aliens

Author Topic: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)  (Read 143145 times)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: Bootypedia (aka the wiki)
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2015, 09:03:22 am »
Academician direct article - this is why I've been putting these off, Ivan. Soooo much work. Hopefully pretty. Hopefully helpful.

Also, I'm trying to get the Statbox to look like this:

But I don't want to keep wasting more time trying to figure out the appropriate MediaWiki/HTML/CSS code to make it just so. (If anyone can make it look right, PLEASE SEND HELP)

edit: Also, I have no idea how accurate the loadouts are for the Academician, but hopefully it's close enough.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Bootypedia (Jaynes)
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2015, 03:14:30 pm »
Looks Awesome Draco! :) 

Also: Jaynes:

Jayne's Shipping of the World is pleased to present you the latest identification guide:

"Jayne's Shipping of the 2600 World"
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Shippings_%28Piratez%29

I think I've got all the ship profiles matched up correctly but I could use a few sets of veteran eyes to confirm. ;)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2015, 03:56:50 pm »
That looks nice Draco! Maybe just move "Size" to the 3rd column on top of "2x2 unit" (they are related, afterall) so the columns fit a bit better length wise and it'd be perfect ;)

@Ivan: I can't open the page :(

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2015, 04:15:58 pm »
@Arthanor, seems like Ufopedia.org isn't working well this AM.  I can't get anywhere either.

@ Draco:  Thinking about it some more:  Things like recovery speed.  Only note them if they are unusual in a "comments" or "notes" section? ie. Ghoul's  health regen/stun recovery.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2015, 12:36:19 am »
That looks nice Draco! Maybe just move "Size" to the 3rd column on top of "2x2 unit" (they are related, afterall) so the columns fit a bit better length wise and it'd be perfect ;)

@Ivan: I can't open the page :(

Size has to do with Hitbox size supposedly, and 2X2 is just simply to indicate it's not a standard 1x1.

@Arthanor, seems like Ufopedia.org isn't working well this AM.  I can't get anywhere either.

@ Draco:  Thinking about it some more:  Things like recovery speed.  Only note them if they are unusual in a "comments" or "notes" section? ie. Ghoul's  health regen/stun recovery.

I didn't notice anything like that for Ghoul, and if it's that rare (one unit out of how many?), it's best just to put it somewhere else instead of creating template for all units but only affects one.

So yeah, notes section is probably best (and since we don't need to worry about spoilers on direct articles, best to use collapsing for big stuff only not just for spoilery things).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2015, 12:41:38 am »
Size has to do with Hitbox size supposedly, and 2X2 is just simply to indicate it's not a standard 1x1.

I understand that. They're not the same but they make sense close to each other since they both relate to how big something is. It is an indicator of which volume is used to represent the unit in 3D space when calculating shooting hits. Ex.: A large one occupies more space (has a bigger 3D volume), so near misses that still go through the same tile are likely to hit, whereas small ones are harder to hit since even "hits" have a small deviation that might be enough to take the trajectory away from the (small) volume.

The idea was more to shuffle things around a bit and make all 3 columns have similar heights for visual uniformity, bonus that the information fits together.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2015, 01:09:38 am »

Actually, looking through ruleset again, all enemies have the normal Combat stress (none of them have any bonuses whatsoever either). So perhaps we swap in Stun Recovery? (Only 6 enemies - Ghoul / Ethereals) Or perhaps swap Bleed Immunity(15 units) from the other Statbox in and don't do Combat Stress(0 units)/Stun(6 units)/Health(1 unit) at all.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2015, 01:21:55 am »
I think stun recovery swapped in sounds good.  Health regen in the notes. 

Because we know Dioxine is reading this, I'm sure he'll be motivated to create some new nasties that throw more curveballs like this at us.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »
Good work guys. Someone should please note somewhere that it is possible to get negative storage space in the vault and it is not a bug but a design feature of the XPirates mod - I currently have -455 in my main base,

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2015, 01:40:32 pm »
Good work guys. Someone should please note somewhere that it is possible to get negative storage space in the vault and it is not a bug but a design feature of the XPirates mod - I currently have -455 in my main base,

Yep, I tested that awhile back to see if slaves break anything and they don't. So yeah, if you have that many slaves, it's possible.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2015, 03:07:46 pm »
Do you guys want someone to be a grammar checker? I do have a busy job but I dont mind running reading through passages and correcting the grammar. English is my first language.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2015, 04:04:35 pm »
Would be useful to make a list of mistakes you find, so I can fix mod files as well.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »
Would be useful to make a list of mistakes you find, so I can fix mod files as well.

I was wondering about that, Dioxine.  I've put a few in the bug thread, but wasn't sure if that is where you  would like it.  I'm finding one every now and again in the bootypedia entries.  Would you like to create another thread for just typos?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2015, 07:20:02 pm »
Bug thread is fine, just please do it in bulk, not every 2 strings :)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2015, 10:06:11 pm »
Yeah, I used to do that in my bug reports but didn't seem Dioxine cared. :(

However, now, I'm just putting (sic) after the more glaring errors in the Bootypedia. (View Source, CTRL+F (sic), done)

That's why Ivan I had changed that one Bootypedia entry to lorem ipsum rather than making up our own. Although, that's not a big issue... could be useful for Dioxine. Perhaps we can put our own "flavor entries" in the notes that can be "borrowed"? :D