Author Topic: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)  (Read 140519 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2015, 03:21:05 pm »
Inventory table is okay, you only forgot to mention that lower cost of moving items is from the same leg as the target hand, but the opposite, not the same, shoulder.

@Lamia: Hm, that looks bad. And her basic armor is 12, not 4. I was never planning to 'update' Lamias, that was going to be a separate unit (that doesn't exist yet).

Excellent feedback! Thanks!  I think I'll try adding R/L  Shoulder, Hands, Legs to the table .  I like what you have done with the costs, and had never noticed the crossed hand to shoulder reduction.  Nice.

@ Lamia:  Yeah, the armor doesn't really "pop"....   I may tweak on it a bit more.... we'll see.  Thanks for the correction about her armor!  I've got it wrong online, but will fix it. :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2016, 11:49:15 am »
Excellent feedback! Thanks!  I think I'll try adding R/L  Shoulder, Hands, Legs to the table .  I like what you have done with the costs, and had never noticed the crossed hand to shoulder reduction.  Nice.

You would have noticed, if you had this :D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2016, 07:03:24 pm »
You would have noticed, if you had this :D

That is so cool!  I love it!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2016, 07:18:19 pm »
@ Draco:

I'm working on capturing ingame images of the Pirate vessels as well as Enemy Shippings.

These will have two basic elements:
  •   Screenshots of each level of the ship
  •   Screenshots of the map overlay of the ship

I'm thinking these can go on individual vessel pages, but we haven't really set up a standard for those yet if I recall correctly.   We have the really important details on the overview pages, but do we want to include these and more again on the individual pages?  Anyway, this is just to get the thoughts flowing.

Here is a quick montage of the Leviathan mocked up in PowerPoint.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2016, 08:38:50 pm »
That looks beautiful!

Yeah, no template was made yet for the direct vessel pages. And yes, the plan would be to have all the information on the article (similarly to the unit pages).

I'm wondering if making dedicated templates for each vessel/unit would be easier to maintain (update one page full of the details per version, rather than trying to update every page?). Just not sure how to implement it better.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2016, 06:39:07 pm »
Not duplicating things certainly has an appeal, so templates for each vessel certainly makes sense. (Definitely feels like a bit of work though)

I've also been laboriously trying to work through updating all the Piratez_lang.rul changes to 'pedia entries. ... yeah... its taking a while.  I've gotten to weapons and its going to take some grinding. 

With the addition of Gun-Butt attacks being a thing now, I tried formatting out the table for the Musket.  How does this look?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2016, 10:56:19 pm »
It's pretty technical, with Accuracy expressed in formulas instead of the simple numbers from Ufopaedia and so on. But I like it.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2016, 12:46:20 am »
I got to messing with something else.  The Piratez Table where the main navigation happens.  I set up some icons for the different sections that borrow from Piratez resources rather than EU 2012.

This is the current.
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Piratez_Table 

Here is my mockup.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:47:57 am by ivandogovich »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2016, 02:20:26 am »
Awesome selection of pics for sections!

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2016, 07:55:58 am »
Added Expl. Cannonballs to the Assault Cannon under Heavy Weapons. With basic notes, due to the massive difference in ammo-type usages.

Might also add that concussive is good against walls/terrain. It is, isn't it? (that's why hammers work, on top of snap fire for targeting?)

Those little exploding beauties turns one of the worst guns in the game into one of the best all-round death machines you can have. Cheap, fairly light, cheap and fairly light ammo.

Even a noob with runt duds can carry one. 20+ strength and they've got the gun and two reloads. Plus they contribute. Explosively and inaccurately.

Actually, the gun is pretty damn accurate from any reasonable range. But there have been *incidents*

Also, you need to duck during base defense missions/inside ufos to fire it at any reasonable range. But you probably should duck whenever you fire it anyway. Many gals died to bring you this information.....

(posts merged - Dioxine)

Is flavour text fine on the wiki for initial techs?

It sort of helps put people on the right path.

Updated Cattle Prod with flavour text, Anglicized Pirate-speak, kind of showing the research allowing it.

