aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1418251 times)

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #2775 on: September 19, 2018, 08:42:34 pm »
The More Cars and Tanks sub-mod is incompatible with Android version of OXCE 4.05379d75. Having it turned on causes OXCE to drop into folder select screen upon startup and it has to be disabled in options.cfg to start OXCE again.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2776 on: September 19, 2018, 09:13:24 pm »
Okay time to back off, FOR EVERYONE. This is obviously going nowhere but more insults. Keep to reasonable and constructive discussion.

Well I think there can be no constructive discussion when I'm criticized for things I have no influence on, because Vanilla Compatibility, like what a panicked soldier does, or how reactions can be trained (the last one is no longer fully true due to the new transformations system, but whatever).
I won't be even beating dead horses, explaining how handheld nukes were made to give F.U.N. to supply ship farmers and they almost never appear elsewhere etc. because these things are self apparent and obviously the critic isn't even attempting to adress my explanations.
But when such things happen, it usually means the critic has run out of live ammo and tries everything and anything, including my "past history of behaviour" of which I am proud of, and other sloppy attempts at insults.

Also by the way. Adressing maybe the only valid point. The cost of losing a gal I don't find high at all, and the panic spirals are more or less limited to when you're camping while trying to go for full capture at the same time, or during mop-up phase when it's inconsequential. You can protest all you want, but this is based on observation of hundreds of combats, fought by a number of different players. There could be some untested areas in J6, since the morale system was gutted, but we will polish that out.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:22:04 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 20, 2018, 12:04:35 am »
Another bug from 99J2.

There is cyberdisc on the slope, right outside middle door. No matter what, I can't hit it in melee, or rather I can hit it, but it is invulnerable to damage. Vibro blade makes sound like attack connected, but there is no damage to HP or armor. Nurse has mind probe.
I also noticed that vibro blade and vibro sword produce different sounds during attack. And there is no difference in sound when vibro sword hits or miss. Its kinda messy. 
VB miss - no sound
VB hit - sound 1
VS miss - sound 2
VS hit - sound 2

Save file attached.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 20, 2018, 01:58:52 am »
And if you think there can be no constructive discourse, why respond? Either way, 3 days of you both hurling increasing amounts of vitriol at each other is quite sufficient. At the very least take it off the bug thread if it must continue.

Regarding the cyberdisk on a hill, are you sure that not just rolling poorly? Ctrl-H will bring up a report on your last hit. If that output is consistently zero there is an issue.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:03:37 am by legionof1 »

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 20, 2018, 04:53:32 am »
I reloaded several times, checked it with mind probe and even sended gal in blitz armor to attack other cyberdiscs. Despite her rather poor stats, she was able to inflict damage on those levitating ones.   

EDIT:
It is not about missing. It about hitting and not inflicting any damage by several gals during maybe 5 reloads, around 100 hits in total, maybe even more.     
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:59:17 am by Vansi »

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2780 on: September 20, 2018, 08:32:12 am »
What weapons are you using, Vansi? Those cyberdiscs are not easy to damage without powerful weapons.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 20, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »
Not really a bug, but it is Piroman in the research tree and Pyroman in the bootypedia for the slave armor. It is still the Piroman Shield in the Bootypedia though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:41:52 pm by Rince Wind »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2782 on: September 20, 2018, 02:56:24 pm »
Problems with hitting enemies on slopes/stairs with melee (or actually not hitting them, despite sound indication kicking in) keeps resurfacing from time to time. I guess someone has to have a look at it. Does it persist if you upgrade to the newest OXCE+? (4.0 to be precise)

Oh and btw melee weapons do not make any sound when they miss. So a hit is always audible.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:01:42 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 20, 2018, 06:45:03 pm »
What weapons are you using, Vansi? Those cyberdiscs are not easy to damage without powerful weapons.
It is right in post there... Vibro blade and vibro sword. And cyberdisc has only
Spoiler:
armor on all sides. 

Problems with hitting enemies on slopes/stairs with melee (or actually not hitting them, despite sound indication kicking in) keeps resurfacing from time to time. I guess someone has to have a look at it. Does it persist if you upgrade to the newest OXCE+? (4.0 to be precise)

I can try 99J6b to see what happens. Is this version good enough? 

Oh and btw melee weapons do not make any sound when they miss. So a hit is always audible.

I am pretty sure that vibro sword ALWAYS makes sound, but I'll check that again. 

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2784 on: September 20, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »
I can try 99J6b to see what happens. Is this version good enough? 

You can use whatever version, just try newest OXCE+; it's usually backwards-compatible (but not always).

I am pretty sure that vibro sword ALWAYS makes sound, but I'll check that again.

There is no reason for that I can see in the files.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #2785 on: September 20, 2018, 07:36:55 pm »
I'm pretty sure there was a sound for a miss, much like hearing a staff moving quickly through air.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: September 20, 2018, 07:42:50 pm »
There's a default melee "swing" sound for every time you use a melee weapon, then an additional sound that only plays on melee hit.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: September 20, 2018, 10:11:05 pm »
Vibro sword is not bugged. Gal with low melee skill was attacking cyberdisc and hitting every time just probably because that is big target with low evasion, and she got considerable bonus to cth that is not reflected in shown cth.

--- posts merged ---

Is it enough to copy only .exe file to test this bug with cyberdisc on OXCE 4.0 ? Or everything what is there?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:11:16 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2788 on: September 20, 2018, 11:11:45 pm »
You also need to copy the "standard" and "common" folders.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: September 21, 2018, 01:24:01 am »
You also need to copy the "standard" and "common" folders.

Ok, thanks, it worked.

So, in OXCE 4.0 bug, which is preventing cyberdisc on the slope from taking damage from melee attacks, still exist. But shooting works.

BTW... Dioxine, I could upgrade to current version long time ago. I was complaining that 99J3 killed my economy by including sectoweed into medical supplies recipe. And I didn't had any sectoweed. I had to wait until Reticulans arrive, so I could research Reticulan Contactcs and buy sectoweed on black market... All I needed was smallest of hints, that I can research that without any Reticulans actually showing up!