aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433550 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1890 on: October 29, 2017, 05:36:01 pm »
The laslock shotgun is an infiltration-weapon but not the ammo for it. :3

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1891 on: October 30, 2017, 01:33:29 pm »
Ooops, sorry :)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 30, 2017, 08:14:40 pm »
Not a big deal. Just a neat tool for non-mansion infiltration missions due to the small clipsize.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 30, 2017, 09:04:18 pm »
I get some visual glitches with large creatures, don't know if it's the game or my crappy computer.

I also noticed that there is a limit of 5 for rags, with no obvious way to get more, and lore indicating that they should be available in infinite numbers.  I don't really use rags, so it's not a problem for me, but I felt I should bring it up.

Offline SquirrelofNukes

• Sergeant
  • I am way to young to know about X-COM/UFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 31, 2017, 12:21:44 am »
Pardon me

I have some trouble with installation. I've looked at everything, and installed, but when I start it up it'll crash right then...
running mac os maverick

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 31, 2017, 12:46:03 pm »
I get some visual glitches with large creatures, don't know if it's the game or my crappy computer.

I also noticed that there is a limit of 5 for rags, with no obvious way to get more, and lore indicating that they should be available in infinite numbers.  I don't really use rags, so it's not a problem for me, but I felt I should bring it up.

Yeah some large creatures and even tanks look a bit glitchy as they climb ramps. As long as they look pretty during your turn this is just a question of sprites. Nothing gamebreaking right?

In my current campaign (updated in between from H1 to H2) I can't use rags at all anymore.
The 'armor' is now tied to the item "Smelly Rags" and you only get 5 of those for your starting base. Can't see how to get more but not really necessary and 1 smelly rag is all you need if you wish to use the Jellyfish.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 31, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »
Pardon me

I have some trouble with installation. I've looked at everything, and installed, but when I start it up it'll crash right then...
running mac os maverick
The answer is plain and simple: Mac doesnt support .gif

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 31, 2017, 05:58:23 pm »
"Escape Tower" spawned me a map without a dedicated 'tower' this time and instead scattered the enemies across a urban block map. I'd love to point out that the noble woman/ human mage and thier voodoo are quite overpowered for my taste.

They need no own LOS to oneshot hands with 90 health. Is there something fundamentally broken with this mission?

Save is attached, you only need to run into line of sight of anyone that's not the noble woman in the northwest corner and end turn.
The voodoo attack (if it hits and that's very likely) oneshots the gal.

There's no enemy craft and tower on this map and no green safety area.
To legally win you've to dodge LOS of every single enemy or quickly kill/ k.o. the noble woman.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:17:38 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 01, 2017, 12:58:56 pm »
Crash when equipping the bike armor - pressing OK. Hand in question is in the devastator with 4 free slots available. Attaching log, but I don't see any specific errors there.

EDIT: that's when equipping through the inventory menu. If equipped through armor menu and assigned to craft, hand does not even show up in inventory.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:06:27 pm by Mechanique »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 01, 2017, 02:49:43 pm »
Crash when equipping the bike armor - pressing OK. Hand in question is in the devastator with 4 free slots available. Attaching log, but I don't see any specific errors there.

EDIT: that's when equipping through the inventory menu. If equipped through armor menu and assigned to craft, hand does not even show up in inventory.

The hand is still on the craft if bike armor is equipped through the armor screen, and their inventory will be available in the pre-mission equip screen. This is a known bug, fixed in the nightly EXE, we're just waiting for that to be merged to OXCE+. The first crash you mention could be missing mod resources, an engine bug, or some discrepancy in the ruleset; I'll look at it.

In the future, a save file with instructions to reproduce the bug is infinitely more useful than the openxcom.log file alone.

Edit: The crashing when equipping the bike armor is related to the bug that was fixed in the nightly - in order to get that inventory screen at the base, a 'fake' battlescape is created and your gals are placed on it.  However, it's too small for 2x2 units/armors, so those aren't placed, which is the reason why you don't see the bike's inventory when equipping from the armor screen first.  When you try to equip from the inventory screen and press 'OK,' the engine tries to reset the positions of all the gals in the fake battlescape, but crashes because it tries to place the bike on a tile that doesn't exist since it's too big.

Long story short, just equip the bike from the armor screen and wait to fill that gal's inventory until just before battle.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 02, 2017, 04:44:43 pm »
STR_ZOMBIE_SADAKO_TERRORIST: 1

Just in case anyone downed a Strix-Zombie (delivering stun damage and depleting the HP below stun-level without killing = doesn't go boom) but got no live speciment.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 02, 2017, 09:49:53 pm »
Durning Loknars village defense I dont see their paperdoll when clicked with MMB - only their weapons.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 03, 2017, 12:08:05 am »
Durning Loknars village defense I dont see their paperdoll when clicked with MMB - only their weapons.

The Lokk'Nar's have no paperdoll right now. Not a bug, just no actual 'picture' for the sprite.

Edit: Dunno what's wrong with the Strix-Z but it seems like this particular Zombie can fall K.O. (stundamage through electric or daze) and delivering cutting damage thereafter but instead of shifting into the correct 'item' it turns to a corpse.
Maybe that's the issue here. (I also stop mentioning it now^^)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:14:49 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 05, 2017, 01:36:06 am »
Minor text bugs:
STR_SHOOTA_MK3_UFOPEDIA Two mentions of same damage bonus with the long belt.
STR_BLOWPIPE_UFOPEDIA Two spaces near '400%'
STR_FLAMETHROWER_UFOPEDIA Semicolon after 'reload'
STR_SAKURA_STAFF_UFOPEDIA abandoned ')' after 0.024

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 07, 2017, 10:48:21 am »
The blood rituals mission isn't spawning the altar thingy or any of the random stuff that's normally scattered around it including the castaway you can rescue.  Also some, not all, of the new castaway rescue missions aren't spawning the building that's supposed to be there.  You can see the square where it's supposed to spawn on the map though.