aliens

Author Topic: Customizable Balance Mod Pack  (Read 9479 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Customizable Balance Mod Pack
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »
Yeah, just kidding, I'm not someone to be bothered too much about this, but still I think I deserve at least some joking rights (and you still didn't check) :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:01:31 pm by Dioxine »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 07:13:27 pm »
Yeah, just kidding, I'm not someone to be bothered too much about this, but still I think I deserve at least some joking rights (and you still didn't check) :)

Well your "joke" was more of a insult to me, then a joke in any regard.

Guess that is what you could call cultural differences :>

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 07:18:07 pm »
One could say that not crediting someone is an insult too... Whew, cutting off that little game: it's Alloy Knife and most of the civilians in your mod.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:20:38 pm by Dioxine »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 07:20:41 pm »
One could say that not crediting someone is an insult too...

Sorry but i seriously read it as a insult. It probably was not intended as such, but i do not understand the subtellness in humor, especially your humor most of the time.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 07:22:34 pm »
Ah, just a little game. Cutting the subtlety: it's Alloy Knife and most of the civilians in your mod.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 07:24:45 pm »
Ah, just a little game. Cutting the subtlety: it's Alloy Knife and most of the civilians in your mod.

Good to know that, you will be put on the creditlist of course.

EDIT: Maybe we should create some kind of sprite database, so we could track who is the original designer etc...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:27:35 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 08:03:13 pm »
Thank you. And it ain't a bad idea with the database - not everyone credits sprites they reuse (not talking about you, in reality I think you're rather meticulous with these kinds of things. I bet you got those from Hobbes, wink, wink, Hobbes :) ) Even better would be a mapblock database, I think - with mapview-created thumbnail, tilesets used, and the list of creators/contributors. Chopping sprites is easy, but tracking all these maps and their versions... (like Luke UFOs, which got reworked several times over, or Luke's Terror, or even Hobbes' maps - through their sheer variety). It'd also tremendously help people who'd want to create some additional mapblocks to existing terrains, or update existing mapblocks. The same goes for tilesets...
And it's not cultural differences, it's character differences I think, and sorry for being smartass - that's how I react for being insulted :)

Uuuuh, @OP: sorry for derailing your thread!!! I think ammo-less weapons are nice... if you want the game to become more casual (the player doesn't need to worry about logistics anymore). What about just limiting clips to just 1 per weapon in deployments? That way the amount of recovered ammo would be severely reduced. Or reducing the number of shots per clips to below 15 - the aliens won't get a chance to shoot more than a few times anyway...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:05:06 pm by Dioxine »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 05:01:47 am »
Sorry OP for getting off topic here.

Your idea is good, i agree with Dioxine, that limiting the amount of clips to 1 should make them a little bit more scarce.