Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 274954 times)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2460 on: September 26, 2020, 12:56:12 am »
Thanks SS :)

Sectopod damage: Laser
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_SECTOPOD_TERRORIST
("built-in items" link)

Best shield is a probably an attack dog haha.  Although red shields would actually make that survivable.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:58:01 am by Greep »

Offline Delian

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 26, 2020, 06:33:28 pm »
Two questions:
1. How is an enemy able to shoot me from 40+ tiles away when they have only 9 night vision? I've attached a sav file where you can click an End Turn for demonstration.

2. How does the game determine which enemy is a sniper?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 26, 2020, 10:34:48 pm »
#2 is the answer to #1.  Snipers just use the same abilities you have (your units can fire out of LoS to spotted enemies).  Well kind of, the cheaty aspect is your position can linger for a bit (that's what spotter X turns is)

As for whether its a sniper, it's just whether it's programmed to be a sniper, not much to say.
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_SPARTAN_RIFLEMAN

"Chance of firing on spotted units: 66"

Early game, only ones I know of are osiron security, marsec, humanists (though not activists), leaders/vips, and all spartans.  I just kinda assume all of the year 2+ races are.

I'm curiou what spotter: -1 means.  I'm guessing that just means star gods reveal you forever once seen.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 11:06:07 pm by Greep »

Offline machinehater

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: Today at 12:01:28 am »
2 questions:

If i mindcontrol a unit, it becomes part of my team until my next turn, this means, that the enemy will much likely try to kill the mindcontrolled unit (because they are usually next to him/her).

Does this drop the morale of my, or of the enemy squad? Because when the unit dies, in this moment, for the game, it is part of MY squad?

I researched the "sivalinga stone ", but still can't buy it! Does the not unlock the buy option? Or do i have to unlock a certain dealer first?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: Today at 12:54:24 am »
Unsure about morale thing, but you can't buy sivalinga stones.  It has "tech required" which is for using it in battle, but what you need is "tech required to buy" which the item doesn't have.  At leats you don't lose it on research xD

Offline machinehater

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: Today at 02:24:32 am »
so the does not mean that i can buy the thing, but that i can use it? I was always wrong then :-D