Author Topic: Area 51 - General Feedback thread  (Read 149042 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: UFO Redux - General Feedback thread
« Reply #870 on: November 15, 2015, 07:55:43 am »
Hobbes,
you might want to remove STR_ALIEN_TERROR from region missionweights in UFO_Redux_Geoscape.rul

-> because of this

The regionweights is not needed anymore since Missionscripting, as Warboy explained to me.
The regionweights for STR_ALIEN_TERRIR leads to very very bad things like STR_ALIEN_TERROR being generated with missionSiteZone: -1, which then results
in a CTD when a Terrorship tries to spawn a Terrorsite.

Savegames are also effected by this, and need to be edited.

EDIT:
One quote from Warboy
Code: [Select]
<Warboy> hellrazor_, yeah, any mission that generates a missionSite needs to exist in missionScript form only, and not in the mission weight tables
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:15:38 am by hellrazor »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #871 on: November 15, 2015, 04:35:43 pm »
With the newest Nightly, the mod outright fails to load because of these terror mission definitions Hellrazor mentioned (Warboy added sanity checks to avoid CTDs). Your newest version is already outdated, Hobbes :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 16, 2015, 08:52:17 am »
Uploaded the links for a new 0.8b version that fixes the issues mentioned by hellrazor and Dioxine. Thanks both for the reports. :)

Offline silencer_pl

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 18, 2015, 09:40:55 am »
Any chance making this save 0.8 compatibile? I'm getting CTD on geoscope after very large UFO spawns. Any idea why? I'm using 11-17 nightly.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:45:57 am by silencer_pl »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 18, 2015, 05:35:58 pm »
Any chance making this save 0.8 compatibile? I'm getting CTD on geoscope after very large UFO spawns. Any idea why? I'm using 11-17 nightly.

UFO was trying to spawn in a region that does not exist anymore. Try the attached save, it seems to be working on 0.8b

Offline silencer_pl

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 18, 2015, 07:22:47 pm »
Wrong save. You've given me 37 and it was 85 ;) which is previous save you've fixed for me.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 18, 2015, 09:06:58 pm »
Wrong save. You've given me 37 and it was 85 ;) which is previous save you've fixed for me.

Crap, sorry. Here it is :)

Offline silencer_pl

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 18, 2015, 10:09:37 pm »
Looks good.

Did someone take a look why there are so many UFO missions? I'm like having 8 UFOs per day with small breaks sometimes. And they are not Overseer Flyby.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:50 pm »
Looks good.

Did someone take a look why there are so many UFO missions? I'm like having 8 UFOs per day with small breaks sometimes. And they are not Overseer Flyby.

From what I've watched on your saved game, I wouldn't call it 8 UFOs per day but there are still a lot of them. I counted 5 Infiltration missions, 1 Harvest, 2 Terror, 1 Base, 1 Retaliation, 2 Facility Attacks and 2 Interdiction alien missions. My guess is that the issue was with the missionScripting of 0.7 that was causing so many additional missions. I'm curious to see how the next month will work out since the mission system of 0.8 has been simplified, if you can please send a save at the beginning of September.

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 20, 2015, 01:50:12 pm »
I'm almost finished my current game and I'm about to start Redux v0.8b with nightly 2015-11-17 1628 and noticed the game crashes to my desktop with the error "Map failed to fully generate" when I choose group picture as a battle mode test. Are you not meant to choose this one as
Spoiler:
From looking at the rul file it appears to have 121 enemies and I was curious to see what way this turns out.
Every other battle mode loads ok, so I'm looking forward to trying this one out. I had no other mods activated not even the pre set ones activated. And one final point if I may ask, was it a deliberate choice not to include excavators, fighters, lab ships and sentry ships?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 20, 2015, 02:17:28 pm »
I'm almost finished my current game and I'm about to start Redux v0.8b with nightly 2015-11-17 1628 and noticed the game crashes to my desktop with the error "Map failed to fully generate" when I choose group picture as a battle mode test. Are you not meant to choose this one as
Spoiler:
From looking at the rul file it appears to have 121 enemies and I was curious to see what way this turns out.
Every other battle mode loads ok, so I'm looking forward to trying this one out. I had no other mods activated not even the pre set ones activated. And one final point if I may ask, was it a deliberate choice not to include excavators, fighters, lab ships and sentry ships?

Yeah, Group Picture is only supposed to be used for testing since it displays all the alien and civilian units. You need to select both the Group Picture mission and Group Picture race but it is currently not working on 0.8b since I made some changes to the terrain it uses and I didn't update the Group Picture alienDeployment.

I deliberately didn't add the Excavators, etc., because there is only one version of those UFOs (the vanilla ones have several different versions) and adding them would require a lot of changes to the alienMission entries.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #881 on: November 20, 2015, 03:32:40 pm »
I deliberately didn't add the Excavators, etc., because there is only one version of those UFOs (the vanilla ones have several different versions) and adding them would require a lot of changes to the alienMission entries.

Allow me to correct this sentence,
but there are multiple Version of those UFO's, i do know that, because i made them :P
Indeed the original ones only had 1 Version of each, i made a whole series out of them.
I use them in my Hardmode Expansion with the deployment in the braces:

- 9 Fighter Maps (same deployment as Medium Scout)
 - 14 Sentry Maps (same deployment as Large Scout)
 - 11 Excavator Maps (same deployment as Large Scout)
 - 4 Labship Maps (same deployment as Battleship but without Terrorunits)

Fixed the LOS/LOF errors in the original maps.
The Maps can be considered to be bugfree, at least the last bugreport was a while ago (2 Months or so).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:37:35 pm by hellrazor »

Offline lessthanoff1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 11, 2015, 04:16:21 am »
Hello,

I'm doing the first facility mission (involving the thin men-like creatures and exploding pipes), and I keep crashing to the desktop on turn four, when it's the enemy's turn.  It's happens every time I reload. 

Other than that, the mod so far is awesome.  I love the new enemy types, the new maps and the new weapons.  It really adds a lot of awesomeness to an already awesome game =)   

***Edit***

So I restarted the mission from scratch and there was no CTD this time.  I suspect -- though I may be completely wrong -- that it was because one of my soldiers was on fire (and one turn away from death) from an exploding pipe, so when the game was trying to have him die from the flames on the enemy's turn, it made the game crash.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:20:45 am by lessthanoff1 »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 11, 2015, 06:43:01 am »
Hello,

I'm doing the first facility mission (involving the thin men-like creatures and exploding pipes), and I keep crashing to the desktop on turn four, when it's the enemy's turn.  It's happens every time I reload. 

Other than that, the mod so far is awesome.  I love the new enemy types, the new maps and the new weapons.  It really adds a lot of awesomeness to an already awesome game =)   

***Edit***

So I restarted the mission from scratch and there was no CTD this time.  I suspect -- though I may be completely wrong -- that it was because one of my soldiers was on fire (and one turn away from death) from an exploding pipe, so when the game was trying to have him die from the flames on the enemy's turn, it made the game crash.

Hello there :)

Any chance you have a save game when it happened on tactical?

Offline lessthanoff1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 11, 2015, 11:25:17 am »
Hello there :)

Any chance you have a save game when it happened on tactical?

Sadly no.  I got rid of the save because I figured it was borked.   :-[

I will let you see any future save files that have a similar issue in the future though! 

I've also got another question, if you don't mind.  Is redux compatible with luke's extra ufos mod?