Author Topic: Chaos Reborn Release Date 26th of October!!!  (Read 3146 times)

Offline TigerLord

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Chaos Reborn Release Date 26th of October!!!
« on: October 09, 2015, 08:52:13 pm »
Hi all, Julian Gollop is releasing the remake of his other masterpiece Chaos.

Chaos Reborn is launching on the 26th of this month.

I backed the kickstarter campaign and since it was released early access last year I have clocked nearly a 1000 hours of great gameplay.

Between Xcom and Chaos I have a combined total of 50 years of playing these 2 games and I dont have to tell the good people of this website that Julian Gollop is a genius and probably the greatest game developer ever!

The game already has a great core community of really friendly and nice people and there are alot of similarities between Chaos Reborn and Xcom gameplay wise (RNG, turn based, day to learn lifetime to master, managing stuff)

So trade in that heavy plasma for a magic staff, support Mr JG and jump in for the big win!

Hope to see you all in the realms of Limbo,

Tiger:)

https://www.forum.chaos-reborn.com/index.php?sid=af9e20072a746c335f303504f5896029
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:54:42 pm by TigerLord »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Reborn Release Date 26th of October!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 09:21:49 pm »
Looks like a nice game. Can you specialize your wizard or do you just get 100% random spells?

Also.. the price for the different packs are pretty reasonable, I guess it is a simpler game than what I am comparing to, but still. Name in the credits and ruling a region in game do not sound like things you would get for 50$, that used to just buy you a game!

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 09:52:58 pm »
Backed the kickstarter myself.  Haven't had time to play it though, still trying to finish dlc on fallout new vegas before 4 comes out....

Offline TigerLord

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 02:08:05 am »
At the moment there are two distinct modes, Classic and Equipped. In classic you get a random staff and the spells are random.

In equipped you can pick your staff which influences your spell hand and you can also bind spells to your staff to make sure you get the ones you like.

I have been playing various versions of Chaos regularly for over 28 years and it is really the randomness that keeps it fresh and ensures each game requires different strategies.

Chaos however is far from a game of pure luck, it is similar to p0ker, managing risk, bluffing and tactical positioning. Just as in p0ker people who are new to it may say it is just a game of luck, however the most skilled players rise to the top.

And it is great value for money, sure you can try it on Steam and if its not for you, you can get a full refund, so win win really!

Just for the record I am in no way gaining monetarily from promoting this.

I am a hardcore gamer who loves all types of computer games, love Chaos to bits and just really want it and Julian Gollop to get the success and acknowledgement that they so deserve.

And cant blame you for finishing up New Vegas, I can barley contain my excitement for Fallout 4 as I believe 3 is probably one of the best games ever made (along with XCom and Chaos of course:) and hopefully 4 will surpass it in every way!