudo-function to it (like 'regain energy for TU'), or wait for someone to fix this in game code.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 06, 2016, 05:03:34 pm »
Clicking 'use left hand item' of the parrot causes the game to freeze. (The 'item' is just a blank space.)

The game doesn't freeze. It generates an empty action menu and awaits instructions... since you can't select any action for that weapon/item, you can cancel and continue either by right-clicking or by pressing Q (or whatever hotkey you have for left hand action).

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 06, 2016, 05:14:01 pm »
Ah. Fair enough. I thought it might be something like that, but I didn't think to try right-click... I just tried esc, and clicking other stuff.

A 'rest' command (to convert TU to stamina) might be nice. But really, pretty much anything would be good enough to correct the problem. eg. a button that says "nothing" and does nothing. Or even a weapon that has a 'snap shot', with zero range - just so that doesn't look like nothing is happening.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #664 on: July 06, 2016, 05:36:22 pm »
Poop:
Falls down immediately, does 15 Special damage to target's morale. No damage to armour.

;D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #665 on: July 10, 2016, 05:06:40 pm »
I came across an interesting mission that may be glitched or bugged. 

My hyperwave decoders detected a Pogrom Wave by Church forces conducting a Pogrom in "Somewhere."  I remember at least 2 fighters and a terror ship scouting Alaska, then the second terrorship scouted Alaska, then bee-lined for Cuba and popped the Pogrom.  I geared up the Bonny and sent them to it, and upon arrival, had a Crash to Desktop before the briefing screen.  I had saved right before, so I reloaded, changed something minor (intercepted another ship while on the way there) and got a successful mission start  (No CTD). 

I popped my snipers out of the top, had a good sight line on a Church Neophyte and took him out.  This immediately ended the mission, as he was the ONLY ENEMY.

As a side note, this earned all the gals the most difficult commendations of the Mutant Alliance Tattoo for "saving all the civilians in a Pogrom."  Soldier Diaries calls this a "STR_TERROR_MISSION_NO_PENALTY" so if these missions are going to be a standard feature we should think about deprecating this commendation.  Normally this would require a huge amount of luck and skill.  Luck in the map and location of enemy (where you can get at them, and they can't get at the civilians), and the skill of being able to storm out and overwhelm all the attackers.

Anyway, back to the Neophyte Pogrom.  I reloaded the save to see if I could get another CTD.  I couldn't, so I suspect some map generation funniness.  I have the Neophyte in sight with Mutterin Predator.  He didn't take any hostile actions in the last turn so he may be unarmed.  save= "NeophytePogrom"
I'll attach the Geoscape save too="pogrom in cuba"

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #666 on: July 10, 2016, 07:48:07 pm »
Arg must be a texture error... These no-penalty pogroms are more trouble coding than they're worth :/

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 10, 2016, 09:52:42 pm »
Would it be possible to just, I don't know. Not generate the progroms until the research is done then? Likely just as fucky but maybe cutting things off at the root is better if there's a way.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #668 on: July 10, 2016, 10:05:41 pm »
No, I got this. The default (before race choice) enemy mob spawn was defined for a single man (test purposes). Will be fixed.

EDIT: somehow the missions spawned in wrong Regions. The ship Pogrom (you talk about) got spawned in region_cities, somehow, while the distress Pogrom spawned in hello_world. Looks like these regions got selected randomly off the general list, despite having set regionweight to zero. WTF?

EDIT2: ah yeah. For a Pogrom, if region list is omitted, all regions will be weighed equally. Need to fix that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:40:57 am by Dioxine »

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 11, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »
Is there a sensible way to check if errors have already been reported? I don't fancy reading dozens of pages to check.

MORTAR_FAUX has its accuracy as 110, so the mortar's second ammo Bootypaedia entry is wrong.

FLAMETHROWER_LR has experienceTrainingMode 9 (throwing), which should presumably be 6 like the other flamethrowers. Despite the name they shouldn't really train throwing.

PLATE_MAIL costs 6000 runt-hours to make, which is order of magnitude higher than similar armours.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #670 on: July 11, 2016, 04:09:30 pm »
Bug, inconsistency, intended. Thanks. Also no, there isn't a way. Major bugfixes top every update list, but minor bugs are usually unreported. However don't hestitate to post anything you think is a bug, I as a rule don't release a new version until all previous (known to me) bugs are fixed.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #671 on: July 11, 2016, 04:35:11 pm »
PLATE_MAIL costs 6000 runt-hours to make, which is order of magnitude higher than similar armours.

I'll just weigh in here on this one.  The cost is high because Platemail (with Shield) is such a game-changer.  It turns early missions into milk runs.  I've taken to soloing runabouts and cutters with one gal in the Shark Jetbike, day or night.  Pistols, machine guns, shotguns, and most rifles won't even dent the armor.  Ate a grenade on another mission without damage.  So the requirements for Rare Earth and Long construction are there to try to ensure that its not just an instant freebie upgrade. :)

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 13, 2016, 09:02:13 pm »
Both portable lascannon clip manufacture strings say (6*5), but you only get four shots from each clip.

Bonnaventura Bootypaedia description refers to it as "Yer ol' trusty boat", which is no longer true given changes to the early game. but I gather you're re-doing that anyway.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:18 am »
CTD at base defense.

Save attached. (X-PirateZ 0.99 with OXCE 3.1+ including Ivan's commendations remix)

Code: [Select]
[13-07-2016 23:09:56] [ERROR] Map Script not found
[13-07-2016 23:09:57] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: code 0xc0000005

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 14, 2016, 04:51:05 am »
Recently Reinstalled everything for 0.99, and then put everything up for OXCE 3.1 (inc. Datafiles)

1) If I play Custom Base "ON" - then when placing said initial base, it doesn't 'limit' or 'finish' the selections...  I filled the entire base section with Corridors as the option to place them never 'turned off', and is the same for all of them

(Of course, I just turned Custom base 'OFF' and continued playing)

2) Seem to have a hiccup in the Inventory Screen...  The "Save Inventory" and "Paste Inventory" seems to only save the guns in hands, and doesn't seem to be working for any equipment in belts for me....

Of course, I will state that its entirely possible that I screwed up somewhere, but things are at least otehrwise playable.