aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434753 times)

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2805 on: September 22, 2018, 03:33:06 am »
Game version 99J6b , OXCE 4.0

Old bug, I have seen it in 99J2, but forgot about it. Amount of animals (like attack dogs) that I can buy, is not limited by burrow/beast den capacity, but by animal's size and storage capacity. So I can have 95 dogs (even more if I purge storage) in base with single beast den.   

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2806 on: September 22, 2018, 06:38:59 am »
You can edit the STR_SNAKEMAN_TERROR in the save file, but I can't say for sure what race to replace it with. Should be safe to replace it with any race that appears earlier in the month though. Dioxine could tell you the best fit.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2807 on: September 22, 2018, 07:14:27 am »
I think I put a warning about this, but it was awfully long time ago, J3 maybe? It fixes itself by the new month anyway. Wow what a blast from the past.
And Vansi, please stop spamming bug tread with your boring "economy problems" and philosophical remarks about what is pure piratey waifu and what is impure waifu. Pirates do not sow... ever heard about Vikings, dude? (if reply, please do in another tread).

About the dog bug, well, I cannot do anything about it maybe except removing doges. You can honorably keep the number of the doges in check or cheat like crazy, your choice.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #2808 on: September 22, 2018, 05:07:27 pm »
There is something fishy going on with space limits for beasts - those that use both burrow/den space and vaults space.

I've had some weird UI issues when I think I captured too many werewolves, or my reaper got stunned and counted as loot or something like that. Unfortunately, I lost that savegame. But it's something to look into sometime.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: September 22, 2018, 05:12:11 pm »
I think beasts always count as loot after base defence, at least it seems so.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2810 on: September 22, 2018, 05:26:43 pm »

If I understand correctly slaves increase storage capacity and courtesans bring some profit, but in the end it not good investment. Did versions after 99J2 changed something ?     

Slaves also provide profit equivalent to their storage.  ie a slave that provides 1 storage space also provides 1,000 per month.   In low numbers it doesn't make a huge impact but it can help as slave numbers pile up.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 22, 2018, 11:06:10 pm »
There is something fishy going on with space limits for beasts - those that use both burrow/den space and vaults space.

Yes, it seems so:

I purchased some Attack Dogs and Blood Hounds on a base without any Burrow or similar. After the base was attacked, the game prompted for me to move said animals as there was no kennel space for them.

I sold them and bough new ones.  :)

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: September 23, 2018, 02:10:53 am »
Game version 99J6b , OXCE 4.0

There is some weird bug in my current tactical battle. Gals are moving without spending TUs. First it is shown in path indicator and later confirmed as they move.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #2813 on: September 23, 2018, 03:09:42 am »
Yes, it seems so:

I purchased some Attack Dogs and Blood Hounds on a base without any Burrow or similar. After the base was attacked, the game prompted for me to move said animals as there was no kennel space for them.

I sold them and bough new ones.  :)

Lol  ;D  :D
it resembles me a ..real-life, (politics, /byroucratics,  /firms-corporates aspects of real-lifes.. you know, all those ..formalism, "pro-forma", etc..

( tsechise, czechisch "sweikism" )

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #2814 on: September 23, 2018, 04:13:37 am »
@Vansi
hmn..  moving secvention ..{26~20-20~16},

{8-4-4-4-0}

..it seems abit alike some ..overbuffer'ed variable, stack-buffer overflow..

btw. your english is very fine, alot better than mine..

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: September 26, 2018, 06:16:32 pm »
As Dioxines reaction seems to imply that it is a bug I'll post it here: I didn't have to research trophies to be able to produce tokens with them. I'll attach the save from the month after researching the brass badge, so someone else can check with the new trophies from those missions.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2816 on: September 26, 2018, 06:31:37 pm »
I just confirmed that: all the projects that require an item BUT have 0 research cost (like trophies) are auto-completed along with your next research (IF you have the item). Not sure yet what to do with this - it is a bug in the sense it wasn't intended, and is caused by the new internal logic of the game I was unaware of. Also you will not see the research articles on completion. But it isn't a bug in the sense of breaking anything. I will think on how to handle it best.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: September 26, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »
I'm getting a lot of crashes during Reticulan missions. All the cases are when blowing them up with Rocket Launcher. On reload and doing the same action someitmes work sometimes it crashes.

After writing that I had a crash when opening the Reticulan UFO door.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:05:17 am by silencer_pl »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2818 on: September 27, 2018, 10:35:33 am »
I tried the save, killed all reticulans with heavy use of Launchers, no crashes for me...

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 27, 2018, 01:45:33 pm »
Like I said it's not always happening but it happens. Check the log I've attached.