aliens

Author Topic: [QoL] Engineered Tanks 0.2 - Gives Bored Starter Engineers a Project  (Read 10225 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [QoL] Engineered Tanks 0.2 - Gives Bored Starter Engineers a Project
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 07:30:46 pm »
I'm fairly certain that fighter cannons are a bit too big for a HWP... This stuff takes down UFOs, while a laser tank can't damage a UFO wall.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 08:26:36 pm »
Could be a question of how big a power source you can stick on a plane compared to a HWP? The laser itself might not need to be bigger, just spend more power to get a more powerful beam/faster rate of fire to slowly damage the hull..

The suggestion is merely to stick with the vanilla research tree. It makes little sense to be unable to fit a heavy laser you know and use on a HWP until you discover the laser cannon. The "engineering/physics" explanation can be whatever you come up with later.

Wow. That is a bit beyond what I need, but impressive all the same :) I am just interested in small QoL stuff right now... besides Weapon Roles :P
Well, feel free to take whichever small bit fits your needs ;) I haven't published the code yet I think, so sharing is a different way to make it useful!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 08:31:37 pm by Arthanor »

Offline Lohengramm

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »
Fixed a bug, and having just updated my game to the Nightly build, modified the .zip to no longer use a "Ruleset" folder internally. If you aren't on the Nightly then just put the .rul file where all your other mods are.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 01:51:10 am »
I think a dedicated Ruleset folder is still nice, since the .rul doesn't mix with metadata and stuff...