I figure with it being a basic tech, pretty funny, and giving some basic "strategy", it'd be fine, even while giving away research requirements.

All good on little things like that? Or full "iron wall" on initial techs? Discovery is fine with me, and there's lots of stuff that does similar stuff that you have already at the start, but I hope it's cool on the earliest things.

It is a wiki, after all. You'll definitely spoil something for yourself.

(posts merged - Dioxine)

Question:

Does the exploding cannonball directly inherit the normal cannonball's features?

Ie: minimum 50% damage, +50% stun damage?

Because I've definitely stunned out enemies before with an explosive cannonball. But was it due to concussive-explosion, direct hit, direct inheritance from cast-iron balls, smoke caused due to explosion, or did I forget that I hit them with something else (pretty sure they got stunned just due to an Expl. Cannonball from an Assault Cannon shot, without any other damage). Might not have heard the death sound either, but I got 4 captures from only 2 prod-stuns from the mission, and I "stunned" 2 others with Expl. Cannonballs. How?

Early smoke-naps that I didn't see?

The ruleset on them implies that one uses TFtD damage mechanics, and extra stun. So did the exploding cannonball inherit this, did I simply mis-remember, or does concussive have a stun component?

For the wiki.

Does concussion have a stun component? How big? Should it be noted in ammo? If it's +25/50% stun damage, then it makes sense. Just normal "stuff". Makes Kabooms better.

I forget if "-" or "--" gives inheritance on types in this sort of structure. Available Ammo in this case. But it would explain and give options down the track (incremental upgrades) to ammo types. But it would explain why any ammo type upgrade to a weapon feels godly powerful.

"-" may inherit all "-" types, in order of listing. Any same types get the last type that of that kind on the list, any differences get added to the capabilities. In the Assault Cannon's case, they would be huge.

Is this the case? Or is "-" completely different from the next "-" on the list? And can "--" therefore inherit from a type directly above them?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:14:29 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2016, 03:19:37 pm »
- All explosives use TFTD damage formula by default;
- extra stun damage is a feature of ammo, not weapon, so ammo cannot inherit it, as every ammo type is a separate item;
- explosions do cause stun but I don't know how much compared to other lethal weapons;
- I know nothing about inheritances in YAML structure (I thought the ruleset files were just 'dumb' databases), however the stuff you're talking about sounds interesting. Do you have any working code to illustrate that?

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2016, 12:30:36 am »
Nope, sorry. I wasn't really sure what style of format it used. Probably wouldn't be too hard for me to put together some code in a ruleset with inheritance structure within it though. I'll see if it's possible.

I'll chuck some together after the weekend (lots of work this week).

Probably just do a "bullet/now with explosions/now with exploding fire!" as a tester, for easy visual confirmation of working/not working code. I don't really know if it's possible, but it should be.

At least I now know that there is some stun components to explosions. Whether it's from the explosion or the created smoke, it explains the captures with Expl. Cannonballs. Thanks.

Added: Small note on arcing shots for bows and kneeling for indoor use.

Edited: Flamer/H.Flamer/LR.Flamer damage values changed to X-Piratez ruleset values. H.Flamer morale value changed. Blast radius and arcing shots noted in effects.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:02:31 am by sambojin »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bootypedia (aka the wiki) Prison Processing Draft
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2016, 12:45:50 am »
I've got a draft table up of Prisoner Processing values... ie. how much Ransom them for, what you get if your slave or rob them, how many techs they can reveal with Get One Frees with a hint toward what they mainly specialize in, and also if you can interrogate them.

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/User:IvanDogovich/Sandbox/prisoners#Prisoner_Processing

It still needs a bit of explanation (ie a key for how much space each slave type provides), but the data is pretty solid. 

I'd still like a few more sets of eyes on it, and any feedback before I release it into the wild, however. ;)

Thanks!

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2016, 11:47:43 am »
Good job, it might need an explanation of the columns (especially what GetOneFree means) and maybe how to unlock slavery, robbery and interrogation.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2016, 04:06:17 pm »
Hehe, this will have to be upgraded in the 0.98B due to four new options of prisoner processing :)