Author Topic: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)  (Read 140517 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2016, 10:54:20 pm »
Ok, the "Outfits" section is updated.  I'll tackle the others later.

Edit;  All the others have been added now too. 
The page is still out of date as there are 6 armors missing:
    Ragnarok,
    Rags,
    Junkmaster
    Swiftsuit
    Novice Robe
    DefenderMinus
With name changes, there is some rearranging that could be done in the details sections to make them alphabetical again (Leather>Durathread, Force-Belt>Refractor)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:35:21 am by ivandogovich »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2016, 02:05:47 am »
More work on Auxiliaries.  All the Humanoid individual pages are done.  All aux's that have an Inventory Accessible now have an inventory image accessible.  In addition, I've reworked the Tank/Hovertank images to make them match their battle sprites. :)  (and yeah, the variation is awesome! Great job, Dioxine!)

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Auxiliaries_(Piratez)

Edit: All the beasties are now built. :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:44:36 am by ivandogovich »

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2016, 03:12:14 am »
Everything looks great and it was exactly what was needed. Thanks for all the hard work and time you took to do this, ivandogovich.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2016, 03:50:57 am »
Everything looks great and it was exactly what was needed. Thanks for all the hard work and time you took to do this, ivandogovich.

LOL. Yup. There is always plenty to be done. Dracogriffin did a great job building out the initial structure.  There is so much data mining that goes into it.  Its kinda intimidating.  I'm still daunted by some of the things that need updating (i.e. armor & weapons & equipment).  XD   I got to focus on making everything look pretty by getting images added. :)

I still have visions of good analysis articles coming out to enhance the strategies and tactics sections. 

But its still fun, and I enjoy doing it. :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2016, 02:38:22 am »
**Update**

The Armor page is completely up to date at this time. 98D1. :)

I have added a new section on Base Functions to the Facilities page that explains what the functions are and list out what they allow.

I still need to go back and finish up the individual Auxiliary pages as they are about half done.

Then, I think I'll start with melee weapons and try to bring in all the ones that have been added since .95? ack! The real grind will be going back through and checking all of the previous weapons for nerfs, changes, and new capabilities.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2016, 12:08:31 am »
Bump for editors! Anyone can join and edit - don't worry about making mistakes or aesthetically layout.

Also, tiny request to Dioxine - potential to have thread stickied or new sticky that links to the Wiki? It might be nice for any new people to be able to look stuff up!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2016, 08:06:11 pm »
**Update**

Thanks to the terrific work of ohartenstein23, we have updated the Quick Reference Tables of all Pirate and Enemy Craft.

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Vessels_(Piratez)#Quick_Reference_Guide
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Shippings_(Piratez)#Quick_Reference_Guide

Also, it looks like the admins at Ufopaedia have started manual account creation for new users.  Looks like Hobbes is still an admin, so if the process isn't easy to figure out over at https://ufopaedia.org, you can probably PM him here.

Status of the Wiki:
There is a ton of catch up work to do to bring it up to .99.  Most of the wiki dates back to .98x and some as far back as .96.  I haven't had as much time to work on it in past months, and the early game has changed significantly since I started my campaign in .97.  I'm replaying early game now, and just got my Bonaventura in September of the first year, and am starting to feel like a real Pirate now.   Articles are needed on the early farming missions: Temple Raid, Watch Tower, Warehouse Wars, Ratman Rodeo, Science Outposts etc.  Articles on early research would be good too (ie, is it best to go Survival>Bows>Scale Armor, or Violence, etc., etc.).  A nice article on the Airbus and getting up to the Pachyderm would do wonders as well as any tips on what to do about all the Civilian Shipping noise (does anyone shoot them down? Do you get crashes to assault? Can you get loots/experience from the crashes? or are they just a waste of ammo?).

So, feel free to jump in!  I'm willing to post any article generated here on the forums and provide whatever assists I can to those that want to get a wiki account and contribute directly.  The more the merrier!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2016, 07:19:23 pm »
Ivandogovich and I have been discussing the air combat quite a bit, and this has lead to the creation of a strategy guide that we're thinking of uploading to the https://ufopaedia.org Bootypaedia under the empty Strategy Guide section.  I'm posting a link to the document here first; we want your feedback and suggestions to improve it!  So here's the link for the google document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xYCu-apgM69yted2Dj46dURM5p9miAS5R4gLf_f9rQA/edit?usp=sharing

Please make comments either here or directly on the document.  Thanks!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2016, 04:09:18 am »
I got a chance to put some notes in, mostly for stuff I need to write. :)  I really like how this is coming together.  It will be the first article under the "Strategy Guides" section of the wiki :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2016, 03:05:14 pm »
I doubt I'm the de facto expert on interception strategy - any suggestions out there for improving the article?

Also, are there any suggestions on what should be updated next on ufopaedia's Bootypedia?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2016, 03:42:07 pm »
There is so much to update, its silly.  I'd like to start by churning back through all the equipment.  It feels like one of the most out of date sections.  However, I've been busy working on mods at the moment so I haven't given the wiki much attention.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2016, 12:37:45 am »
I've plenty of time commuting on public transit, I can start looking at updating the weapons tables.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2016, 04:56:09 pm »
Hey Ivan, I've got the updated information for melee weapons in a spreadsheet, I'll send you the updated table for the wiki once I've had a chance to edit the HMTL table.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2016, 05:06:10 pm »
Hey Ivan, I've got the updated information for melee weapons in a spreadsheet, I'll send you the updated table for the wiki once I've had a chance to edit the HMTL table.

Terrific!

I'm working on adding the recent armors right now.  I'll tackle the new enemies next.  Thanks for the help!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »
Awesome.  I'll work on the ranged weapons next, though that will probably take much longer.