Author Topic: Area 51 - General Feedback thread  (Read 174919 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Area 51 - General Feedback thread
« Reply #1185 on: July 17, 2016, 08:28:20 am »
That map had a floor where walking over it made gunfire sounds.

Fixed, will be added to the download links tomorrow, thanks :)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 18, 2016, 07:21:10 am »
Few more map nitpicks.  There's a misplaced staircase in the slums map (pics attached), though you can still somehow climb it anyway.

Also I came across a terror map (one of the urban ones, might be snow) where a staircase was replaced by a vending machine, but for the life of me I can't find it again.

I also don't get the biolab.  The SE area of the map always seems to be isolated from the rest of the map.  Is that intentional?

Finally, something weird about crashed UFO maps.  I generated UFO maps over and over in New Battle, and most of the time crashed UFOs still have intact power sources.  Or sometimes even no power sources at all.  I'm not entirely sure if this mod (the only one I'm running actually, I have no other mods except for the OpenXcom defaults) or the nightly itself is causing this.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 18, 2016, 07:27:53 am »
Here, these specific stairs were the ones that got replaced.  But as you can see, they look fine here.

I swear though, I saw a vending machine there instead so I couldn't actually get to the higher floors.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 18, 2016, 03:53:16 pm »
Few more map nitpicks.  There's a misplaced staircase in the slums map (pics attached), though you can still somehow climb it anyway.

I love mapnitpicking ;)

Staircase fixed (incorrect placement of opening on the top floor)

Also I came across a terror map (one of the urban ones, might be snow) where a staircase was replaced by a vending machine, but for the life of me I can't find it again.

Vending machine transmutating into stair fixed

I also don't get the biolab.  The SE area of the map always seems to be isolated from the rest of the map.  Is that intentional?

From the description, no but I need to see a pic to be sure. Could you please post one?

Finally, something weird about crashed UFO maps.  I generated UFO maps over and over in New Battle, and most of the time crashed UFOs still have intact power sources.  Or sometimes even no power sources at all.  I'm not entirely sure if this mod (the only one I'm running actually, I have no other mods except for the OpenXcom defaults) or the nightly itself is causing this.

That one has been reported quite a few times for OXC /nightly in general. No idea what causes it but it isn't related to the modded terrains.

Thanks for the nitpicking ;)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 18, 2016, 04:25:13 pm »
Here's a biolab map.  Without fail, the SE area is cut off from the rest of the map and no one in there can get out of there unless they can fly.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 18, 2016, 05:23:48 pm »
Here's a biolab map.  Without fail, the SE area is cut off from the rest of the map and no one in there can get out of there unless they can fly.

OK, I see what you mean now.

I'll need to change the map generation settings, although I've just had a look and that terrain could use some overall polishing on map generation. I didn't had the time before version 0.9 was released since it was a late addition but I'll rework it now ;)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:23:37 pm by Hobbes »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 19, 2016, 04:15:27 pm »
Gauss Cannon Ammo needs a (x50) by its name like with the Cannon Rounds, so people like me don't make 300 of them thinking they're making 300 ammo when in fact they just made 15000 ammo.

Also, Waspite Engineers and Medics never seem to decrease no matter how many times I research them.  I did enable the option to turn researched live aliens into corpses upon completion so that might have something to do with it?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 19, 2016, 07:09:45 pm »
Gauss Cannon Ammo needs a (x50) by its name like with the Cannon Rounds, so people like me don't make 300 of them thinking they're making 300 ammo when in fact they just made 15000 ammo.

The clip being worth 50 rounds was my mistake. The Gauss Cannon Ammo is used for the craft weapon and the HWP, so you do need to build 30 of them to properly use either weapon. I've just fixed this.

Also, Waspite Engineers and Medics never seem to decrease no matter how many times I research them.  I did enable the option to turn researched live aliens into corpses upon completion so that might have something to do with it?

My mistake: there was a change in the nightly and I didn't upgrade my ruleset properly. Thanks for the notice

PS - I'm still working on the Biolab fix, but that requires a bit patience. I should update the download links either tonight or tomorrow with all these fixes

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 21, 2016, 04:17:25 pm »

I'm getting the same issue with researching but in my case it is gazer engineers and medics.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 21, 2016, 06:17:57 pm »
I'm getting the same issue with researching but in my case it is gazer engineers and medics.

It will happen with all alien ranks that give a 'free' topic when researched (Engineers, Medics, Navigators). I've fixed it already but I'm still stuck with the rework of the Biolab terrains that I need to finish before I can release it the fixed version

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 22, 2016, 10:38:12 am »
The clip being worth 50 rounds was my mistake. The Gauss Cannon Ammo is used for the craft weapon and the HWP, so you do need to build 30 of them to properly use either weapon. I've just fixed this.

In that case, should it still cost alien alloys?  One alloy per single round seems kinda expensive.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 22, 2016, 08:35:33 pm »
In that case, should it still cost alien alloys?  One alloy per single round seems kinda expensive.

Agreed, I'll remove the alloy cost.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1197 on: July 23, 2016, 11:59:03 am »
Agreed, I'll remove the alloy cost.

Alternative would be to let a single unit of alien alloy spawn 5 rounds or so :)?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 23, 2016, 04:31:49 pm »
Alternative would be to let a single unit of alien alloy spawn 5 rounds or so :)?

Why complicate things?

Offline firsttefl1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 27, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »
Finally all preparations for the Cydonia mission are finished.
Twenty-two psi-resistant x-com troopers (including six fully-trained psy-corps) and a

plasma hover-tank are bound to Mars.

After short, fast and bloody skirmish and some psi-control one last Muton commander is left

standing. The first phase of the ultimate operation cost X-COM dearly - four good people

are left dead on the Martian surface, including one of the priceless psi-corps.
But victory is getting nearer. SO is the final battle.
It could have gone smooth, but it hadn't. The primordial bane of X-Com has struck when

nobody could expect it...
A crash.
Now one of the soldiers is ready to finish the Muton commander with a quick Heavy Plasma

salvo. Or you can psi-control it - enough capable psi-corps are left standing.
But after the mission screen there comes the crash.
As usual, the archived save file is attached ("Mars1.sav").

If you need it, I can also upload the savefile just before the beginning of Cydonia
(UPDATE - I've attached it too - "Launching.sav")

mission.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:06:53 pm by firsttefl1 »