Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1435049 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1860 on: September 23, 2017, 09:42:07 am »
@Meridian
There commit that speedup 2x research checks: https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/commit/226a404f1e4423a06023fe52b2e86736bf24ba91
Biggest grain is from sorting, probably another refactoring could increases this again 2x, but I will leave it for another time.

Sorting??

How can sorting take so much time? Sorting is n*log_n operation, should basically take no time on lists with only a couple of thousands of entries, no?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: September 23, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »
I added sorting to improve speed not other way around. With this I could do binary search for positions in vectors.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1862 on: September 23, 2017, 06:52:39 pm »
2) have no idea how to do that, the only paperdolls ive seen for them are the ones referenced in bootypedia splashes

M-click on enemy. This is of course explained in the "hotkeys" article, if one cares to read.

niculinux

« Reply #1863 on: September 24, 2017, 08:31:53 pm »
In o.99H1 some rtmen rodeo maps need to be checked, sometimes i stumble across palmas in fron of doors  :'( see attachment

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:48 pm »
In o.99H1 some rtmen rodeo maps need to be checked, sometimes i stumble across palmas in fron of doors  :'( see attachment

Yeah ive had this problem and I almost thought it was intentional. But nobody would build a door right in front of a palm tree such that it couldnt be opened, which suggests this is a bug. Normally solved by taking a weapon that does 40+ damage and blowing a hole in the fence next to it, but it still fits the impassable bush trope.

(its too bad also that entire trees, light posts, and structures cant collapse like they do in xcom apocalypse when you blow out their support... but it is quite abit to ask for this oldstyle game system, an acceptable suspension of disbelief)

I would like to also add that in the Goblin Zaxx tomb raider hunt It Is Possible to get a starting zone that has no cavern entrances to the rest of the complex!

I dont know how likely this is because it only happened once to me, and just last night. I was spawned in the extreme upper left corner of the map, and the map block just to the right of it had no entrances (not even the little nooks on either side). I didn't take a screenshot or save of it (sorry).

My gals were armed with Harpoon Carbines/Tranq for catching the tomb runners but we didnt have anything heavy except hellerium grenades (dunno how hard those walls are to break, I just generally assume anything like that is indestructible - in vanilla the solid stone tiles had 255 armor).

What made things worse is that even though I Evac'd from the map with no loot whatsoever... I was forced to go all the way back to base without deviating course... and I missed a nice air combat opportunity because of it on the way back.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 25, 2017, 12:27:29 am »
It is possible to break the stone walls.  I had a situation where the last two enemies were blocked off, so I used a max strength gal with a hammer to bust it open.  It took a while, since it sometimes took three tries to get a good damage roll and the walls had 'damaged' states before they were completely destroyed, but it is possible.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:54 am »

I would like to also add that in the Goblin Zaxx tomb raider hunt It Is Possible to get a starting zone that has no cavern entrances to the rest of the complex!

Doesn't it say in the desc. that you should bring a hammer or a pickaxe with you?

niculinux

« Reply #1867 on: September 25, 2017, 03:40:28 pm »
and always in 0.99H1 after havin interrogated a Govt. Agent. i got as result "Conversion", a misison from the Church, don't know if it's normal  :-\

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: September 25, 2017, 03:43:56 pm »
Been it laziness or dumb luck I have 1x hammer and 1x pickaxe in every dropship just in case I run into one of those situations.
It's no big deal to have the item sit back in your craft waiting to be picked up just for this one obstacle preventing your success.

Ofc once you've badass weaponry those tools become more or less obsolete but they'll get replaced either with a spare mining laser or a fusion torch.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: September 26, 2017, 02:55:16 am »
Doesn't it say in the desc. that you should bring a hammer or a pickaxe with you?

Been it laziness or dumb luck I have 1x hammer and 1x pickaxe in every dropship just in case I run into one of those situations.

I must have skimmed over it or thought it was just a tongue in cheek flavor text. Also I dont even have these items anymore (ill have to make some I guess). Like the assault cannon I just sold these things early on, like 3rd month and never looked back.

(next thing youll tell me is the shovel is actually useful for digging, or something)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1870 on: September 28, 2017, 08:43:02 am »
I must have skimmed over it or thought it was just a tongue in cheek flavor text.

There is too little space for the luxury of meaningless text. Looks like some people have trouble even if it's spelled black-on-white for them, I can't help with that.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 29, 2017, 12:04:24 pm »
There is no other use for captured Lokk'Naar Villager from Bounty hunting mission than selling him for the money? No research?

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 29, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »
He could give you a topic that granted you negative score because your mission wasn't to capture him, if that's what you want. % )

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: October 01, 2017, 10:21:36 pm »
There is no other use for captured Lokk'Naar Villager from Bounty hunting mission than selling him for the money? No research?

He could give you a topic that granted you negative score because your mission wasn't to capture him, if that's what you want. %

Yeah but then you'd only get hit with it once, though it could be a whopper (ie, everyone knows you're the kinda gals that will kill for loansharks, and you just cant amend that publicity). I guess it could be engineered with several research topics that each hit you but they all require a dead lokknar villager and requiresitem/destroyitem, so that the next progression in that tree doesn't get reached until another dead one is acquired (however this could be allowed to get nasty since it could impose missions to start up against you, and/or the amount of negative publicity could accelerate rather than be a flat penalty each time).

Those maps usually have 2 lokknar farmers though not one. Ive accidentally killed one because he was too close to the barn when the satchel charge went off, but the other one was still alive so the map didn't end immediately.

Using a research route like that however, if you only subdued the farmers they wouldn't die thus wouldn't produce the corpses (Goblin Zaxx does say not to kill, he says nothing about subduing them). But it would still end the mission since there would be no remaining enemies.

Makes me think there needs to be some Camo 1/1 fraidycat flying critter with invincibility that hides in the corner of the map, just to keep the foot in the door for the mission.

Offline FiendishDrWu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: October 03, 2017, 12:22:53 am »
3 small bugs I've seen, none of them very serious.

- The Siberia mission showed up on the 29th of a month; I ignored it until the 11th of the next month and then fought and won it.  Later that month, it showed up again

- Magical girl isn't consumed after being researched.  (Is this intentional?)

- After finishing the Hellerium Fuel Capsule research, I was shown the "What's the deal with the tiny drill?" Bootypedia page.